FL DEAD
(07-03-2020, 10:22 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:21 PM)richieb Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:21 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:20 PM)richieb Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:19 PM)Zulu Wrote: But the thing is people are paying for this dedicated server so that Fearless services remain up, not for the owner to have a private circle jerk with friends only.

#OPENTHESERVERTOTHEPUBLIC

i mean technically the owner owns the server and can do what he wants with them whether it's with a "private circle jerk" or not lol

You're only saying that because you're part of the circle jerk.

you were once !

Are you el dumbo? When I played the Ink Sac MC server it wasn't on the FL dedicated server.

As conn's said, this doesn't effect FL's gmod servers, he's monitored it.
(07-03-2020, 10:22 PM)Divey Wrote: My activity has been piss poor over the last 2 weeks because Minecraft has consumed my life, I won't lie. I play Minecraft with my mates once every year when a new update comes out hence my dwindling presence over the last 2 weeks. And that is definitely my bad. In terms of the actual Minecraft server itself, as Conn stated - I'm not spending any additional money on it, nor am I wasting resources on it, there's free space which isn't being used hence I'm using it.

We've got a great team and I agree with everything you're saying and I'm happy to see people feel so strongly about the community to still be making threads like this. I barely comment on the forums but perhaps I should interact more, the reason I hate commenting is because it can come across as false promises. Let's just get shit done, which we are working towards. We had a certain plan in regards to updates in terms of releasing a few more before working on a GM switch (which we've had dialogue over a lot), but obviously that model isn't working and we need to work towards more updates - especially now that we can't rely on the boom of success after lockdown was initiated. Again, I can't say much other than hold tight. Actions are better than words and you'll just have to keep tabs on the updates section.

Nice to see you've replied, you aren't a mute after all.

I've just got to say it Divey, I think this is your last shot. Don't miss.
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zulu's post:
  • Lewwings
If its running off of the same server then it wont cost anymore than to pay for the gmod server sooo I don't get the point
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
(07-03-2020, 10:22 PM)Divey Wrote: My activity has been piss poor over the last 2 weeks because Minecraft has consumed my life, I won't lie. I play Minecraft with my mates once every year when a new update comes out hence my dwindling presence over the last 2 weeks. And that is definitely my bad. In terms of the actual server itself, as Conn stated - I'm not spending any additional money on it, nor am I wasting resources on it, there's free space which isn't being used hence I'm using it.

We've got a great team and I agree with everything you're saying and I'm happy to see people feel so strongly about the community to still be making threads like this. I barely comment on the forums but perhaps I should take upon more interaction, the reason I hate commenting is because it can come across as false promises. Let's just get shit done, which we are working towards. We had a certain plan in regards to updates in terms of releasing a few more before working on a GM switch (which we've had dialogue over a lot), but obviously that model isn't working and we need to work towards more updates - especially now that we can't rely on the boom of success after lockdown was initiated. Again, I can't say much other than hold tight. Actions are better than words and you'll just have to keep tabs on the updates section.

You've sat on your arse a lot longer than 2 weeks, 2 years would be more appropriate.

You've got limited time and I'm not going to lie to you or sugarcoat it for you, Divey.

Fearless is in decline, the playerbase is soaking up, and it's your responsibility as the owner to fix things, that's what this whole owner change thing was about, and I think you've lost your way on that. You really should engage with your community, because otherwise you're hiding behind a fake veil of "behind the scenes work". Players are demotivated which makes staff and developers demotivated, this stems from the higher ups being demotivated. It's a problem on all levels of this damn community, but it starts at the top.

Right now, there's no plan, just useless map change ideas and cosmetic changes which overall contribute to nothing of any value whatsoever, and uphold the pseudo-change mood. Get real and start making proper changes, host events more, go and improve development (actually pay them since I know you recently got a big $260 bump in 1 day).

Right now you're a bad owner who shows no care about his own community. Which is why you were made Owner in the first place, to be the owner to share care about the community. It's the same old leadership just with a new colour.

I'd say you're a shit owner, and many others would probably agree with me on that, try and change that. Do something. For once.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 14 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Divey, Zulu, Luna, Rylund, Magnus, Chumps, Molyneux481, Kappatalist, L Y N C H Y, Tails59, Balls, Mist, Dragnort_, Jimmy The
(07-03-2020, 10:27 PM)Ryan Wrote: If its running off of the same server then it wont cost anymore than to pay for the gmod server sooo I don't get the point

If anything it'll be a bigger waste of money to buy a separate server as that'll likely use donation funds too (as Divey gets anything left over after the server is paid for). FL also doesn't own the dedicated, Divey does. You donate to keep FL services up (which has been done) but the dedicated itself is owned by Divey and he can do whatever he wants with it. There's a lot of issues but I don't get the fuss over this at all.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-03-2020, 10:22 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:21 PM)richieb Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:19 PM)Zulu Wrote: But the thing is people are paying for this dedicated server so that Fearless services remain up, not for the owner to have a private circle jerk with friends only.

#OPENTHESERVERTOTHEPUBLIC

i mean technically the owner owns the server and can do what he wants with them whether it's with a "private circle jerk" or not lol

you were once !

Are you el dumbo? When I played the Ink Sac MC server it wasn't on the FL dedicated server.

I cannot stress enough that it does not matter if it's on the FL dedicated server or not. You'd be none the wiser had it been put on a different IP address. The MC server does not impact the other services in any way because it uses purely free resources on a server that just happens to also host FL. All resources are dedicated, and due to the nature of the server that we have, there is some free space to play with, but we require the calibre of server due to the single-core performance of the processor, and GMod being a single-threaded application. There are valid issues being discussed, this being on the same server isn't one of them.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 2 users Like Conn's post:
  • Pollux, Chumps
have u tried turning it off and on again?
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 3 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Conn, Zulu, Luna
Lol alt f4 this shit please
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
When people realise there is a FL Minecraft server
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUByou7T...e=youtu.be
The following 13 users Like Eoin's post:
  • Inlandbubbles, Ryan, Conn, Luna, Molyneux481, Zulu, Chumps, Ducktard, Joe Joe, Pollux, Kappatalist, L Y N C H Y, Mist
(07-03-2020, 10:19 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:17 PM)Conn Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:15 PM)Zulu Wrote:

You’re big sad because you said something racist and turned the group against you. If it weren’t for that you’d still be in it smh.

The team just seems de-motivated, I’m sure this’ll all bow over and FL will bounce back. I’m optimistic.

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ratatoskrr's post:
  • Conn