UNBAN EVERYONE
-Support

Unless they have to make a video in which they apologise and the community decides on a Twitch stream as we go through each submission
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Oliver
(06-30-2020, 08:17 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:20 PM)richieb Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:14 PM)Magnus Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:10 PM)richieb Wrote: keep tos bans there, theres not nice people out there

neutral

People who got banned from breaking ToS like 5 years ago, should get a second chance, if they break rules again the admins have something to do

Currently there not really anything for the admins to take care off

More traffic on the server = more new players

But I do get your point, some shouldn't be banned, the unbans have to be filtered by the staff.

depends on the severity of the ToS i guess

Any examples of a specific ToSed user, just so I can understand which type of bans you recommend should stay?

People who are dangers to the community: ddos, pedos and those sort of things which could damage FL more than save it
(07-01-2020, 10:06 AM)Molyneux481 Wrote: +Support

Staff should go through majority of the list and start un banning people. If someone was banned a year ago just unban them. People change, looks at my record as an example.

Well, people change if they're interested in the gamemode and playing on the server again, but the majority of the time people will stay toxic and mingey as before, regardless of being unbanned. It's a gmod server, people don't have a lot to lose playing or messing about on it.
face cam apology ubr give them a template to follow

tears or it’s not real
The following 13 users Like god's post:
  • Luna, Magnus, Ranger, Panda, Lewwings, Bulldogg, User 21796, Zulu, rino, Bobby, Pollux, Ryan, Julern
(07-01-2020, 11:34 AM)richieb Wrote: Well, people change if they're interested in the gamemode and playing on the server again, but the majority of the time people will stay toxic and mingey as before, regardless of being unbanned. It's a gmod server, people don't have a lot to lose playing or messing about on it.

Thats why I said the staff should go through the list. Meaning they pick out the players that's aren't a danger to the community.

The following 1 user Likes Molyneux481's post:
  • Magnus
(07-01-2020, 01:37 PM)Molyneux481 Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 11:34 AM)richieb Wrote: Well, people change if they're interested in the gamemode and playing on the server again, but the majority of the time people will stay toxic and mingey as before, regardless of being unbanned. It's a gmod server, people don't have a lot to lose playing or messing about on it.

Thats why I said the staff should go through the list. Meaning they pick out the players that's aren't a danger to the community.

Bare in mind this is a *very* lengthy process. Last ban wipe we did, we went through key words relating to TOS, and a few other things, and this was a long process despite it being largely automated. The best solution for everyone here is to allow people to post UBRs, and if they are of no apparent or sizable danger to the community, then we allow unbans, that is as for TOS bans.

We're working with tens of thousands of rows of data, many rows of which don't contain enough data to actually establish anything useful from. I don't think that blindly allowing everyone back in is the best way, maybe easing the restrictions imposed in UBRs allowing for last chances wherever possible, with certain exceptions for the edge cases.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 4 users Like Conn's post:
  • Joe Joe, Bulldogg, Magnus, Molyneux481
+rep just do it, stop overthinking it
[Image: gn3iiwj]
The following 1 user Likes Julern's post:
  • Magnus
+support. Just unban all the Players who got banned 1 year ago. ToS-bans should be filtered. And Staff should also look into the ToS bans.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 1 user Likes RoCKy's post:
  • Magnus
(07-02-2020, 09:20 PM)Julern Wrote: +rep just do it, stop overthinking it

not overthinking just thinking rationally
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Ryan's post:
  • Magnus
Ignoring the fact that its tedious to do this what exactly do we think this will achieve? If people genuinely wanted to come back surely they'd appeal? When doing things like this its very beneficial to take a step back and look at the situation rationally. What is the point of having any rules if every few months we unban those that cause problems again? What do they bring to the community if they have a bad attitude; nothing. Now we may want players but if we keep latching onto the players of the old by unbanning those that cause problems you are likely to have new players not wanting to stay, and yes by all means you can pull the card of its the staffs job to keep the servers clean, which yes it is but all this will do is create more work for the Devs and the Admins when it could be used for much more worth while projects.

-Support
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<