Fearless x Grand Theft Auto
(07-16-2020, 06:09 PM)Molyneux481 Wrote: I personally can't see it happening. FL is too dedicated to Garrys Mod and I can't see Divey investing into a new project on that scale.

Summed up perfectly.
Also to add most people who play FL have a very average PC to be able to run, GTA to how anyone would wanna run it you need a good PC otherwise your textures are shit and you fall under the map constantly thats why i stopped playing FiveM i legit fell under the map and my map wouldnt be spawned in properly
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Oliver
(07-16-2020, 11:30 PM)Grizzly Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 11:13 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 10:54 PM)Grizzly Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 10:15 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 09:24 PM)Grizzly Wrote: I think Garrys mod as a whole is dying. A community cannot run on a dying game. The forums and in-game shows a fairly active player base this i think in part could be well transferred and new fresh community members that are looking for a role play server can find one. I dare say it will take some hefty work but it’s possible and i would say positive for fearless.

I would suggest checking charts before making such statements.

The game has had a steady player base for years. Many games have a steady community. Does that mean they are not dying? I don't think so. Absurd waiting times, poor graphics, toxic communities flood gmod to the brim. It is a game years past its prime, its decaying. It just simply isn't what it once was, so yes you could look at some graphs and see a general trend with a steady(ish) playerbase but in the long run in means very little especially when THIS SPECIFIC server can barely manage 30 people on a weekend.

I disagree, a game "dying" implies that the player base is decreasing which isn't the case with Garry's Mod. I also don't think the game is decaying or anything either as there's constant stream of new things being made for the game by the community. I wouldn't take what is happening to FL and apply it to the entire game because it isn't true.

Before covid-19 lockdown the player base was falling. All games have seen new spikes because of this lockdown. Fair enough that maybe it isn't 'dying' but an old game like gmod with a really old engine like source just isn't competitive in the current gaming landscape especially not online games. Specifically focusing in on FL you see a very different sight. We can barely avg 30 players on weekends. Weekdays show sometimes 15 players in the evenings not really that great. Its just not the prime time for this gamemode anymore, and I personally don't want to see this community die but I do see that happening on FL. Whereas there is  GTA rp something hot right now and is  closest to the the thing FL is looking for.

FL isn't all of GMOD. Garry's mod as a whole is doing just fine and it's likely better to try fix the server that still gets decent players and exists than to dump resources into a massive risk with a much lower chance of working out. FiveM RP isn't close to FL at all, they're very different styles of RP.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I do really like Garry's Modification and I don't think GTA would feel the same for FL. Also fuck the server capacity on GTA servers.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Oliver
(07-17-2020, 06:09 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 11:30 PM)Grizzly Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 11:13 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 10:54 PM)Grizzly Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 10:15 PM)Dimitris Wrote: I would suggest checking charts before making such statements.

The game has had a steady player base for years. Many games have a steady community. Does that mean they are not dying? I don't think so. Absurd waiting times, poor graphics, toxic communities flood gmod to the brim. It is a game years past its prime, its decaying. It just simply isn't what it once was, so yes you could look at some graphs and see a general trend with a steady(ish) playerbase but in the long run in means very little especially when THIS SPECIFIC server can barely manage 30 people on a weekend.

I disagree, a game "dying" implies that the player base is decreasing which isn't the case with Garry's Mod. I also don't think the game is decaying or anything either as there's constant stream of new things being made for the game by the community. I wouldn't take what is happening to FL and apply it to the entire game because it isn't true.

Before covid-19 lockdown the player base was falling. All games have seen new spikes because of this lockdown. Fair enough that maybe it isn't 'dying' but an old game like gmod with a really old engine like source just isn't competitive in the current gaming landscape especially not online games. Specifically focusing in on FL you see a very different sight. We can barely avg 30 players on weekends. Weekdays show sometimes 15 players in the evenings not really that great. Its just not the prime time for this gamemode anymore, and I personally don't want to see this community die but I do see that happening on FL. Whereas there is  GTA rp something hot right now and is  closest to the the thing FL is looking for.

FL isn't all of GMOD. Garry's mod as a whole is doing just fine and it's likely better to try fix the server that still gets decent players and exists than to dump resources into a massive risk with a much lower chance of working out. FiveM RP isn't close to FL at all, they're very different styles of RP.

It is true FL is not all of Gmod. I understand there are probably internal issues that could be fixed before such a big change should be decided. But i do feel if FL starts to truly sink i’m taking about minimal server players after several fixes. Little growth no new players etc a move to GTA may be necessary.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
I've always been keen on looking at other alternatives for Fearless to have servers on, however GMod has always been the priority. The last time this was suggested I said it was too early to look at other alternatives at the time and while that's not as true anymore, we still have some things we're working on.

I've been eagerly taking note of the development of GMod 2 (Formerly known as S&Box) and would take an active part in the official discord behind it, although as time has progressed it seems my overall hype for the game has dwindled due to the constant switches in development, etc. As for alternatives - if GMod2 does become more of a game that is likely to be released - we can set our future for their, but even with that release we would still be supporting our current GM alongside it.

I'm always up for suggestions, however as others have pointed out FiveM might not be the best bet. Other communities have tried to do the same and it hasn't worked in their favor. Of course, we'd likely need a whole new team to support such an endevaour and we'd need a large push from not only the people in the team, but the entire community as well. Perhaps it is possible, but it's not an option I personally see as being logistical at this moment in time.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
(07-17-2020, 03:29 AM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: Also to add most people who play FL have a very average PC to be able to run, GTA to how anyone would wanna run it you need a good PC otherwise your textures are shit and you fall under the map constantly thats why i stopped playing FiveM i legit fell under the map and my map wouldnt be spawned in properly

put ur graphics to normal smh
This may have been a suitable thing to do maybe 4 or 5 years ago when the server was extremely popular, however I feel that the money and time that would need to be invested into doing something like this would not satisfy the likely outcome that no one will play.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Panda's post:
  •