Conn AMA
I've got no self-respect and therefore I'm following the trend and making an AMA..

Ask me anything!
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

How, why and when did you get into coding?
What languages would you consider yourself proficient in?
How often do you practise?
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

How are you finding lockdown?
What's Bradley Walsh like in person?
Where am I?
(05-20-2020, 04:09 PM)Link Wrote: How, why and when did you get into coding?
What languages would you consider yourself proficient in?
How often do you practise?

Year 5/6 I had my first introduction really with Scratch, which then moved on to Python in year 7-11. I started doing random small little projects whenever I saw fit or was interested in doing stuff (https://github.com/connbob/python-facebookapi for example). I've always been interested in computers as I was brought up around technology with my 2 brothers (4 years older than me) also going down the same sorts of routes (now Computer Science and Electrical Engineering with development courses respectively). My dad was also very heavily invested in all of the new technology, and hence when I was younger we were lucky enough to try out a lot of new tech, computers, and such. Since then, I've just taken it up as a hobby as well as studied it at school. I've written many random scripts to achieve niche tasks, probably my favourite from memory being a discord bot that could be used to call phone numbers, which was used to prank call tech support scammers.

I'm competent in quite a few languages, although there's plenty of space to learn and improve still. Those include Python, Lua, PHP, (barely) C#, and sadly due to a school requirement, Visual Basic. I've also got a decent amount of experience with UNIX and SQL, which are handy to have.

As for practice, it just comes with doing. I'll get an idea for a project, or a script, and I'll consider the ways to do it. That'll involve researching ideas, probably browsing StackOverflow for similar concepts, and then trying different solutions. I think this is the best practice, and it's much more beneficial doing than studying about a concept for a long time.

Hope that's detailed enough Smile
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • Link
(05-20-2020, 04:16 PM)Falc Wrote: How are you finding lockdown?

It’s been an interesting ride, that’s for sure. I’ve been keeping busy and sane by working on projects and talking to people, but it’ll be very nice to get out of lockdown and see people again. Drinking whilst talking over snapchat isn’t quite the same..
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

(05-20-2020, 04:27 PM)Ducktard Wrote: What's Bradley Walsh like in person?

Sound lad, reckon he thinks I’m the best chaser.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

have you got a nice watch
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
Opinion me me?
How are your cool cats?
How was your time on a certain other server?

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Hey, can you check out this suggestion for me?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.