Resignation
It's a shame, it has gotten to this, but today, I have decided to resign from position as a developer. During the owner swap I was asked by Divey if I wanted to come back and code for FL again. He was looking for a strong development base and he has gotten a strong team of developers (he still has, they are amazing at what they do).
My task in all this, has always been the recode of the gamemode. It was an idea back in January 2017 starting as recoding the broken parts of the gamemode. This was always more of a backend project which is why you almost never see me on the changelog. Now with the new development team and tools we had, we are looking into possibly remaking the entire gamemode from scratch (as announced by Divey). We started to discuss a lot about coding standards for this. The idea behind this was that everything follows standards to make the code easier to read and thus easier to maintain. The reasons we decided this was because CityRP has had many different developers over the time all with different coding standards and it is sometimes a pain to go through someone else's code. It feels like an entirely different language.
The dev team had some strong disagreements what kind of standard we should use. In my opinion, some have a better rationale than other. But it was alright, I could adapt to some of them (Darn Snow for using && instead of and <3). However, every time one of these changes were made, I could practically take everything I have done and remake it completely as it was not adhering to the new standard. That would have been fine if the standards would not change as often as they did. Practically every time someone had something to say about them, they were thrown overboard. It went from a standard to make the dev life easier to a standard to argue about the standard.
The last dicussion in particular was not one I was very fond of. It made no sense in my eyes and resulted in another huge change for an aspect of the gamemode just to have it changed. What initially started as a 'keep it simple' project was teared down to a 'lets implement X, Y and Z so that A and B take 5 seconds less to type and are thus easier to read'. It had no practical functionality and that is what really annoyed me. The team seemed to like the idea, however. The attitude about these changes are another thing (I was not a role model for this either), but it would eventually come down to me redoing things over and over to fit the new standards and it does not seem to stop anytime soon.
Incase you are wondering: Yes, this is a team project but so far the Lua code was done by me and so far it feels like I am the only one actively pushing out something for this to work. With the way things are going on recently, it becomes extremely frustrating and boils down to either a problem with the team or a problem with me. Either way, it would not be beneficial if I stayed in the team just to get annoyed again.

This covers the reasons pretty much. I do not want to insult or discredit anyone of the devs. I still think they can do amazing stuff, which I could only dream of, but I do not see this working out between me and the team. I wish them the best with whatever they continue to do and hope they can do well. I will not mingle in this whatsoever. If they have questions about the code, I will answer them. But I can only do that out of memory as I have removed all my local copies of the gamemode (asking me for one is useless).

I wish you the best,
Arkten

TL;DR I disagree too much and resign as to not slow down development.
Bye arkten Sad
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Sad to see you go Sad

Good luck mate
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

Goodbye buddy, I bet you did your best!

Best of luck!
Goodbye Arkten. You are a talented developer and it is a shame that Fearless gotta lose you again.
big rip Sad

atleast you got vet tags now
TLDR......
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
See ya!
Damn, best of luck in the future anyways!
Good luck in the future!