Poll: Should it be switched?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
40.00%
14 40.00%
No.
60.00%
21 60.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

V5P Discussion
Hi all, I recently posted a suggestion thread about switching from V5P to another smaller, condensed map. I realize it got denied because there's a vote, but I think V5P is honestly killing FL. A month ago on V4B1 the server would be full with a queue. Now we are lucky to hit 45 players peak. It's a problem. The map is way too big, no one can really do anything or find anything interesting going on because of this. I think it should be switched and altogether removed from the vote.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
To be fair if it wasn't for the server downtime and V5P I'd be playing right now

v5p is a good map but doesnt perform well for this community at all atm and i dont find it enjoyable as a map or for the game

Server should switch seasonally between v4b1 and v2d
[Image: Prerap6.png]
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
I say let the community decide via the map vote, as it's the best way to accurately get the player's opinions on the map they want to chose on.

Sure, it's not the greatest way of deciding but it's the best way that FL has found to work, and although many people may have their map choice losing due to a more popular map winning, that's part of the community deciding through democracy and that's just part of the process.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the current way maps are chosen or with V5P, although I understand the arguments I do not agree with them.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Joe Joe
Personally I've found it perfectly fine and when I compare it to v4b1 before, I actually think I've been involved in a lot more and seen a lot more happen on the server. v5p is a great map that the players wanted and seem to be enjoying, it really isn't that hard to find people.
I'd say less democracy, less opinions. More action. All these opinions and the willingness to listen to them is what is holding FL back at the moment. V5P is a good example.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Zona, Molyneux481
Every map got it's downsides. V4B1 has a terrible performance at high players, V5P is too big, Pinescity is a bit too much forest, V2D is old. People tend to like V2D and V4B1 because I primarily think that those maps shaped FL especially V2D from the very early day.
Ultimately, the map vote system is the fairest way to decide. However, maybe we can do more to ensure the map vote is definitely seen and used by everyone.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 2 users Like Tomo's post:
  • RedPanda, Edned
I don't agree with a change however, I would support v33x being added to the map vote for more diversity.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
The following 3 users Like RedPanda's post:
  • Kappatalist, Falcon, Jeffrey
If the map does get removed from the map vote, then there should be something added to it. Otherwise, it would be just V4B1 and V2D.
While V2D is nostalgic and doesn't lag as much as V4B1 the layout of the map is kinda bad compared to newer EvoCity maps. Also, it's a bit outdated as well.

Though finding a suitable replacement is kinda hard, but a thread to compile all map suggestions could help.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]