Ban Reason
Powergaming

Staff Member: Krusty

Involved users
Deadeye
Krusty
Kiro

Why should you be unbanned?
I should be unbanned because i was preparing a order for someone that got asked to me yesterday, i got online. Drove around a bit, started the order/supply and went on with my normal life by leaving the game. I was free the entire day so in that case we toughed i would just make this order when i woke up and had nothing to do.

I wanted to give the order later the day or at night, but unlucky i cant at the moment now.

Bought 90 coffee
Made 10 molotovs
Bought around 50 rifle ammo
Bought Kevlar
Bought 10 XM's
Bought around 50 med-kits
That is power gaming. Even if you have an order as to why you did this you still abused the job system by going each job giving yourself items and switching off. 

Do you have any thing else to add?
If its a order for someone it aint abusing the job right?

So you expect me to wait before someone becomes the job to sell it to me, when i sell it again?

There are no time limits on the job switches so why cant i?
If you accept an order and you do not have any of the items on the list yes. If you were a gun dealer whenever you received this order you can start preparing an order if you do not have the items but only the items from a gun dealer. You cannot switch between jobs to accomplish an order. That is power gaming.
So, when im done with gun dealer i need to wait 10 minuts to swap to chef?

Or i really need to wait, for someone to become a chef and sell me the last items? Might take a entire day before someone goes chef or something when there are 10 people online
and if i asks someone to go, it will be wrong to right? makes no sence
You are losing sight as to what the power gaming actually is. You agreed to a deal to sell items to a player without physically having the items on you. You then, to get these items, switch over job barriers to obtain the list of items you need to fulfill the request. This is abusing the job system. You cannot change jobs to obtain items. That is power gaming. It is just the same as switching to the job of Firefighter to extinguish a car and then changing jobs right off to something else. You abuse the job system to benefit you. I do not know where you are getting a time limit from. If your sole intention is to give yourself items a timer has no indication in this.

If you do not have anything else to add I am going to have this request concluded.
Think the opinions are really different on these cases, think this the example you showed thats totalllyy different what i did, what rp did i harm with a few players on online who were sitting afk orsomething? Where was i taking a advantage from? If i would wait a bit and then bought everything after the other job it would be fine?

How do you want me to make a order ready like that? How can we do that without breaking the rules? Or do we have to wait for someone to become the job?
(01-21-2020, 09:51 PM)pilip Wrote: Think the opinions are really different on these cases, think this the example you showed thats totalllyy different what i did, what rp did i harm with a few players on online who were sitting afk orsomething?

Opinions are not different on this. The example is not totally different. Because what rp would you harm with going fireman quickly to remove a fire? But it seems you would agree that doing that would be powergaming.

Where was i taking a advantage from?

You are taking advantage of the job system. You do not own the items and are switching between all merchant jobs to obtain all the items on your list to only pay market price for them.

If i would wait a bit and then bought everything after the other job it would be fine?

No. If your sole intent is to self supply it is not fine with waiting.

How do you want me to make a order ready like that?

By A. buying the items off another player. Or B. Not agreeing to sell items you do not own with the intent to go the jobs later

How can we do that without breaking the rules?

In this scenario, by buying off another player.

Or do we have to wait for someone to become the job?

In this scenario, yes
(01-21-2020, 10:08 PM)Krusty Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:51 PM)pilip Wrote: Think the opinions are really different on these cases, think this the example you showed thats totalllyy different what i did, what rp did i harm with a few players on online who were sitting afk orsomething?

Opinions are not different on this. The example is not totally different. Because what rp would you harm with going fireman quickly to remove a fire? But it seems you would agree that doing that would be powergaming.

Where was i taking a advantage from?

You are taking advantage of the job system. You do not own the items and are switching between all merchant jobs to obtain all the items on your list to only pay market price for them.

If i would wait a bit and then bought everything after the other job it would be fine?

No. If your sole intent is to self supply it is not fine with waiting.

How do you want me to make a order ready like that?

By A. buying the items off another player. Or B. Not agreeing to sell items you do not own with the intent to go the jobs later

How can we do that without breaking the rules?

In this scenario, by buying off another player.

Or do we have to wait for someone to become the job?

In this scenario, yes
I still stand with my point that your example has serious nothing to do with selfsupplying but i can see something far far away in it but he who am i to say right?!

Still stand with the fact that i didnt harm any rp of anyone, i will not wait a entire day for a person to change his job to make 100 coffee that he would refuse to make because it takes time? And then i will do around 5 days to collect my items?

If my friend is out of stuff i just cant get these stuff for him even if he pays a little over it? I still think i RP with it, there should be a timer on changing these jobs..
[quote pid='842219' dateline='1579638193']
You cannot switch between jobs to accomplish an order. That is power gaming.
[/quote]

Though the approach for this is contextual, the above statement can still considered to be true.

As an example to explain my case, say you were already participating in security roleplay, then you might think it is more fitting to change to the security guard job, this is perfectly fine. However if the president was in the process of being raided and you changed jobs solely to assist the raid, that would be powergaming.

The same principal can be applied here, you changed job only after the order was established, not prior. Though some staff members may allow certain cases, including this one, slide whilst others do not, I shall respect the trial admin’s initial decision and conclude this case.

If unsure in the future, for clarification I would recommend asking any staff online at the time if they would allow a certain scenario.
 Zecon
not an Administrator