Removal of Criminal Job
Absolute +support
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • pilip
This was already put in place in the past when rule changes were implemented, no?
Or was this completely neglected and forgotten about?

Quote:2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic, specific and accurately state what character you intend roleplay. (Do not set your job as 'classifed' for example). If you wish to roleplay as something considered inhuman then it must require admin permission, unless it is hidden from public view.

It would go without saying that job titles like "Criminal" are way too broad to pass by this rule, or am I reading too far into this specific rule?
Nonetheless I heavily support that people should be more specific when setting custom job titles, and troll job titles should also be taken into consideration in this.

+support
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(01-06-2020, 01:01 PM)Yonno Wrote: This was already put in place in the past when rule changes were implemented, no?

Quote:2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic, specific and accurately state what character you intend roleplay. (Do not set your job as 'classifed' for example). If you wish to roleplay as something considered inhuman then it must require admin permission, unless it is hidden from public view.

It would go without saying that job titles like "Criminal" are way too broad to pass by this rule, or am I reading too far into this specific rule?
Nonetheless I heavily support that people should be more specific when setting custom job titles, and troll job titles should also be taken into consideration in this.

+support

Criminal was removed from it recently because it wasn't working as intended.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-06-2020, 01:07 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 01:01 PM)Yonno Wrote: This was already put in place in the past when rule changes were implemented, no?

+support

A rule wasn't working as intended? Please clarify?
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(01-06-2020, 01:10 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 01:07 PM)Pollux Wrote:

+support

A rule wasn't working as intended? Please clarify?

I think iirc, people just done Thug or Insurgent as an alternative. Which came to the whole point of just let it back in til a solution is found sorta thing.
(01-06-2020, 12:07 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 10:17 AM)pjielip Wrote: -support

Then we all go a other job

Sorry I don't know if you are against this because you don't think it could be stopped or if you don't want it to be stopped. Clarifications would be nice. Because it can be stopped. I am suggesting a blanket of all vague titles similar to criminal.
English please
[Image: giphy.gif]
+Support
-support not again
The following 1 user Likes Basil's post:
  • pilip
input from frost the superadmin i think this should be a no no -support
The following 1 user Likes User 19014's post:
  • pilip
If we ban 'Criminal' again, people will find a workaround. They always will and always have. (Insurgent, Thug, trabbie gang, etc.) I do see where you are coming from, I just highly doubt that banning 'Criminal' or its variations will fix the issue. Furthermore, I'd rather see half of the players having 'Criminal' as their job, than everyone being member of some weird gang. However, I do also think that e.g. 'Criminal Miner' should be forbidden.

TLDR: I see the problem, I just don't think this would solve it. Neutral/-support
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
The following 2 users Like TASSIA's post:
  • pilip, Pollux