BMD discussion
There needs to be a genuine discussion about the Black Market Dealer. 

The argument for the BMD not being able to grow weed is that he should be selling goods, 
well, I would make the logical argument that BMD's should be unable to sell weed seeds
if he is not growing weed already by himself. 

The weed seeds should not be coming from the market at all, but rather the yield of the crop or be unlocked from the market after the BMD has successfully spawned in pots. 

It does not make sense for it to be at where it is currently; where the BMD can not spawn weed at all, but can still sell seeds and pots from the market. That is illogical
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Kappatalist
How is it illogical with the current system? By preventing them from using weed seeds, the only thing we're doing is stopping people from breaking the rules on self-supplying. If we took off the block, then people will just start getting blacklisted for it again instead which isn't ideal. If you want it to change, you need to start with the self-supply rule because that's why we've banned them from using seeds in the first place.

With your suggested system, how would people get the seeds in the first place?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Let the BMDs grow weed and contraband
(01-06-2020, 01:57 AM)Pollux Wrote: How is it illogical with the current system? By preventing them from using weed seeds, the only thing we're doing is stopping people from breaking the rules on self-supplying. If we took off the block, then people will just start getting blacklisted for it again instead which isn't ideal. If you want it to change, you need to start with the self-supply rule because that's why we've banned them from using seeds in the first place.

With your suggested system, how would people get the seeds in the first place?

It is illogical because it doesn't make sense for a criminal to be selling weed seeds and pots but not be able to grow his own weed. The rule on self-supplying that prevents the BMD from growing weed is arbitrary and should inherently not be counted; the weed seeds are 25$ a piece, it is insanity to be blacklisting a BMD for spawning weed seeds for his own pots and counting it as self-supplying, that is not the purpose and misses the point. The self-supplying rule is to prevent powergaming where you switch jobs to get what you want and switch back after. This is not that type of situation.

"how would people get the seeds in the first place?" - For example the BMD would be able to spawn 5 weed seeds every five minutes, however if he is growing weed he can spawn 5 every 20 seconds. The BMD is getting the seeds from the crop - that makes sense.

I argue that the BMD should only be able to sell weed seeds; if he is growing weed himself.

Do you see the logic in that? 
Visit my profile here.
The following 3 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, konsta,
(01-06-2020, 02:37 AM)Zombie Wrote: Let the BMDs grow weed and contraband

That is a different discussion
Visit my profile here.
Is there no response to this at all?
Visit my profile here.
My ideas for BMD/weed:

1. Make it so BMD no longer sells weed and pots, make the NPC who buys weed also sell pots and seeds.

2. Make it so BMDs are the only jobs that can sell weed to the NPC. With this addition the purpose of BMD will be to buy other peoples weed and sell it to the NPC for profit. The way to regulate people changing jobs to sell weed and switching is have the NPC buy weed for different prices and the prices change, lets say, every 10 minutes randomly. So as a BMD you buy weed and check the NPC to see when you can get a good rate for weed. (NPCs like this already exist in PERP servers; they buy different drugs in a random order so you have to keep checking the dealer)

This isn't on the top of my list of amazing ideas and I definitely could see issues with these fixes. but tell me what you think Smile
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
(01-17-2020, 02:22 PM)ryan! Wrote: My ideas for BMD/weed:

1. Make it so BMD no longer sells weed and pots, make the NPC who buys weed also sell pots and seeds.

2. Make it so BMDs are the only jobs that can sell weed to the NPC. With this addition the purpose of BMD will be to buy other peoples weed and sell it to the NPC for profit. The way to regulate people changing jobs to sell weed and switching is have the NPC buy weed for different prices and the prices change, lets say, every 10 minutes randomly. So as a BMD you buy weed and check the NPC to see when you can get a good rate for weed. (NPCs like this already exist in PERP servers; they buy different drugs in a random order so you have to keep checking the dealer)

This isn't on the top of my list of amazing ideas and I definitely could see issues with these fixes. but tell me what you think Smile

I don't agree with the first point.  However your second idea sounds really interesting.

By making the BMD a middle-man to the weed trade, it would definitely increase exposure to other players.

My only suggestion would be to allow people to sell to the NPC if no BMD is online.  Otherwise everyone will have to wait.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!