Content size
With the recent changes it seems the community is open for some change. 
There needs to be a serious discussion about the content size and what can be done to reduce it. 

Why?

Because the first time download speed is crucial for gaining new players, the less time you use to download the content the more percentage of people who join the server stays on the loading screen long enough for the content to download. 

Lowering content size in a few areas will also increase performance. An example is swapping high polygon models for lower ones.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
For a new player to download the content as of today it takes 40 minutes with a normal internet connection.
Visit my profile here.
One way is to create an addon so people can download the content when they are spawned. So you can only keep the most important content while joining. 

Only negative point about this is lag spikes when you spawn and errors everywhere for a few minutes.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]

The following 1 user Likes Mr. Flaminator's post:
  • Tails59
(01-01-2020, 05:28 PM)Midget Wrote: For a new player to download the content as of today it takes 40 minutes with a normal internet connection.

It took me around 10-15 minutes with about 30Mbps to download all the content
We know about content size and are already working to reduce it. I'm also re-creating the official workshop collection to only download things you 100% need.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
As Pollux stated, we're actively working on this since branching out on to the DarkRP section.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 2 users Like Divey's post:
  • ryan!, Idea
(01-01-2020, 05:56 PM)Tails59 Wrote: It took me around 10-15 minutes with about 30Mbps to download all the content

I used an 8mbps download speed. 

Well I can only hope you guys got it covered, this development team has a good track record so I don't doubt you. I hope to be updated !  
Visit my profile here.
(01-01-2020, 07:47 PM)Midget Wrote: I used an 8mbps download speed.

I'm sorry for your suffering

Although I do agree there is room for decreasing the content size
The following 1 user Likes Tails59's post:
  • Haarek
(01-01-2020, 08:03 PM)Tails59 Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 07:47 PM)Midget Wrote: I used an 8mbps download speed.

I'm sorry for your suffering

Although I do agree there is room for decreasing the content size

Thanks, unfortunately I think there is a big potential playerbase that is also suffering; if you catch my drift.
Visit my profile here.
Not the greatest in the development department. But wouldn't combining similar jobs be a route that you could take to minimize content? Like remove fire fighter and paramedic and combine them to first responders? Or remove all merchant jobs and have an underground dealer and a merchant? I don't know the maximum effect this would have but it would do at least something right? I feel like models are typically the biggest pain in the ass for loading in. Maybe remove the least used vehicles and weapons as well?