Becoming Vegetarian
I went on a vegetarian diet for a month around April time and after a week or so I felt like shit every day. I guess it's not for me.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Panda's post:
  •
I don’t really get the point, out of the five family members I have who have been vegetarian/vegan, all of them stopped eventually due to feeling like shit, having no energy, and being sick.

Each to their own however.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

I was vegetarian for about 2 years, didn't go veggie for any specific reason other than at the time most of my friends where veggies. I stopped going veggie almost 3 years ago now, because I simply felt I was becoming more a burden on family members as they'd cook me a separate meal everyday. I believe its a healthier diet overall, and certainly has internal health benefits, however a lot people assume that its something to do to lose weight, which if you're doing it for that you'll be unsuccessful.

I'd most likely go veggie again when I move out, however I feel as if its simply become another thing for people to brag about how "good" they are and use it to sit on a high horse above everyone else.
The following 2 users Like Ranger's post:
  • pilip,
I don’t get the point of it. Enjoying a meal is a quality of life. I’d rather die 10 years earlier than a vegetarian instead of living life worrying about what’s okay to eat. You can eat meat and still be athletic and healthy. Say whatever you want about vegetables but meat is better. I have never met anyone in my entire life who doesn’t like meat. Also don’t get why you would quit eating meat for enviromental purposes. The world isn’t gonna go under because people eat meat. Bet all you veggies drive a petrol-based car to work which is much worse than enjoying a steak. Ditch the car instead if you truly care about the enviroment, or get a Tesla Smile

Also if you’re a vegan and you come to my house and expect to get fed you better bring a lunchbox full of salad cause I aint cooking shit for you.
The following 1 user Likes RaZZ's post:
  • Lewwings
Fair points, very fair points.

I believe that it's important to have a balanced diet, like mix around with both meat and vegetables as much as possible. To be honest, a good steak beats everything hahaha
The following 1 user Likes Kevin's post:
  • RaZZ
How has your skin reacted to a plant based diet? Is it better, and more blemish free, than before?
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(12-18-2019, 04:56 AM)Razz Wrote: The world isn’t gonna go under because people eat meat.

ironic considering how much of the Amazon is currently under threat as a consequence of cattle raising and ranching due to demands for meat and consequent (possible) links to climate change and all that jazz
https://wwf.panda.org/knowledge_hub/wher..._ranching/

love meat as much as the next dude ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), i think generally we maybe have to reduce our consumption somewhat
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
(12-18-2019, 11:38 AM)Link Wrote: How has your skin reacted to a plant based diet? Is it better, and more blemish free, than before?

I have not tried a fully plant-based diet.

I find it quite amazing that there's like proper hamburgers etc that are vegetarian/vegan and taste just like a proper hamburger. I saw some points here where people were speaking about the quality of vegetarian food... I can only tell good stuff, it's a lot about time and budget as well.
At the end of the day its each persons personal preference. Even though people try to go green cows may have a huge impact on global warming but then your average car isn't helping either, neither your clothes. In some respects its selective conservationism. I eat what I like and try not to think about the effects. Sadly most of what I eat Im not meant to due to my condition but choose to ignore that fact. Eat what you enjoy I say but if you wish to be vegetarian thats a you thing.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  •
If the world is gonna go down because of me eating meat, then let it burn and everyone in it. 

Spoiler: Nothing can stop me from eating the best things in the world.

The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • RaZZ