New hardware and software
[Image: development.png]

We (Arny and I) are going to perform maintenance at our server the upcoming days. We've been using our server for 2 years now. Although it's still a very powerful machine, we're going to upgrade it to a server with an I9 processor. Since Gmod is not running on multiple cores, you'll need this power. We've also got some problems with the current server, so this is a good opportunity anyway.

The specs will be:

Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Octa-Core
incl. Hyper-Threading Technology
RAM: 64 GB DDR4
Hard drive: 2 x 1 TB NVMe SSD
(software RAID 1)
Connection: 1 GBit/s port

It will be hosted in Germany instead of France.

Except for the new hardware, we're trying to make a smooth switch, without any downtime.  We're also going to improve the way development works. We're going to use a more advanced system, which allows developers and contributors to monitor changes easier and make commitments. Due to security reasons I can not say which protocol, but you can probably guess.

Also our server panel will run on new software (can't mention name either), which makes it easier for admins to control the servers. Also the Gmod server will automatically update at restart. This means that when I am unavailable, someone else can easily update the server, reducing downtime.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Yay!!!

EDIT:

[Image: XcN7ZjE.png]

First one is the current dedicated CPU, second is the one they're setting up now and third is our development server's CPU. This should have a massive boost in server-side performance (This is one of the best CPUs you can get for a gmod server, our development one has a higher overall score but isn't as powerful in single-thread things like gmod).
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Nice!!
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
Das ist sehr gut!
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 7 users Like Conn's post:
  • Seifenspende, Nephew, SoulRipper, RoCKy, Alphaverse, , Denn1s
Beautiful stuff good to see thanks guys!
Excellent way to start off the progress.
Great job on making this decision, especially at this pace.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Joe Joe
Better ping i like
Yes, this is great
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
Great decision Soul, good job to the both of you!
Finally Smile
Kind Regards,
Nephew
Fearless Donator