Fearless problems + solutions
I agree, it baffles me how the community seems to argue that the reason why the community is falling apart is because of a map or lack of content being released.

For a well couple of years, when the community was still prospering, "big" updates were rarely released and rather small tweaks were.. and now the content has changed drastically in just a few years and things I never thought would come to FL is here.. so my guess is just that people have gotten greedy and thinks content is the solution, whilst there have been such an inflation of content - yet it hasn't really affected the popularity of FL.

Same goes with the maps changes. For christ sakes, stop changing and keep it to a map that's big enough to drive around and build, but still keeps players interacting with each other. Why do we even need yachts? Utterly useless are they in this gamemode.

Couldn't agree more with the statement about clans.. there needs to be more conflict and interaction between clans, it's what makes it interesting and worth putting time in, knowing that it may end if you don't do well enough or put enough time into it. The days when taking hostage of another clan member and mutilate him/her would warrant a legitimate war was what made it worth preparing for such occasions as well as actually thinking it through before doing it. It opened possibilities, which yes would be aggressive.. but also could potentially open up passive events out of it. Friction is what makes things prosper, not dull rules or clan officers being afraid of a potentially mad clan leader - that would just die out after 2 weeks when they create another clan, within the restrictions of their defeat of course.

I'm not sure what could be done, for time has passed way too much beyond odd choices. But maybe start looking at the old ways a bit more, rather than try and to be "hip".
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 8 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Pollux, Jonas, konsta, Grape, Lewwings, Joe Joe, Spartan_KCT, Wolven
Really agree with the clan and map stuff, good points!
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-28-2019, 05:29 PM)Floodify Wrote: I agree, it baffles me how the community seems to argue that the reason why the community is falling apart is because of a map or lack of content being released.

For a well couple of years, when the community was still prospering, "big" updates were rarely released and rather small tweaks were.. and now the content has changed drastically in just a few years and things I never thought would come to FL is here.. so my guess is just that people have gotten greedy and thinks content is the solution, whilst there have been such an inflation of content - yet it hasn't really affected the popularity of FL.

Same goes with the maps changes. For christ sakes, stop changing and keep it to a map that's big enough to drive around and build, but still keeps players interacting with each other. Why do we even need yachts? Utterly useless are they in this gamemode.

Couldn't agree more with the statement about clans.. there needs to be more conflict and interaction between clans, it's what makes it interesting and worth putting time in, knowing that it may end if you don't do well enough or put enough time into it. The days when taking hostage of another clan member and mutilate him/her would warrant a legitimate war was what made it worth preparing for such occasions as well as actually thinking it through before doing it. It opened possibilities, which yes would be aggressive.. but also could potentially open up passive events out of it. Friction is what makes things prosper, not dull rules or clan officers being afraid of a potentially mad clan leader - that would just die out after 2 weeks when they create another clan, within the restrictions of their defeat of course.

I'm not sure what could be done, for time has passed way too much beyond odd choices. But maybe start looking at the old ways a bit more, rather than try and to be "hip".
I suppose it depends which years you're talking about, but you have to remember, this community is extremely old now, and yes I agree that there likely wasn't a HUGE need for new content/new updates a few years ago, back when FL was essentially the leader of it's gamemode style, however now, in 2019, we are not in that position anymore. We're competing against servers that are clearly spending a lot of money on development, and it appears to be working because they continually have about 5x the playerbase FL currently has on. Content is a big part of it imo.

(Agree completely with the stuff about clans though)
(11-28-2019, 07:58 PM)Sparx Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 05:29 PM)Floodify Wrote: I agree, it baffles me how the community seems to argue that the reason why the community is falling apart is because of a map or lack of content being released.

I suppose it depends which years you're talking about, but you have to remember, this community is extremely old now, and yes I agree that there likely wasn't a HUGE need for new content/new updates a few years ago, back when FL was essentially the leader of it's gamemode style, however now, in 2019, we are not in that position anymore. We're competing against servers that are clearly spending a lot of money on development, and it appears to be working because they continually have about 5x the playerbase FL currently has on. Content is a big part of it imo.

We weren't even the best in terms of content back then, not even close. It's because people didn't need or even want content back then as players could do their own things. It wasn't content that made the server back then, it was the players. Nowadays people have suddenly shifted to relying on content for them to have stuff to do instead of players and we can't keep up with that.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-28-2019, 08:05 PM)Pollux Wrote:

We weren't even the best in terms of content back then, not even close. It's because people didn't need or even want content back then as players could do their own things. It wasn't content that made the server back then, it was the players. Nowadays people have suddenly shifted to relying on content for them to have stuff to do instead of players and we can't keep up with that.

I understand that the dev team can't keep up with that, however, I've been playing on fearless since 2014 and I can confirm that your statement is true back then we did not rely on the content and we did our own thing. But after all this time playing on the server, we simply run out of ideas and we end up doing the same things over and over. That's why we require more content to spice things up a little bit.
(11-28-2019, 08:05 PM)Pollux Wrote:

That is beautifully explained. Thank you!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Pollux
Mission-style tutorials to keep players interested the first few hours. Give them a free truck to test out deliveries for a few mins, then remove it afterwards etc. Theres a lot more to try out when you dont have to spent 10x your starting money on something you may or may not enjoy.
The following 1 user Likes Tails59's post:
  • Lewwings
Thank you for the positive & constructive reactions everyone. Had a word with several staff members and as you can also see by the replies on this thread several issues are being discussed in the staff office, hopefully we’ll get to see the results asap.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Lewwings
I want to take this opportunity, Jan, to stress the importance of putting FearlessRP in the darkRP section. 
I have argued this case before and I will include arguments I have previously written: 

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Quote: Wrote:"You expect to get what you 'buy', in this case, you expect to play DarkRP when you join a server in the DarkRP section."

This would be a good analogy if it wasn't for the fact that when you buy something you check the label first. 
Not only does the server name label the server as "semi-serious RP" but the loading screen explains the whole gamemode. 
Nobody would go through all of that information and still say "Hey! I was expecting an unserious darkRP server!". 

Spoiler :

Quote: Wrote:"And the difference in taste is clear as day. As X said, it's scummy to lie to potential newcomers/customers. And with that, you attract more minges that expect a very unserious RP experience, and if they might feel like they've been lied to, they could just go about and fuck around in the server since they didn't get what they expected."

You are basing this argument on an assumption. Does it seem likely that a big percentage of people would act in this manner? Of course there will an influx of players breaking the rules, but that would be mainly due to the increased population. We have a staff team that must adapt accordingly. They have done that since 2008. 

Spoiler :

Quote: Wrote:"CityRP does not cater to DarkRP, and I hope that is clear as day to you. You've been here since 2011, so you should know this. I know all of this is subjective, but come on. Let's not lie to ourselves just to gain an increase from DarkRPers. It'd be a shame to see FL turn into a shitfest from DarkRPers."

When I joined in 2011 I came from 1000 hours of DarkRP. I found the server back when we only had the legacy browser. I never knew Fearless existed up until that point and I would never have known about it if I didn't randomly join a roleplay gamemode.
This "shitfest of DarkRPers" you are talking about are potential people that bring value to the community, new personalities and a full server. Your bias against DarkRP is nothing more than prejudice as it is entirely a different way to roleplay. It doesn't mean people will act the same and not take the gamemode seriously.

[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • ryan!, Spartan_KCT
I'd like to add in on the staff changes.

... put in applications.
Get rid of biased staff that is good friends with x-player and eventually another rotten apple gets into the bunch.
The following 2 users Like Mist's post:
  • Grape, RaZZ