Poll: Should developers receive some sort of payment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
51.92%
27 51.92%
No
23.08%
12 23.08%
Yes ( but only ingame stuff )
25.00%
13 25.00%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Developers getting payed
It got brought up a lot in the recent community meeting and I have to say it doesn't sound too bad. Most of the community members seemed to like the idea so I decided to make this thread in order to see exactly how many people want this to happen. Of course, for such a thing to be implemented SoulRipper would have to agree to that, but for now, let's see what the community wants.
Discuss!
The following 3 users Like Dimitris's post:
  • Luna, Pollux, Wolven
I don't see how this would be possible. Limelight did the same thing and it ended up being a one time salary and then they never got any money again. Maybe it could be different on here, but I doubt it.
I want to get paid by the hour for my play time in the server
The following 3 users Like konsta's post:
  • sebasti161, DreeBott, Alertecobra27
That's so nice of you to offer to pay the wages of the Dev team from your own pocket.

Please note though, you'll need to sort out tax for each Dev (and the community if it's being run as a business by employing people), otherwise you could find yourself being heavily fined or imprisoned (just as an FYI).

But yeah, I have no issues at all with Dimitris paying each Dev a wage.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Devs would not be employed by fearless, as it is not a business legally. They would be paid on a commission basis, for each update they would get paid a certain amount, based on how large the update is, the time frame and the amount of effort put into it. I doubt the amount would be large enough to be even taxable (at least in the UK).
The following 2 users Like Ranger's post:
  • Dimitris, Mist
Neutral
Yes, I think it would be a great idea.

As long as they are told what are good gamemode suggestions and they get paid for them. Yes but I would expect updates to come out quicker.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Dimitris
Let's be honest, in game items is the only thing soul would do.

If he decides to pay them per update (real cash) I'll support that. If not, then a bit of money in game per update released?
Wolven

Yes but only as more of a reward than a salary. So instead of us getting paid and told what to work on, it should just be at the end of some projects (bigger ones) we maybe get something as a reward? What we get would depend on the size of the update. Either actual money or even just ingame is fine imo, but I know other devs would prefer actual money and if that's on the table why not?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-26-2019, 12:51 AM)Pollux Wrote: Yes but only as more of a reward than a salary. So instead of us getting paid and told what to work on, it should just be at the end of some projects (bigger ones) we maybe get something as a reward? What we get would depend on the size of the update. Either actual money or even just ingame is fine imo, but I know other devs would prefer actual money and if that's on the table why not?

Yes of course it would have to be something more of a reward for many reasons.