Mining Statistics
Brick 
Mining
I've done some tests regarding the mining system to see how profitable it is. 

Rules I had when I did this test.

1. I only mined ores with "Good" condition.
2. When ever I smelted the ores I did it only when the furnace was full.

When I did the test it was around 02:23 (CET) about 2hours I think before the restart. 
My game crashed 1 time and the server restarted. But I actively mined and smelted ores for 2 hours.
Results
The total amount of money I made in about 2 hours was
74,432$

Making the hourly rate 37,216$
This was also while documenting everything I got etc. I think the hourly rate can be higher than I calculated.
This is a lot of money for being a low risk high reward task.

Whilst contraband + weed (5 pots) gives you 21,200$ every hour.
This is not much comparing to mining. I think contra should be high risk high reward but it's more high risk low reward comparing to mining.

Here is the sheet if you want to see all stats i collected.
The following 3 users Like HundraProcent's post:
  • Jessixa, rino, Seifenspende
damn mining is op, i started mining 3 hours before i got banned and i made 100k so quick.
[Image: gn3iiwj]
The following 1 user Likes Julern's post:
  • Seifenspende
is this a complaint
tbh I think mining is perfect the way it is, there is a lot of running about with it especially if you are actively doing stuff while it's melting, you also have to account that it is completely randomized how many ores you get from each run, if anything I think more should be done with contra.
Mining is fine, it takes alot of time and you get a good fair amount of money considering the time you take, 

I agree with fudge on the contraband, I stayed up alot with him and I wouldnt even make 50k even if I was on till about  7-9 am, so contraband needs a buff but mining does not.

Also look at this, if you mine 200 ores, it takes a couple hours, then the smelting is even longer. You clearly havent mined enough to realise how long and much you actually have to do to get them. I must also say that the ores you get are randomized, its not like you are guranteed 5 gold per smelt, sometimes you get 1,2 or 4. 

So I don't understand why you're complaining about it.
Maybe contraband should be buffed to account the cost of Kevlar, guns and ammo added onto the current price or something because it is only worth doing contraband if you have fun which is why some people may cop bait
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Julern
I made 770K in like literally 24 hours of work in total. With contras and before the mining nerf, think should be nerfed a bit more and contras buffed, or better; add some fucking new juicy contras. It's getting old. even though I have to say, the mining update is great. Really something I was looking for!
I'm not complaining, just putting my stats out about mining. I just think contra should be buffed or mining nerfed considering that contra is high risk low reward comparing to mining.
Saying the contraband must be buffed instead of the mining decreased shows a flawed view on basic economic principles and a very egocentric approach to the problem.

You are destroying the remaining economy by buffing everything, this is especially true since all the market prices are constant.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Seifenspende
(11-28-2019, 03:42 PM)Midget Wrote: Saying the contraband must be buffed instead of the mining decreased shows a flawed view on basic economic principles and a very egocentric approach to the problem.

You are destroying the remaining economy by buffing everything, this is especially true since all the market prices are constant.

I'm trying to say that both systems needs to be tweaked. Currently mining gives you much more than contrabanding. Mining is legal and you don't need to risk being raided by the police or criminals. While contrabanding is illegal and has the risk of being raided and losing everything. Contra should be high risk high reward. Mining could be nerfed below the contra earnings and the contra rate is the same. There are many ways to approach this problem, but how is the question.
Long story short I just think that contra should make more than mining since contrabanding has risks while mining doesn't.