Poppies
There are many different poppies now worn for Remembrance, and new controversies emerging regarding some of them. What poppy do you choose to wear, if any, and why?

Last year I wore both the red and white poppies, however I’ve decided to go for the white poppy this year. I want to remember the (possibly, but sadly necessary) sacrifices made in wars such as WW1 and 2, however in today’s society and climate, I believe that killing is extremely unnecessary and dangerous to the stability of the world. I also feel as if there has been too much pressure forced upon people to wear the red poppy, and that it could possibly be a device used to rally support for the armed forces nowadays. 

Please keep it respectful, even if someone has a different opinion to you Smile
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • Chad
The red poppy, should be worn at all times, with or without pressure.

Your family, our peers as a country lots of people made huge sacrifices and thats one way to show respect.

If any of us died, im pretty sure we would want respect being shown, thats how i see it.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 3 users Like don's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW, Conn, CorieTheNub
I have never heard of anyone wearing a poppy in my life and ive never seen someone wear it either.
(11-05-2019, 11:07 PM)Conn Wrote: There are many different poppies now worn for Remembrance, and new controversies emerging regarding some of them. What poppy do you choose to wear, if any, and why?

Last year I wore both the red and white poppies, however I’ve decided to go for the white poppy this year. I want to remember the (possibly, but sadly necessary) sacrifices made in wars such as WW1 and 2, however in today’s society and climate, I believe that killing is extremely unnecessary and dangerous to the stability of the world. I also feel as if there has been too much pressure forced upon people to wear the red poppy, and that it could possibly be a device used to rally support for the armed forces nowadays. 

Please keep it respectful, even if someone has a different opinion to you Smile
Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war

I've known war and conflict for as long as I can remember Conn, and unfortunately killing is sometimes extremely necessary to bring stability to communities, districts and an entire nation. The UK is no exception, a raid on a compound in Pakistan by British forces can prevent a catastrophe in London and lead to a discovery of invaluable intel that can save lives.

You don't have to wear a poppy Conn, but I strongly suggest for everyone else to wear a poppy, a fallen soldier who moved the dominos may have saved your or a loved one's life. It's such a small deed that gives incomprehensible significance to someone who may have had a good friend or a relative who fell, and of course respect to the fallen men and women of the armed forces and civilian victims of terrorism.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Conn
(11-05-2019, 11:50 PM)Razz Wrote: I have never heard of anyone wearing a poppy in my life and ive never seen someone wear it either.

Its mainly a british thing to respect the service men and women that have died fighting for this country. I usually wear a pin badge red poppy.

I don't feel forced into wearing one at all, I decided to wear one every year after my step-grandad told me the stories of him fighting the Japanese in Burma.
The following 3 users Like Ranger's post:
  • Conn, , Chad
Red Poppy. A symbol of all people. We don't need any multi colored or other colored shit. Everyone falls under one category; Human.
The following 3 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Conn, SpaghettiFTW,
personally we should have red, but people have chose this as an opportunity to slate gay people, and it's been over snapchat as more a rant to all gay people and how they should 'die' which is vile. just stay red
The following 1 user Likes JONATHANPOO's post:
  • Conn
Poppies are in this world to represent the sad loses in the wars, now tell me. Why would someone bring LGBT into such a sad moment in they friends and families lives. Bringing in a rainbow flower. Like come on now

https://gyazo.com/bbb2d6804efe5180c20ee6a6a222fe42
The following 1 user Likes Flame..'s post:
  • Conn
Important to recognise the past so we are not doomed to repeat it,
I usually wear a small poppy to work:
https://imgur.com/a/vWnRWPV
The following 2 users Like Forgee's post:
  • Conn,
wearing a flower pin is pretty gay no matter what color so no need to yell at the rainbow people