BanID: 82794

Ban Reason
Scamming and NLR Breakage

Staff Member: Jonas

Involved users
MonkeyDust, Oliver

Why should you be unbanned?
Hello Fearless,

So these past couple of days I’ve been considering what I’ve done to deserve this ban. At the time, me and Monkey had a settlement on 10k for 25 placed pots, I found this steep however he explained how it was for profitable purposes.

I took that as a reason however when I arrived there, Oliver told me that he was ripping me off and that they could’ve been sold to me for about 7.5k.

I then paid him 7.5k instead and got angry to me about the other 2.5k that I still owe him. As I was placing the pots away, he seemed to of not say anything and just stared at me doing it.

I was confused however later on I realise this and try to negotiate to him why I paid him 7.5k however he just said the only reason for the 10k was for business reasons and to add on he was being quite rude to me in fact OOC so I just gave up on him and called it a day.

It does look quite steep the ban length just for the smallest amount of money that couldn’t make a difference to him to be fair, we could’ve negotiated a better deal however he just used it as a business reason.

I paid the 7.5k so that it could be fair on both the customer and the marketer.

I’ve always supported the marketing that Monkey did when I was on and he made some pretty good deals such as 10k for 80 placed pots, that to me made more sense than it did for the 25 placed pots.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
Hello Lt.Jeff.

As I mentioned in the sit, no matter the amount that you scam for; it is still considered scamming. You both agreed to $10.000,-. You can not just change this because you don't like the price. You blocked him (as far as I am aware) after he was attempting to contact you about this. I also haven't heard any of this "I was confused however, later on, I realise this and try to negotiate to him why I paid him 7.5k". I never heard that once in the sit, why are you bringing that up now? You didn't say that at all in the @sit.

The ban length is a lenient one considering it is a scamming ban and with your amount of hours/experience. You also forgot about the blatantly breaking NLR part. You should know all of this, and I am pretty sure you are aware that you broke the rules. I should really deny this unban request as per unban rule 4, give me a good reason not to.

Thanks.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
(10-23-2019, 03:40 PM)Jonas Wrote: Hello Lt.Jeff.

As I mentioned in the sit, no matter the amount that you scam for; it is still considered scamming. You both agreed to $10.000,-. You can not just change this because you don't like the price. You blocked him (as far as I am aware) after he was attempting to contact you about this. I also haven't heard any of this "I was confused however, later on, I realise this and try to negotiate to him why I paid him 7.5k". I never heard that once in the sit, why are you bringing that up now? You didn't say that at all in the @sit.

The ban length is a lenient one considering it is a scamming ban and with your amount of hours/experience. You also forgot about the blatantly breaking NLR part. You should know all of this, and I am pretty sure you are aware that you broke the rules. I should really deny this unban request as per unban rule 4, give me a good reason not to.

Thanks.

'You blocked him (as far as I am aware) after he was attempting to contact you about this.'

He contacted me about how I pissed him off over 2.5k, and also mentioned how apparently if I was to apologize he would get me unbanned which is not possible from the person who accused me of breaking the rules in the first place. He was saying about how I was being manipulative in the situation, but all that really happened was that I didn't pay 2.5k and that he shouldn't get so mad. Instead, I think he should've acted more professional. I blocked him later on the day as I didn't want him sending me messages of any hate towards me.

'I also haven't heard any of this "I was confused however, later on, I realize this and try to negotiate to him why I paid him 7.5k".'

What I'm talking about is that in the sit, I mentioned how I muted him for a situation that occurred on Mainstreet. He even mentioned this when he said that I said ''He looks angry at me'', this is because I was confused because he was not speaking at the time of the meetup because I muted him back at Pearl Plaza for mic-spamming. 

I can't exactly remember if I told you that I tried negotiating at Main street, however it is ringing a bell kinda. I have no evidence of me trying to negotiate and him being rude towards me in OOC through his microphone as honestly, I wanted to deal with this more professionally and calm him down but then I eventually gave up. 

'You also forgot about the blatantly breaking NLR part.'

I didn't forget, he recorded me breaking NLR so why would I want to contest against it? This UBR is specifically aimed towards the whole "Scamming" situation however I did include the 'NLR Breakage' in the ban reason for requirement purposes.

Okay. You, however, missed some of the important things, I will put them again as I would like to hear your response.

"As I mentioned in the sit, no matter the amount that you scam for; it is still considered scamming. You both agreed to $10.000,-. You can not just change this because you don't like the price."

"You should know all of this, and I am pretty sure you are aware that you broke the rules. I should really deny this unban request as per unban rule 4, give me a good reason not to."

I would like for you to respond to these two things.

Thanks.
(10-23-2019, 05:08 PM)Jonas Wrote: Okay. You, however, missed some of the important things, I will put them again as I would like to hear your response.

"As I mentioned in the sit, no matter the amount that you scam for; it is still considered scamming. You both agreed to $10.000,-. You can not just change this because you don't like the price."

"You should know all of this, and I am pretty sure you are aware that you broke the rules. I should really deny this unban request as per unban rule 4, give me a good reason not to."

Thanks.

As mentioned, I had him muted due to an incident on Mainstreet. I forgot to unmute him, and he was just staring at me during the deal. As I started taking the pots, he was gone with my 7.5k so I thought he agreed on that price to begin with. It was a miscommunication between us, he still had the option to give me the money back and ask for more or keep his pots. I then find him at slums when I found out that he was muted, so I unmuted him and started speaking to him then. He didn't ask for the 2.5k when I was trying to negotiate why I paid the 7.5k.

I'm aware that I've broken the NLR rule, but the "Scamming" is the point that I am protesting. I am not aware at all that I scammed, that's why I'm contesting it.
(10-23-2019, 06:25 PM)Lt. Jeff Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 05:08 PM)Jonas Wrote: Okay. You, however, missed some of the important things, I will put them again as I would like to hear your response.

Thanks.

As mentioned, I had him muted due to an incident on Mainstreet. I forgot to unmute him, and he was just staring at me during the deal. As I started taking the pots, he was gone with my 7.5k so I thought he agreed on that price to begin with. It was a miscommunication between us, he still had the option to give me the money back and ask for more or keep his pots. I then find him at slums when I found out that he was muted, so I unmuted him and started speaking to him then. He didn't ask for the 2.5k when I was trying to negotiate why I paid the 7.5k.

I'm aware that I've broken the NLR rule, but the "Scamming" is the point that I am protesting. I am not aware at all that I scammed, that's why I'm contesting it.

Thats extremely strange due to the fact that during sit you completely understood everything, that was going. You also agreed to the ban, thats why Jonas gave you a pretty lenient ban.

Lying in the courthouse is against the rules, and due to the fact that two admins witnessed this, you will be receiving a forum ban too. If you wish to post further, get someone else to write your response.
Denied.

You were fully aware of the rule breakage, thus I am denying this UBR as per UBR rule 4. I hope that when you return, you learn from your mistake.

Thanks.