VCmod
What are your thoughts on VCmod? 

- What is it's affect on performance?

- Is the content worth the download time?

- Is there features that should be unchecked on default?

- What are your thoughts on the cars before VCmod was added? 

- Can it be removed entirely?

There aren't any wrong answers here. Lets discuss!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I don’t see any performance decrease from it personally, and it is 100% worth it, much better than the old old system. Maybe photon is better, but I’ve not tried it
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

Photon was better imo

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(10-15-2019, 05:53 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Photon was better imo

Please elaborate
Visit my profile here.
Both Photon and VCMod (and any other system adding lights for vehicles) have an impact on performance.
This sadly is something we can't really go around as vehicle lights are one of the essential systems of FL.

I assume the content of VCMod is not too big, so I wouldn't say these extra seconds of download time aren't worth it.

Do you mean before the VCMod Damage System was added, or the VCMod Lighting System?

Without lights, cars would be quite boring, especially at night (back when we had StormFox).
Also, pursuits without ELS and sirens wouldn't be the same.

The damage system added more detail to cars, you can survive many crashes you would have died in before.
Also, it adds more detail to the mechanic job, I don't really see a reason to revert this system.

In the end, FL needs a vehicle lighting system, so we need either Photon or VCMod.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
(10-19-2019, 04:25 PM)TASSIA Wrote: Both Photon and VCMod (and any other system adding lights for vehicles) have an impact on performance.
This sadly is something we can't really go around as vehicle lights are one of the essential systems of FL.

I assume the content of VCMod is not too big, so I wouldn't say these extra seconds of download time aren't worth it.

Do you mean before the VCMod Damage System was added, or the VCMod Lighting System?

Without lights, cars would be quite boring, especially at night (back when we had StormFox).

Also, pursuits without ELS and sirens wouldn't be the same.  <-- I agree 

The damage system added more detail to cars, you can survive many crashes you would have died in before.
Also, it adds more detail to the mechanic job, I don't really see a reason to revert this system.

In the end, FL needs a vehicle lighting system, so we need either Photon or VCMod.

Indeed you raise valid points for it's existence. 

My thoughts lay in the most controversial topic of removing the system all-together. The implications of which I am not entirely aware and interested in discussing.

We can both agree that the lighting system is not the cause of interested players, it is a mere feature that is supposed to increase immersion and quality of gameplay. However, when something becomes extremely complicated it draws away from the pure purpose of the game-mechanic. The complicated nature and effects of the mod schisms with the value of simplicity. 

Do you agree? 

There is more I would like to bring forth but I will spare us the walls of text and take it gradually after your responses. 
Visit my profile here.