Fearless Survey
Seeing a lot of controversy with this new survey. Let this thread be a place to discuss and share your views on certain subjects. Please try to stay on topic and not fire shots and insults at each other.
Couple of questions on there which were common sense and not needed, but either way I hope the staff take this on board and I'm happy to see the community as a whole want the absolute best for FL. Please fix aggRP!!!!!
The following 2 users Like god's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Julern
(10-02-2019, 09:51 PM)dob Wrote: Couple of questions on there which were common sense and not needed, but either way I hope the staff take this on board and I'm happy to see the community as a whole want the absolute best for FL. Please fix aggRP!!!!!

Not the staff, Soulripper needs to take this on board.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 5 users Like Yonno's post:
  • don, CorieTheNub, Lewwings, Dimitris, Mist
One of the biggest points is about a ban wipe. I think a ban wipe is a good idea. 1. It will bring back old players who have served a long ban period. 2. It will encourge more staff to be more active. 3. Players who are unbanned will be warned.

I was thinking of ways it could happen. Maybe have a unban period. So most recent perm-bans are not wiped but bans from idk pre-2019 are? If there is a ban wipe made currently, the server would be a mess. So the admin team would need to step up and take charge. We need a more dedicated staff team. The team atm is weak. The ammount of inactivity is insane. I log in and I will see the same names every time. This people have hearts next to their names. Some admins, not mentioning any, will come on and do nothing or spawn a large dupe casuing lower end pc players to leave due to FPS issues and then just leave the server. Promote the players who have stuck by FL even when there is 10 people on.
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Julern
My current opinion as it stands is that:
1) We need a strong and active leadership who can lead the dev and admin teams - this is key in order to progress in any way, and I think that we're lacking it more than ever.
2) More transparency should be considered with the community. I personally feel like community input is the best way to gauge what is best to happen for the community - I've certainly learned a lot and considered many new viewpoints since reading the many threads that we've had. Community meetings, regular discussions, and stuff like that would be brilliant.
I'd also personally find it beneficial to see what players want with certain updates I'd like to work on, as at the end of the day, the player is the end user, and so within reason, player suggestions and input is key.
3) Admin policing does definitely need to be looked at, judging by people's comments. It's certainly a stressful job, and people don't help if they aren't descriptive, but the servers have all too often become a shitfest even with admins on - I've seen it myself.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 6 users Like Conn's post:
  • CorieTheNub, don, Lewwings, Soviethooves, Bobby, Mist
(10-02-2019, 09:53 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 09:51 PM)dob Wrote: Quote

Not the staff, Soulripper needs to take this on board.

The community have voiced their opinions and recommandions for years. Soul has distanced himself from the community. Admins have faded away. People grow up and lives move on. But don't have people in the staff team that have busy and heavily structured lives
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • don
(10-02-2019, 09:54 PM)Conn Wrote: My current opinion as it stands is that:
1) We need a strong and active leadership who can lead the dev and admin teams - this is key in order to progress in any way, and I think that we're lacking it more than ever.
2) More transparency should be considered with the community. I personally feel like community input is the best way to gauge what is best to happen for the community - I've certainly learned a lot and considered many new viewpoints since reading the many threads that we've had. Community meetings, regular discussions, and stuff like that would be brilliant.
I'd also personally find it beneficial to see what players want with certain updates I'd like to work on, as at the end of the day, the player is the end user, and so within reason, player suggestions and input is key.
3) Admin policing does definitely need to be looked at, judging by people's comments. It's certainly a stressful job, and people don't help if they aren't descriptive, but the servers have all too often become a shitfest even with admins on - I've seen it myself.

I respect your second point, but the problem was souls lack of motivation and it passed down, it will be a step by step process to get this back and only Soul can do it, he has to light the fire, and keep the ball rolling.

The community is your best friend in times like this but it has never been used so i think its time to use the community as you wont have it if this carries on.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • CorieTheNub
(10-02-2019, 09:59 PM)perqe Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 09:54 PM)Conn Wrote: My current opinion as it stands is that:

I respect your second point, but the problem was souls lack of motivation and it passed down, it will be a step by step process to get this back and only Soul can do it, he has to light the fire, and keep the ball rolling.

The community is your best friend in times like this but it has never been used so i think its time to use the community as you wont have it if this carries on.

I have to agree with you. The players and ex-players know what is wrong with the community - and I think this is moreso than a lot of the team who maybe aren't as active and don't see every side of the coin. I really hope the survey yields some big results, and that we see some improvement from there, but it requires someone who will be hands-on to get to a position where we can have transparency and a more community-friendly outlook.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

(10-02-2019, 09:54 PM)Conn Wrote: 1) We need a strong and active leadership who can lead the dev and admin teams - this is key in order to progress in any way, and I think that we're lacking it more than ever.

I agree. the leadership team and strucure needs to be redesigned.

Quote:2) More transparency should be considered with the community. I personally feel like community input is the best way to gauge what is best to happen for the community - I've certainly learned a lot and considered many new viewpoints since reading the many threads that we've had. Community meetings, regular discussions, and stuff like that would be brilliant. I'd also personally find it beneficial to see what players want with certain updates I'd like to work on, as at the end of the day, the player is the end user, and so within reason, player suggestions and input is key.

The players make the community. i hope that this survey will open souls eyes. I am also hoping he shares what has been submited. So we as community can see what needs changing.

Quote:3) Admin policing does definitely need to be looked at, judging by people's comments. It's certainly a stressful job, and people don't help if they aren't descriptive, but the servers have all too often become a shitfest even with admins on - I've seen it myself.

Admins are players too, and I agree that they should be allowed to come on and just play. But they signed up to a job. I would understand if there is 75 players on and only 2 admins. Must be quite stressful with all the @ calls. But when there is 20-30 players and a couple admins and maybe the odd TA and mod. It shouldnt be too hard to police.
(10-02-2019, 10:03 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Admins are players too, and I agree that they should be allowed to come on and just play. But they signed up to a job. I would understand if there is 75 players on and only 2 admins. Must be quite stressful with all the @ calls. But when there is 20-30 players and a couple admins and maybe the odd TA and mod. It shouldnt be too hard to police.

I do totally agree with you, and it's hard to find a fair balance. That's what mods are great for as they are essentially proving themselves in that they can moderate a server well.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • CorieTheNub