Fearless Survey
(10-04-2019, 01:04 PM)LordOfMemory Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 07:41 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:29 AM)Yonno Wrote: Ban wipe is not going to do much. If people want to be unbanned they can write an unban request, many of the long ago bans have recently been lifted and people have been given another chance. Those who show interest and effort into trying to come back, will be able to come back.

The only reason why people currently active in the community support this, is to clean their record and have a clean slate.

A ban record is a record for a reason, it shows what someone has done wrong in the past so administration can decide on a more fitting punishment for a specific player. It should not be removed.

You are wrong, rules change over the years. People have bans on their records for ridiculous reasons that no admin would ever ban for nowadays. ( E.x doubledooring )

I still see no reason to have bans removed. If people wanted to have a clean slate they should've thought of that in the beginning. If a reason for a ban is ridicilous, a current ,good(!), admin won't take it into consideration at your next ban, right?

No. Admins won't go through and each one of your bans they will simply say you have a lot of bans. People change many joined when they were young got themselves a lot of bans or even got permed and now they have changed why not give the ones that are here a chance of having a clean record and others return. I literally see no downside to this, it worked once and it will again.
Is there any actual evidence of it working other than you saying it will? Without evidence the concept literally is to unban people who had a reason to be banned. Not to mention the “rules have changed” doesn’t really apply due to the fact that those people still broke rules during that time. It’s the same reasoning IRL if a law changes those arrested under it are not released.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
(10-04-2019, 02:20 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: Is there any actual evidence of it working other than you saying it will? Without evidence the concept literally is to unban people who had a reason to be banned. Not to mention the “rules have changed” doesn’t really apply due to the fact that those people still broke rules during that time. It’s the same reasoning IRL if a law changes those arrested under it are not released.

Be careful what you say they might just pull the "It's just a GarrysMod community" card when they see fit

/s
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • ryan!, Soviethooves
(10-04-2019, 02:25 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 02:20 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: Is there any actual evidence of it working other than you saying it will? Without evidence the concept literally is to unban people who had a reason to be banned. Not to mention the “rules have changed” doesn’t really apply due to the fact that those people still broke rules during that time. It’s the same reasoning IRL if a law changes those arrested under it are not released.

Be careful what you say they might just pull the "It's just a GarrysMod community" card when they see fit

/s

But that card is pulled in suggestions, so fuck it it will be pulled when fit.

If you believe that people deserved to be banned for a long time, or permanently then i personally believe you're a sad bitter person.

If you dont believe people change overtime, then you're living in a shed, a very lonely one.

The fact you wont accept players back, just shows who you are as a person, if you was in their situation i guarantee it would be different, its a game let them play it.

They might not come back, they might come back and play and become a good member, or just minge again, if they blatantly minge just perm them on the spot it isnt hard.

Just a quick question how would you change fearless, this goes for anyone who is against the unban, i see and understand your points, but answer me one question please what other ideas do you have.

The development is slow, so that this wont be enough to make players come back no big enough updates to do this. I dunno why everyone is against it when no one has any better ideas because everything has been tried and hasnt worked just killed the server even more.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW
(10-04-2019, 03:18 PM)perqe Wrote:

/s

If you believe that people deserved to be banned for a long time, or permanently then i personally believe you're a sad bitter person.

If you dont believe people change overtime, then you're living in a shed, a very lonely one.

The fact you wont accept players back, just shows who you are as a person, if you was in their situation i guarantee it would be different, its a game let them play it.

They might not come back, they might come back and play and become a good member, or just minge again, if they blatantly minge just perm them on the spot it isnt hard.

Just a quick question how would you change fearless, this goes for anyone who is against the unban, i see and understand your points, but answer me one question please what other ideas do you have.

The development is slow, so that this wont be enough to make players come back no big enough updates to do this. I dunno why everyone is against it when no one has any better ideas because everything has been tried and hasnt worked just killed the server even more.

I think you completely missed my initial argument regarding this topic so let me go back 1 page and copy and paste it for you:

Quote:Ban wipe is not going to do much. If people want to be unbanned they can write an unban request, many of the long ago bans have recently been lifted and people have been given another chance. Those who show interest and effort into trying to come back, will be able to come back.

The only reason why people currently active in the community support this, is to clean their record and have a clean slate.

A ban record is a record for a reason, it shows what someone has done wrong in the past so administration can decide on a more fitting punishment for a specific player. It should not be removed.

Nowhere did I state people need to stay banned, nowhere did I state that I don't believe people change over time, please don't throw around random, false accusations.
Regards,

(10-04-2019, 03:27 PM)Yonno Wrote:

/s

I think you completely missed my initial argument regarding this topic so let me go back 1 page and copy and paste it for you:

Quote:Ban wipe is not going to do much. If people want to be unbanned they can write an unban request, many of the long ago bans have recently been lifted and people have been given another chance. Those who show interest and effort into trying to come back, will be able to come back.

Nowhere did I state people need to stay banned, nowhere did I state that I don't believe people change over time, please don't throw around random, false accusations.

They're not i was relaying a question maybe you didnt understand.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(10-04-2019, 03:27 PM)Yonno Wrote:

/s

Then why do you not support the ban wipe? ( Please do not bring up that stupid argument about staff all hard work going in the trash the staffs work doesn't mean shit if the server is dead. )
(10-04-2019, 06:36 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Then why do you not support the ban wipe? ( Please do not bring up that stupid argument about staff all hard work going in the trash the staffs work doesn't mean shit if the server is dead. )

Quote:A ban record is a record for a reason, it shows what someone has done wrong in the past so administration can decide on a more fitting punishment for a specific player. It should not be removed.
Regards,

The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Soviethooves
(10-04-2019, 06:43 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 06:36 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Then why do you not support the ban wipe? ( Please do not bring up that stupid argument about staff all hard work going in the trash the staffs work doesn't mean shit if the server is dead. )

Quote:A ban record is a record for a reason, it shows what someone has done wrong in the past so administration can decide on a more fitting punishment for a specific player. It should not be removed.

People change, rules have changed, a ban wipe will bring people back and it will also give others a chance to to do more things as they wont be held back by their record. I however can fully see where you are coming from but I still think that a ban wipe at this current state will do more good than harm. I respect your opinion and I do not expect to change your mind, I hope you can also see my points.
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Yonno
Rules and people may change, but they still broke the rules. Again, just like IRL, you can’t just have your arrest or criminal record wiped unless the court approves due to an issue.

If people want to come back, they need to put the effort into putting the unban request in.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]