Fearless Survey
(10-04-2019, 06:48 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 06:43 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 06:36 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Then why do you not support the ban wipe? ( Please do not bring up that stupid argument about staff all hard work going in the trash the staffs work doesn't mean shit if the server is dead. )

Quote:A ban record is a record for a reason, it shows what someone has done wrong in the past so administration can decide on a more fitting punishment for a specific player. It should not be removed.

People change, rules have changed, a ban wipe will bring people back and it will also give others a chance to to do more things as they wont be held back by their record. I however can fully see where you are coming from but I still think that a ban wipe at this current state will do more good than harm. I respect your opinion and I do not expect to change your mind, I hope you can also see my points.

Record does not hold people back. Attitude does. I mean look at Sparx for example. He had 12 bans and 38 blacklists and he was a Super Admin. So a ban wipe in my eyes does not hold people back and I truthfully do not think we should take that route. However, if we want to take a road similar to this, I wouldnt be against removing permanent bans as well as last chances that people are on. This would provide more flexability to players who are not permed but also doesnt completely clean slate them as well as bring back people who have perms for too many bans or others. This would obviously exclude any ToS level bans, but would make a difference in my opinion similar to what you are looking for.
(10-04-2019, 06:58 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 06:48 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 06:43 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 06:36 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Then why do you not support the ban wipe? ( Please do not bring up that stupid argument about staff all hard work going in the trash the staffs work doesn't mean shit if the server is dead. )

Quote:A ban record is a record for a reason, it shows what someone has done wrong in the past so administration can decide on a more fitting punishment for a specific player. It should not be removed.

People change, rules have changed, a ban wipe will bring people back and it will also give others a chance to to do more things as they wont be held back by their record. I however can fully see where you are coming from but I still think that a ban wipe at this current state will do more good than harm. I respect your opinion and I do not expect to change your mind, I hope you can also see my points.

Record does not hold people back. Attitude does. I mean look at Sparx for example. He had 12 bans and 38 blacklists and he was a Super Admin. So a ban wipe in my eyes does not hold people back and I truthfully do not think we should take that route. However, if we want to take a road similar to this, I wouldnt be against removing permanent bans as well as last chances that people are on. This would provide more flexability to players who are not permed but also doesnt completely clean slate them as well as bring back people who have perms for too many bans or others. This would obviously exclude any ToS level bans, but would make a difference in my opinion similar to what you are looking for.

As I said I respect everyone's opinion however I will still stand by mine. Wiping the bans record seems like a good step for me. As I've said we have nothing to lose if we try, it worked last time and it will most likely work again.
(10-03-2019, 08:40 AM)*// Bacunt Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 07:08 AM)Kappatalist Wrote: Wiping the inventory and that will only result in people leaving, they've been there and done that. They wont go farm contraband for hours on end, they'll leave the server.

If I was told my BMW along with my other shit worth millions and the thousands of hours I spent getting there would be wiped, I'd be fucking pissed and find a different server.

Inventory wipe is a no go, definently

At least FL can agree on something
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(10-04-2019, 07:05 PM)Dimitris Wrote: As I said I respect everyone's opinion however I will still stand by mine. Wiping the bans record seems like a good step for me. As I've said we have nothing to lose if we try, it worked last time and it will most likely work again.

There was not any positive noticeable change on the population after the ban wipe last time. Especially long term.
Visit my profile here.
(10-04-2019, 07:25 PM)Midget Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 07:05 PM)Dimitris Wrote: As I said I respect everyone's opinion however I will still stand by mine. Wiping the bans record seems like a good step for me. As I've said we have nothing to lose if we try, it worked last time and it will most likely work again.

There was not any positive noticeable change on the population after the ban wipe last time. Especially long term.

I was there I have friends that were there and admins at the time and they can confirm themselves that it did have a big change in the population, stop lying.
(10-04-2019, 07:45 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

I was there I have friends that were there and admins at the time and they can confirm themselves that it did have a big change in the population, stop lying.

X_x X_x  Good thing there's a democracy on FL and not a communist regime led by Dimitris. There's a difference between sudden high numbers after a ban wipe and a steady player base. There wasn't a a positive change in the population long term so what makes you think it will fix the problem this time?
Visit my profile here.
Finally
(10-04-2019, 10:08 PM)Midget Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 07:45 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

X_x X_x  Good thing there's a democracy on FL and not a communist regime led by Dimitris. There's a difference between sudden high numbers after a ban wipe and a steady player base. There wasn't a a positive change in the population long term so what makes you think it will fix the problem this time?

I dont see why everyone is so aggro, its something to try its like you either have something against banned players or just dont want to try.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Dimitris
Ban wipe has been tried before and nothing good came of it, end of story.

Don’t need to do it again.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Yonno, MasterNoda
(10-06-2019, 09:07 AM)Falc Wrote: Ban wipe has been tried before and nothing good came of it, end of story.

Don’t need to do it again.

There was a lot of good that came out of it, numbers went up people came back and stayed on the server, I think we should try it again.