Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(09-29-2019, 10:17 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:09 PM)Yonno Wrote: Still waiting for milestones and daily login rewards, stimulating players to keep playing and keep coming back.
That got denied. It's not.coming
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...Milestones
Accepted
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(09-29-2019, 10:09 PM)Yonno Wrote: Still waiting for milestones and daily login rewards, stimulating players to keep playing and keep coming back.

I approved it while I was developer, it's still approved.

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=87909
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I believe I first saw this happening a few months ago and didn't think much of it, but the extremely low and consistent player counts are making it clear that indeed something has to be done.

I feel that throughout time the roleplay has become more and more serious along with unappealing to newer players.

As a newer player you're never given an incentive to continue playing, and the low player counts don't help as it makes it more difficult to gain friends or become integrated into the community, you're never given an actual reason to keep playing other than the social network you create, which is barely possible nowadays.

The server may have PassiveRP in its name, but I've seen a drop in either originality or general interest in it as a whole.

Along with this, the developers are actively making it more difficult for newer players to even get started.

With the integration of VCMod some weird ass repair system has been created just like how it was decided toolboxes should be nerfed but still have the same price.

It's starting to feel more and more like a DarkRP server, even introducing practically pay to win mechanics such as medkit spamming. Talking about medkit spamming, wasn't there a thread accepted to fix it that's years old now?

Written on Mobile so please excuse poor formatting. Also I'm dirt stupid so if I'm wrong please educate me

EDIT: thanks for the gold kind stranger! this got lost in the quotes I'm pretty sure, rip
(01-26-2019, 02:11 AM)ryan! Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 01:27 AM)Agorith Wrote: So what's all the fuzz I hear about a new map releasing

Yeah it comes out next week!

(09-29-2019, 10:19 PM)Conn Wrote:
Accepted

(09-29-2019, 10:25 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Nope and nope, Soul stated he didn't like the idea and never continued. There IS a reason it's not on the servers lmao.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Cygnus
(09-29-2019, 10:28 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
Accepted

Nope and nope, Soul stated he didn't like the idea and never continued. There IS  a reason it's not on the servers lmao.

If it wasn't ever going to happen it wouldn't be in approved.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-29-2019, 10:30 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:28 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 02:11 AM)ryan! Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 01:27 AM)Agorith Wrote: So what's all the fuzz I hear about a new map releasing

Yeah it comes out next week!

Accepted

Nope and nope, Soul stated he didn't like the idea and never continued. There IS  a reason it's not on the servers lmao.

If it wasn't ever going to happen it wouldn't be in approved.
Alright big man, you CLEARLY know more than me

(09-29-2019, 09:57 PM)Conn Wrote: 2) Playercounts rise when there is a buzz of a new feature, map, etc, except there's no real roadmap planned out for updates that could attract a lot of attention, therefore this is a bit hit and miss.

3) Some people are extremely toxic on the forums/in game and personally I think it makes the community look quite unappealing, as well as it pushes some people away.

Bigger updates - plan out a roadmap as conn said - give something for players to build up hype for and which will get players playing - why not do monthly events which will change some things with the server - a good example of this is limelights card system, it gives players something to work towards and brings a change to the server where it will change the focus - Why not add special items which take a long time and process to get to for example? why not add time limited things and add things which will change the game style.

Spoiler :
But lets spice things up.

If we hit the goal this month. We'll open ourselves up to unbanning a butt tonne of people.

There are some limitations on this. If you've hacked/scripted/DDoS'd/Doxed, or along those lines. We really don't want you here, obviously, you didn't want to be here either.

If you can follow the rules. We want you back, we want you to be able to play with your friends and look forward to a great winter!

Over the past few weeks, I've been diving deep into our ban records, and mistakes have clearly been made.

So, if you want to come back, help us meet the goal, or break it, and come back to the server with everything half price by doubling the goal.

Then we'll open the flood gates to appeals; We'll let you make your alternate forum accounts, and appeal your bans and let you back into the world of Reborn Altis.

We'll polish our hammers, and use them right. We all make mistakes, lets mend them together.

Notes!

HOLD YOUR IFRITS, jeez, we're not even at the goal yet and you're ready to go....

If you make an alternate forum account, just add the link to the original account in the appeal, we can merge them together.
Don't make alt accounts until the goal is met, we do have legitimate reasons for this!
If you are unbanned, please remember respect goes both ways, we hope you follow the rules!

So, Why are we doing this?

We want players to be able to play with their friends, and the server to be active for roleplay, fights, robberies, chases, etc, but also, our goal meets the needs of the SERVERS, not the needs of licensing, and temporary (or cloud) hardware that we sometimes need to instigate, while our donation history may look grand, a lot has been put into the community.

^^ Taken of a arma 3 server i play on - do something like that - I really feel that the effect of unbanning people who have been banned coming on the server JUST to minge is over exxagerated - if they wanted to come back they would have to apply for unban but it would be ez for example.

More passive ways of making money, im sure you can think of hundreds of these, weve been sitting in contraband bases since 2008 - nothings changed.

More criminal ways of making money - again, weve been sitting in contrabases since 2008 - its pretty boring and just makes the server 100x more boring since your just sitting afk, make people have to do stuff like rob stores, add systems where people can hire criminals, rob banks etc.

Reward people who play lots and are good people on the community, theres way too much toxicity.

More mini-events gets people into roleplay and gets people playing the server, these can be set up by anyone really.

Reward people who roleplay more, rpp's aren't given out that much and ive seen some great roleplays be ignored, and the typical player will walk in chat some shit and then run back out.

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...886&page=3
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=91108
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=91571

Theres 100 more I can list but I feel these cover the main aspects of the server right now.

They should add a discord channel or something where we can suggest things and if a majority of the active community agrees we can see what is being done about it etc.

//Might update later. Sorry for the lack of any sort of english and it is probably unreadable, im rushing this since I need to sleep.
The following 2 users Like SpaghettiFTW's post:
  • Conn, Cygnus
A roadmap has been asked for a lot and the reason behind there not being one is pretty much the same. It's impossible to give a timeframe for tasks as the Development team is doing everything in their own free time. I think it's better we don't have a roadmap, having one just adds pressure onto the dev team and may also result in disappointment if stuff takes a while or if something is cancelled.

While I am against a release roadmap, I do think more transparency is needed with Development. It's hard to balance this though.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
You cannot say that there aren't enough updates coming out.
We are a rather small development team and developing updates is a very time-consuming process.

The past few months we've gotten a new map, a vehicle system overhaul, more stuff to the fireman job,
a new forum theme, many performance increasing patches and a lot of work is done in the background.

You cannot really say that there aren't enough updates.
Of course, the more the better, but keep in mind that we (developers and contributors) do have a real-life aswell.
We cannot dedicate 24 hours a day into developing for FL.

Anyways, even if a big update comes out, players are attracted to it for like two days, until they are bored again.
The problem is not solely the development.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
The following 4 users Like TASSIA's post:
  • Luna, Alphaverse, Pollux, Wolven
(09-29-2019, 10:43 PM)TASSIA Wrote: Anyways, even if a big update comes out, players are attracted to it for like two days, until they are bored again.
The problem is not solely the development.

I hate to break it to you, but if a "big" update comes out and people get attracted to it, use the feature for a couple of days and they get bored of it, then the idea and development are solely the problem.