No Clan Activity
This is something that I have had an issue with for a good while now. And honestly, I feel it is about time that it gets addressed in the fullest. Our current clan system is set up so poorly and there is no effort to alleviate it.

As of right now, there are 3 clans that are posted on the forums. This is the lowest amount I have personally ever seen on the forums. I am going to go into why I think this is the case, what issues are present that need to be fixed, and how to fix these issues and rejuvenate the clan scene which I personally feel like is one of the most important features on Fearless in the way of the overall impact on the community. 

1. The split of clans and groups

This is something I have spoken to staff about in the past and is still an issue that removes the engagement between groups. Whenever you split up "clans" and "groups" into two different categories, you are making the interaction between the two immediately more difficult. The reason for this is because the two have two different standards and as of right now a clan that interacts with a group have to go into a different style of interaction. I am not suggesting clans be able to do whatever they want to groups at their own will, but giving one a type of buffer just removes the will for one to work with the other. What was told in the past was that groups are made so that you can be in numerous different groups without the need to committing to just one. This is a simple solution in which if a leader does not mind you going and joining other groups/clans then there is no issue, but if a leader does not want that, then just don't join that particular group. This is how it was beforehand and there were no issues at all with that system before. 

The solution to this is simple in my opinion. Make clans and groups go together. Make them all groups and set a base ruleset for all. If certain groups do not want to do anything with violence, create rules that cover that in the ways of making settlements a solution. A group should not be forced to war because the other side refuses everything or makes unrealistic requests. Clan officers would then be more involved in the clan scene as someone who mediates between groups and can come to fair agreements between two groups if both are not reaching agreements. Like I said above if a leader of a group does not want you to join other clans look elsewhere if a group does not mind you joining other groups as well, then there is no reason why they should be forced into only one roleplay instead of doing what they want. The point of this is to create loyalty inside of groups and give people who have been here a long time to still have a purpose on the server once they hit a wall where there is nothing else to do on the servers.

2. No reward/benefit for making a clan

As of right now, there is no benefit to creating a clan. You have to first and foremost spend 100k to create the clan before you can do anything, you then have to prove yourself to the staff team that you are an active clan, a clan that roleplays well, and shows you follow the rules. After that what do you receive? A skin and an official forum that is very underwhelming at best? And to add to that you can easily just make a steam group that would do all of the same without the need of official. We cannot expect people to enter a dead space and spend that much money to really receive no value for it other than a possibility to obtain a skin what staffs discretion.

The first thing we need to do is remove the 100k amount to create a clan. Instead of this, have them instead, a group must create a forum page that then would be linked to the group on the server thus having all groups logged and shown on the forums. This also will increase activity on the forums which as of right now does not have much interest at all. After we change this, provide more incentives for groups to work for. Something as simple as skins was a huge addition. Why not give something as simple as a territory to which a clan would properly own? This would not impact the general player base, as they would still have access to this said area for whatever they want to do, but if another clan would wish to use this area, you would have to interact with the clan who holds ownership of it. This building or section of the map would be bought from the clan officer, and if someone comes and wants to take that area with official status, they can then buy this area off the other group or even rent of them. Something as simple as this would immediately create more roleplay between groups. Other ideas a custom clan job spot on the server would be a simple solution so you do not need to sit at citizen pay and be separated from the citizen class would be an easy, nice addition for official clans. Ideas are limitless and most provide very little work to be added.

3. Bullying of smaller clans

This has been an issue for a while and truly deteriorates most people of creating clans. We have had a consistent presence of clans who only truly want to get into wars with other clans so they can partake in huge battles on the servers. They do not even get a chance to build themselves into anything because a big clan forces them to shut down before anything starts. I am not saying all cases are like this, some truly deserve going to war against, but this is something I have noticed and truly believe impacts the current numbers of clans that are active.

This just simply needs better regulation. With what I said in the first section as the clan officer as a mediator or even official groups electing officers to a committee with the clan officer. You can create a small group who decides on what is to happen whenever there is conflict. A committee of the clan officer and elected official clan might be stretch for some of you, but it gives more reason to achieve and maintain official status.

4. Undefined requirements to receive official status

This is something I have been preaching for a long time now and I have never received anything close to an answer as to why we do not have base requirements. We are not in a time anymore where we have 2 pages of clans that are all active that you can see a definitive difference between what a good clan looks like compared to a bad clan. Why can we not simply make base requirements for a clan to receive official status? If we do clans now know what to do to and what to strive for and it no longer is a "maybe I will get it someday."

JUST MAKE REQUIREMENTS. You need _____ amount of people in your group. You need to be _____ active on the server/forum. You need to maintain ____ amount of activity to keep status. The current state is horrible. There is no way of knowing when or even if you will ever get official status. Because it honestly just feels like a crab shoot as to who gets official as of right now and that is how it has been for a good while now. Create requirements. Once requirements are met, they get status. If they do not maintain requirements remove it. Simple. It does not create any more work than a clan officer should be doing already.

Go ahead and give me your thoughts on this. Tell me what you agree or disagree with. If you disagree please at least explain as to why you disagree. I have been in the clan scene for a very long time, have had numerous official clans, and truly believe this is all very easy to fix and will make a huge impact on the clan scene and make it a lot better.
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Conn, Lewwings, SpaghettiFTW, Dimitris
post a suggestion if you want change, i can agree though
(09-25-2019, 12:13 PM)richieb Wrote: post a suggestion if you want change, i can agree though

It's not a suggestion. It's a discussion
The following 5 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Conn, Grizzly, Haarek, Lewwings, Dimitris
oh shit is futz back
There's no incentive to run a clan really, clan-based content is quite sparse from what I've seen, and I'm sure there's plenty that could be built upon.
A clan bank would be nice, with different abilities such as being used to fund weapon and ammunition, etc, and personally I'd be all for sitting down with clans to see what could benefit RP that a developer could accomplish.
Incentives are key though.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

game shit brah
I agree with this
(09-25-2019, 12:30 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 12:13 PM)richieb Wrote: post a suggestion if you want change, i can agree though

It's not a suggestion. It's a discussion

cool dont care xx
Server is dead, I put suggestions in AGES ago to improve this which got approved by both, SA's, Admin team AND development team. I see sweet fuck all of any of them being added.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Dimitris
Contraband update = more aggRP players formed = players coming together = clans made = CLAN WAR BBY
The following 3 users Like god's post:
  • Grizzly, Dimitris, Pollux