GameStop Employee AMA
Ask me all your dirty questions about GameStop. I can't reveal everything, but I'll answer to the best of my ability. 

I like working for the company and have a really good team with me, but I see the constant negative views of GameStop usually led by misled YouTube channels and general misguidance of their business model.

Plz don't flame. I'm here to educate and hopefully clear up why GameStop do wut it do.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
Can I dive in your dumpster?
The following 1 user Likes User 21796's post:
  • Soviethooves
(09-24-2019, 04:50 PM)Pat Wrote: Can I dive in your dumpster?

Listen chief, here in the US at least, GameStop's have to destroy everything before it goes in the garbage because dumpster divers who left it completely messy and posted it all over the internet ruined it for the rest of us. If you want to dive in your local GameStop's dumpster, just ask beforehand and leave it better than you found it. Most of the time at my store we have the stuff to dump but haven't destroyed it yet in the back. So if you do end up wanting possible free stuff, just ask.

If you don't ask and get caught, get prepped for a police call.
Opinion on me?
How long have you worked at GameStop?
Why did you decide to make your AMA GameStop-themed?
How was LL?
Any plans for the future (besides your police stuff)?
What got you into posing GMod ragdolls and making epic pictures out of them?
Why did you change your name from Soviethooves to Gungranny?
Do you think GMod is dying, in a roleplay sense?
Do you think GMod is dying, in a multiplayer sense?
What is your profile picture?
Have I asked you enough questions yet?
Did you know I spent 4 minutes on thinking up, typing, and posting these questions?
What do you think of AMAs in general, fun trend or dead meme?

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Soviethooves
(09-24-2019, 05:24 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Opinion on me?
Little stinker
How long have you worked at GameStop?
1.5 Years
Why did you decide to make your AMA GameStop-themed?
Shitty Trend plus I mentioned it in the Fifa thread and was like fuck it
How was LL?
*Is. It's good so far. Don't play a lot of Gmod outside of scenebuilds now. Been playing Gears 5 and Control.
Any plans for the future (besides your police stuff)?
I went to a career fair and found out I might be able to snatch a job with the DEA until I consider myself in a good physical shape to be a special agent. Until I get into law enforcement I'll be with GameStop.
What got you into posing GMod ragdolls and making epic pictures out of them?
I like buildin shit and thought it was pretty neat seeing the little worlds people made.
Why did you change your name from Soviethooves to Gungranny?
It was actually originally Gungranny. I first used it on Runescape cuz I couldn't think of a name. It became Soviethooves when I was a brony in like 2013. I was on a Ruski high (idk y fuk them commies) and liked mlp so it just was smashed together.
Do you think GMod is dying, in a roleplay sense?
Nah, just not a lot of good choices.
Do you think GMod is dying, in a multiplayer sense?
Nah. It's held 30-40,000 players for the last 6ish years. It ain't going anywhere.
What is your profile picture?
Some granny with a fukin gun i found on google a few years back in like 2012.
Have I asked you enough questions yet?
Idk man this is a free fukin country YEE YEE
Did you know I spent 4 minutes on thinking up, typing, and posting these questions?
Could've masturbated
What do you think of AMAs in general, fun trend or dead meme?
Shit meme
The following 2 users Like Soviethooves's post:
  • Lewwings, User 21796
Realistically how many years do you think Gamestop has before it liquidates
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Soviethooves
(09-24-2019, 06:21 PM)Forgee Wrote: Realistically how many years do you think Gamestop has before it liquidates

It's hard to judge, but at the minimum, I'd say 5 years.

I put in a few factors to this:

1. That 200 stores shutting down thing isn't actually the full investor report. What was failed to be mentioned was that GameStop has been shutting down 200 stores the past few years. And those stores were underperforming or just too close to each other since when they got EB Games, they didn't shut down any of the stores.

2. New CEO has made a lot of HUGE changes and is running a lot of new test stores in Texas near GS's HQ. They seem to be going well so far, and now they're seriously sponsoring Esports and even helping in training new and old teams.

Realistically, GS isn't going anywhere and is merely finally changing its business plan. We will still hopefully be keeping physical games as digital isn't killing us as much as people think, but our collectible and accessories choices will be expanded on. My store is actually getting more PC accessories and bigger sets for demos, which I'm pretty excited for.

If GS does go down, it's gonna be a big negative hit to gaming. Although the market is moving to digital purchases, you can never replace the brick and mortar experience. I usually tell customers that are worried that you can't replace good customer service and experience with an online store. Not to mention being able to bend the rules for returns, running sales independent of the publisher, etc.
How often do you have people trade in their stuff?

Can you give an example, that are not games, of what's often, and seldom traded in?

What was the most expensive, one of a kind, ridiculous trade in you ever seen or heard of someone trade in, only to get a fraction of what they could sell it for?

What was your creepiest or weirdest experience with a customer?
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Soviethooves
(09-24-2019, 11:36 PM)Zombie Wrote: How often do you have people trade in their stuff?

Everyday, especially when we have a trade deal. Those are probably the best times to go as GS fukin destroys on trade deals. This guy came in with like 10 games and we had a promo where he got an extra $5 in store credit for each game you brought in. He walked away with more games than he expected!

Can you give an example, that are not games, of what's often, and seldom traded in?

Controllers are probably the second most traded, third being “tech”, which is phones, Google Home’s, etc.

What was the most expensive, one of a kind, ridiculous trade in you ever seen or heard of someone trade in, only to get a fraction of what they could sell it for?

Probably this one guy who came in with a literal box of old Xbox 360 games. They were all mostly old sports games and I counted about 30 before I looked him dead in the eye and told him “Dude, we aren’t going to offer you a lot for these because no one wants to buy these. If you want I’ll get you an estimate, but it aint gonna be higher than $20.”

What was your creepiest or weirdest experience with a customer?

I’m white and a dude called me a “stupid ***” because I said I’d rather play Red Dead Redemption 2 than fuck his girl. It was weird.
do u have battletoads
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • Soviethooves