EBC News - 31/07/2019
Information 
[Image: EBC1.png]

News - Wednesday 31 July 2019

- - - - -

EvoCity War Veteran Returns Home

When you think of a veteran of war who comes home, most people think of a person who's been pushed to their limits, been put under high levels of stress, and is broken emotionally and mentally. What most people don't think of is a crippled veteran in a wheel chair.

Meet Jeffrey Harris, a 40 year old ex-American Corporal in the army. Born in Spring 1979, Mr Harris grew up having a regular life as a private citizen in EvoCity. He worked at the Tides Hotel, working his way up the ranks starting in 1998 as a Concierge before becoming the Concierge Manager in 2001, and eventually the Deputy Manager of the Tides Hotel in 2002. However, like his father and grandfather before him, he would eventually leave a calm and peaceful life to serve in the American army. Jeffrey Harris did just that in 2003. 

After enlisting and joining the American army, Mr Harris was quickly sent to serve the army in it's new campaign in Iraq. In 2004, Harris was moved from Iraq to Afghanistan. Mr Harris fondly recounts his time in both Afghanistan and Iraq, but made it clear that whilst it was a memorable experience, it was far from safe. From 2007 to 2008, Jeffrey Harris briefly returned to EvoCity for a few months before returning to military service. In 2008, Harris was sent off to North-West Pakistan, and like all of his tours so far, all of them were part of the infamous War on Terror.

In 2011, shortly after being sent back to Afghanistan, Harris found himself laying in a heap in the ground without legs. A terrorist had thrown them at him as he was patrolling a US Army Base there, and they exploded the moment the landed by his feet. Mr Harris subsequently spent the next few years in US military hospitals, and eventually returned to the United States mainland in 2013 after requiring serious medical treatment. In 2014, Mr Harris was gifted with prosthetic legs.

Mr Harris indefinitely left the United States military after 11 years of service, with the rank of corporal, which he earned in 2010. He's spent the last 5 years in Hawaii, but has decided to return to EvoCity for a while for the first time in over a decade.

Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]

Mr Harris is just one of a number of EvoCity citizens with interesting lives and stories to tell.

- - - - -

Main Street Homeless Man

Spoiler :

2 days ago, EBC News interviewed Terry Salt, a homeless man living on the streets of EvoCity who has made a temporary residence on Main Street. When we first approached him, he said to our reporter "I'm really poor, and need some money... so I can buy myself a house". He then points over to a small shack nestled among 2 buildings on Main Street before continuing, "As you can see, this is my current house, but I'd like one that's a bit bigger". Before continuing the interview between himself and EBC News, he turns off his radio.

How did Terry Salt become a hobo? "Well, it's a long story but, I used to have a wife and several kids, and you know what they say: You can never keep everyone happy. So my wife started beating me, and I had to escape and I got a flight here to EvoCity, but then I became homeless 'cos all my money got nicked".

Suddenly, another hobo approaches with a baseball bat, and causes a skirmish with Terry. Unfortunately, the interview was curtailed at this point, as a full on fight between the two hobos commenced.

This leads us to many questions: Is hobo-on-hobo crime and violence an issue in EvoCity? Is the government doing enough to help the homeless? Does an issue like this require more attention in the news?

We'll leave you to make your answers for those questions.

Spoiler :

- - - - -

Broadstone Design

Spoiler :

A new design firm is spreading it's wings and gaining notoriety in both EvoCity and Ranox City respectively. Providing services for design in multiple areas such as residential, commercial, and industrial, and with a growing team of well-established and experienced architects, it looks like Broadstone Designs' prospects are looking... broad.

Founded in 2005 by Antonio Marino (Managing Partner), a series of accolades since 2006, with a clear objective of professionalism and great service, it seems the construction and design industry in Ranox City, but particularly in EvoCity have a bright future ahead. With grand designs across the world, spanning from EvoCity, to Liverpool, and Kuwait, we can only expect Broadstone to continue working their magic when it comes to EvoCity. Doubled with the brains of two renowned architects: Samantha Madelyn, who's created several designs for EvoCity such as a vase shop and a small luxury cafe; and Magnus Declan who's great works include many ACE Industries' builds, the Camorro Villa, and the Tesla Dealership in EvoCity.

It can only be said that with the way things are looking for Broadstone right now, that they will design the future of what EvoCity looks like.

Spoiler :

- - - - -

Credits:

Mark Mallett ([FL:RP] Lewwings) - President & Producer
Taylor Dixon ([FL:RP] Inlandbubbles) - "Main Street Homeless Man" Journalist
Terry Salt (Mullin) - Main Street Homeless Man

- - - - -

"Making the facts known"

Bigger things are coming soon from EBC!

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 8 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Luna, Janzo 火, RoCKy, Jessixa, Jonas, Zulu, RedPanda, Lesanka
What does EBC stand for?
(07-31-2019, 01:35 AM)*// Bacunt Wrote: What does EBC stand for?

EvoCity Broadcasting Corporation

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Another great work!
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 1 user Likes RoCKy's post:
  • Lewwings
I really love your articles Lewwings , always so interesting to read Cheese

Keep it up !
[Image: 1619639714462.png]
The following 1 user Likes Jessixa's post:
  • Lewwings
(07-31-2019, 01:50 AM)Lewwings Wrote:

Estleback Corporation?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 7 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Lewwings, Joe Joe, Jonas, Ryan, CorieTheNub, RoCKy, Zulu
(07-31-2019, 03:41 PM)Floodify Wrote:

Estleback Corporation?

What's Estleback?
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 4 users Like Link's post:
  • Joe Joe, Lewwings, Exotic, Zulu
There should be a EBC Article on how to break kneecaps like a professional
The following 1 user Likes SabreShibe's post:
  • Lewwings

How is it a Broadcasting Corporation if it's just text? Did I misinterpret what a broadcast is?
(08-01-2019, 07:57 PM)*// Bacunt Wrote:

How is it a Broadcasting Corporation if it's just text? Did I misinterpret what a broadcast is?
Cygnus, why must you be the one who has to correct everyone? Its not like this forum has a specific tool for making professional actual Articles. Its a City Roleplay game on a 15 year old game, it doesnt have to make sense.