Aggressive Nights?
Honestly, if people want agressive nights give it to them! It’s not as requiring to host an agressive event than a passive one. You’ll need to get a script to give out weapons (if on event server), and then just let it play out. I loved hosting the purge event, and would love to do another one.

I’d love to see agressive nights be a thing where the event manager would host a monthly purge event/ deathmatch event so that people could get their training a shot and so forth.

I’d love to see it aswell as passive nights! Sorry for spelling mistakes am on phone
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The following 3 users Like Jonas's post:
  • Dimitris, don, god
If passive nights are accepted, I see no reason why this shouldn't be
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 2 users Like Archer's post:
  • Dimitris, Byra
(05-31-2019, 11:19 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 07:17 AM)Arny Wrote: Only if it's on the event server

Then how about we host passive nights on the event server?

Weapons and ammo can't really be given out for free if it's on main, meaning you're gonna have to use your own gear. It's better if it's on event for better performance, free gear and nice scripts to go along with it. It doesn't have to be just shoot each other, could have little tasks which give people special gear to avoid everyone camping or something like that.

Passive nights don't need to be on event as performance isn't as big of an issue, they don't really require anything special in terms of scripts and you also don't need free items.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-02-2019, 12:15 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Weapons and ammo can't really be given out for free if it's on main, meaning you're gonna have to use your own gear. It's better if it's on event for better performance, free gear and nice scripts to go along with it. It doesn't have to be just shoot each other, could have little tasks which give people special gear to avoid everyone camping or something like that.

Passive nights don't need to be on event as performance isn't as big of an issue, they don't really require anything special in terms of scripts and you also don't need free items.

No one really requested any free gear neither any special scripts.
Well tho, I haven't seen a passive night since 2017 or 18, was there a one though? If so, then I'm okay with that.
(06-05-2019, 09:25 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

I don't think it would be as fun without them though, it also may result in less people participating. It just makes more sense to have an event like this on the event server compared to passive night where it doesn't make a difference. It's not about people wanting an aggRP event to be on the event server as they think it's less important, it's more due to the different needs when hosting this type of event.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-06-2019, 05:14 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 09:25 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

I don't think it would be as fun without them though, it also may result in less people participating. It just makes more sense to have an event like this on the event server compared to passive night where it doesn't make a difference. It's not about people wanting an aggRP event to be on the event server as they think it's less important, it's more due to the different needs when hosting this type of event.

I see where you are coming from, however, you said if there weren't any special scripts maybe people wouldn't think it would be as fun but in the last 2-3 purge events (where we had no special scripts ) the participants were more than enough for the event to take place. I think the aggressive nights would work on the live server, in addition, if they were to be hosted on the event server it wouldn't really feel like its something different, it would simply feel like a purge event.
Obviously, i think it depends on what aggressive night is. I can understand why people might not want a purge on the main server. But the same goes for some players who wont want the passive nights. Luckily i enjoy both but you have to be neutral. But, i think when you start giving people free shit people just play like idiots and only a small group stick to doing what you should. I get if it was a Deathmatch styled event. But the purge isnt that.

I think that if its on the main server people will have to stockpile their gear, and get equipped for it and in order gridn money and getting items for the purge, so that when it hits they can handle the streats on their own or even with a group. The most prepared group will have access to everything but who cares about being an underdog? Nothing better than causing an upset.

I think if it is on the live server, in the hands of the right people alot could be done with it, but yet again im only a player and have next to 0 influence so who knows.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(06-06-2019, 09:31 PM)perqe Wrote: Obviously, i think it depends on what aggressive night is. I can understand why people might not want a purge on the main server. But the same goes for some players who wont want the passive nights. Luckily i enjoy both but you have to be neutral. But, i think when you start giving people free shit people just play like idiots and only a small group stick to doing what you should. I get if it was a Deathmatch styled event. But the purge isnt that.

I think that if its on the main server people will have to stockpile their gear, and get equipped for it and in order gridn money and getting items for the purge, so that when it hits they can handle the streats on their own or even with a group. The most prepared group will have access to everything but who cares about being an underdog? Nothing better than causing an upset.

I think if it is on the live server, in the hands of the right people alot could be done with it, but yet again im only a player and have next to 0 influence so who knows.

Free items for an AggRP event will help people get into it though. I'm sure passive nights are also designed to help others who don't usually do a lot of passiveRP get into it, why shouldn't aggRP events do the same thing? Having people spend money on their own equipment makes that a lot less likely as only those who already have a ton of good gear will participate (and it is pretty expensive to stock up from nothing). I don't think people should see the event as something just for existing hardcore aggRP players, but rather for anyone wanting to give it a shot on a dedicated night just like passive nights. Adding a barrier to participating in the event doesn't really help it at all.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork