Repeatedly crashing when joining server
Basically i've tried everything:

With addons downloaded from workshop/ allowing server downloads-

Crashes after freezing on downloading female prisoner player model

With addons downloaded from workshop/not allowing server downloads-

Crashing whilst receiving server info

Without addons downloaded and allowing server downloads -

either crashes on downloading materials/vgui/cityrp/undercover.png.bz2 or on starting LUA

I've reinstalled steam and gmod too and still no different? Any other fixes you guys know of that might work??
What are you computer specs? There is always a way around this stuff.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(05-06-2019, 11:31 AM)Grizzly Wrote: What are you computer specs? There is always a way around this stuff.

Sadly I am a Mac peasant, but I've always been able to play on this server in the past:

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 6000
You should verify your game cache, perhaps the file has an issue with downloading it into the folder that you have specified.

Spoiler: Example

(05-06-2019, 11:35 AM)Create Wrote: You should verify your game cache, perhaps the file has an issue with downloading it into the folder that you have specified.

Spoiler: Example

Yeah i've tried that, I think it's steam fucking me over with addons, as they're being irritating with other games as well and not installing properly.
Storage is also very important, if you don’t have much storage, it can’t download all the addon and it will kick you. Check your drives as well.

Click this link and go through some of these fixes:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/disc...328448868/

I hope this could help as I strongly think these methods will be your best bet
(05-06-2019, 11:34 AM)smalljay32 Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 11:31 AM)Grizzly Wrote: What are you computer specs? There is always a way around this stuff.

Sadly I am a Mac peasant, but I've always been able to play on this server in the past:

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 6000

There is a chance that a new update has pushed your specs to the limit. However some other people here have stated a good few fixes that I hope you can try!
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
I had this before.

-Delete all your add-ons
-lunch Garry’s mod
-join the server (FL) see all the pink stuff
-close the game using task manager ( CTRL+ALT+DELETE)
- download all the content again and make sure all the downloads are done before lunching gmod

That should work, that’s what I done.

Hope I helped I know it’s the long way but might be the only way. Smile
Fearless Veteran 8^)
Hi smalljay,

Just so I have a better understanding, is it only FL you are having this issue with? Or is it with other servers?

If it is solely FL I would recommend using Scubas solution, but if this is not the case let me know and I will try my best to assist you.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
(05-06-2019, 11:10 AM)smalljay32 Wrote: Basically i've tried everything:

With addons downloaded from workshop/ allowing server downloads-

Crashes after freezing on downloading female prisoner player model

With addons downloaded from workshop/not allowing server downloads-

Crashing whilst receiving server info

Without addons downloaded and allowing server downloads -

either crashes on downloading materials/vgui/cityrp/undercover.png.bz2 or on starting LUA

I've reinstalled steam and gmod too and still no different? Any other fixes you guys know of that might work??

Just quoting you so u get the alert
Fearless Veteran 8^)