rp_rockford_v2
Now, before I get started by amazing you all with screenshots (Or not)  Let me tell you why I think Rockford is much better than any other map. 

1. The layout is amazing and feels like an actual city. It has at least three different ways to get into all areas (5 ways for the actual city)  And the most important part. EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED WITHIN AN AREA. I don't know how I can express this enough. the store, city, industrial, and suburbs are all connected every nicely which means you will see a lot of people. The best part is, you don't have to stay in the actual city to do a store rp. You can simply drive up 500 yards to the other section and RP there! Simply a win.

2. The outside road that circles the whole map. This is by far REALLY COOL as you go up hill, down hill and even find straightaways where you can do 80 MPH for the longest time because of the circling road on the outside. And it feels very real because look up any city, you will see they have highways circling around and a lot of ways to enter, just like Rockford has.

3. Skybox is way bigger in the city for Rockford, and by the ocean area, the skybox IS MASSIVE. you can build a skyscraper or any type of building you like. In terms of all around the map, you will be able to see that the skybox is a lot bigger everywhere other than suburbs I believe, and that's fine because no one builds tall things in the suburbs.

4. The outside highway building space. Look at the picture below of the house on the side of the highway, look how much room you can have!  You can build stores, homes, facilities, really anything you can think of ALL AROUND THE MAP because of the space they give you to do so.

5. The ravine adds a lot to me, you can do so many RP's inside or even build there. Maybe an underground society? It's up to you! Also, you can get all the way from the ravine to the lake by walking on the shore all the way through.

6. Will enhance the delivery job massively because of the highway and how long you can drive for

7. Suburbs is so nice and cozy looking with all the nice homes and little park in the middle.

8. Really HIGH-quality textures with a surprising very HIGH FPS. I've been to numerous server with this map and FPS was very nice. Even with a lot of props out, they map is I'd say, the one to go with.

City

Spoiler :
[Image: H3gs2QZ.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: bcgsVXu.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: jOV1fcM.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: SbTZ1NU.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: WMaMIFX.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: uzoXnub.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: 6QghlGG.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: bfFsgzt.jpg]

Ocean View (With two homes)

Spoiler :
[Image: zcizcBu.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: e5PVdDF.jpg]

House on the side of the road (Large building space)

Spoiler :
[Image: D7sYHx0.jpg]

Small Slums area (Very run down apartments)

Spoiler :
[Image: 2s5kClY.jpg]

Club: 

Spoiler :
[Image: R8WJNXO.jpg]

Stores in the city (More than this shows)

Spoiler :
[Image: 6nRI6IO.jpg]

Long, circling road

Spoiler :
[Image: Swx0jGO.jpg]

Suburbs (Road leading too)

Spoiler :
[Image: vrOtc5y.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: yaodvLV.jpg]

Industrial

Spoiler :
[Image: Mj6ZriN.jpg]

Second section to the city

Spoiler :
[Image: sUtkEyJ.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: lOKoP0C.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: VgThdwE.jpg]

Random inside shots

Spoiler :
[Image: xkMPp5U.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: NhFje38.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: jyWAK1u.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: R4kHocj.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: mAvsbzL.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: L9OEhq8.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: SFYNyrH.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: gZN5yqx.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: hap8DIg.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: yEB26pM.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: 6mY0rwN.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: m9dkMhm.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: KXlLf4i.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: NKYplzk.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: UBoaEOF.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: EkH7ITn.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: ZAhyULZ.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: PszcsPc.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: 7NwBJbU.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: fu6LIVX.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: PNQwvN7.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: 0QsHoXt.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: OyZW2bl.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: q8eHGgI.jpg]

I think RP_rockford_v2 would be an amazing fit. It's time to break away from Evocity with something much nicer!
no ty
Well, people are complaining of how the slums are close to the nexus in v2d. However on this map it's even closer. It's literally right next to the "town hall"/nexus. Personally I don't mind this map though, might be the change we need but it could also be the change that kills FL. You can't really know until it's been tried out.

EDIT
I also want to tell you that after playing this map hundred of hours. It looks really dead unless there's a lot of people on and right now we don't really have that many active players.
Just to put my spin on it, this map looks pretty huge and with the current player base I could imagine seeing someone anywhere in the map being a scarce showing. However it does show promise, just think the size of it might be a bit overwhelming for such a mediocre player base currently. If it came down to it I would not be choosing this map.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(05-05-2019, 07:59 PM)Grizzly Wrote: Just to put my spin on it, this map looks pretty huge and with the current player base I could imagine seeing someone anywhere in the map being a scarce showing. However it does show promise, just think the size of it might be a bit overwhelming for such a mediocre player base currently. If it came down to it I would not be choosing this map.

If you take the time to read the thread, your response has been responded to already. I do appreciate the opinion, however, I don't see this may being an issue when it comes to FL player base.

If you look around, you can see the industrial is not all the way across the map but connected to the city, so everyone in the industrial would be easy to find as they'd all be in that same, city area. And people doing RP's in stores will simply be in the city, or up the little slope.

Everyone was wanting V5P and still do, not to mention FL already gave V5P a shot and it was complete shit honestly, that is a big map because everything is divided. So if FL gave V5P a shot, I think they should give Rockford one too. 

If you look around the city, you can tell everything is all together in this one, literally connected by less than 100 feet of road and you're there. The only thing that is somewhat far from everything is the lake in suburbs, that's really it honestly, so I don't get the reasoning of this breaking up the playerbase more as everything is put together comapred to V4B1
(05-05-2019, 07:59 PM)Razz Wrote: Well, people are complaining of how the slums are close to the nexus in v2d. However on this map it's even closer. It's literally right next to the "town hall"/nexus. Personally I don't mind this map though, might be the change we need but it could also be the change that kills FL. You can't really know until it's been tried out.

EDIT
I also want to tell you that after playing this map hundred of hours. It looks really dead unless there's a lot of people on and right now we don't really have that many active players.

Who says the run down apartments have to be the slums?

Rebels can literally go anywhere like the little house on the side or whatever they want (Not something rich)

And I do recall, there is NO slums on v4b1 at all, not even a building at all that looks run down, and yet Rockford has it.

If rebels are allowed to have an apartment at the apartment complex on back street in v4b1, then why would they not allow to be in the apartment in Rockford?   Which I may add is NOT in the city so it won't be a huge issue. Plus they have the industrial as well which in Rockford, is a good distance from the PD

The same thing with Ranox, that could be the change that could kill FL as well, every map has that possibility. Not just Rockford
(05-05-2019, 08:08 PM)Rossi Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 07:59 PM)Razz Wrote: Well, people are complaining of how the slums are close to the nexus in v2d. However on this map it's even closer. It's literally right next to the "town hall"/nexus. Personally I don't mind this map though, might be the change we need but it could also be the change that kills FL. You can't really know until it's been tried out.

EDIT

Rebels can literally go anywhere like the little house on the side or whatever they want (Not something rich)

And I do recall, there is NO slums on v4b1 at all, not even a building at all that looks run down, and yet Rockford has it.

If rebels are allowed to have an apartment at the apartment complex on back street in v4b1, then why would they not allow to be in the apartment in Rockford?   Which I may add is NOT in the city so it won't be a huge issue. Plus they have the industrial as well which in Rockford, is a good distance from the PD

The same thing with Ranox, that could be the change that could kill FL as well, every map has that possibility. Not just Rockford

im not really talking about rebels im just generally saying that theres gonna be basewars from the slums, which i personally dont have a problem with but some people seem to have

EDIT

Edit: let me just say this is the First map I have ever played in gmod
Like the map but PoliceRP and other gamemodes that use this map leave me with a bad taste in my mouth when I play this map.
(05-05-2019, 09:54 PM)Razz Wrote:

EDIT

im not really talking about rebels im just generally saying that theres gonna be basewars from the slums, which i personally dont have a problem with but some people seem to have

I get that

However, just like v4b1, there are no dedicated spots for the rebels to go to or anyone else that you're referring to, to be in a slum area like that, which leaves it up to them and where they want to RP. 

So the run down apartments next to the Town Hall / Nexus would not affect anyone due to no one having the obligation to go there. I do understand that it's the type of environment the rebels are supposed to go, but there is a difference between that and the slums on v2d, let me break it down.

V2d - There was a slum area which was quite large and directly next to the Nexus. However, there was 3 stores, an old garage, and an old apartment complex. That is why the fighting there was so bad because that is was way more than just one building, it was a whole road dedicated to rebels basically.

Rockford - It's only two buildings and on one of the main roads. You won't see people outside there running away with guns in their hands and stuff because of how small it is, the whole road is not dedicated to the rebels like it is in v2d. Yes, there will be raids there because I'm sure anyone, not just rebels will contra there. But there will be raids at the industrial, suburbs, the nice apartments, and even the lake. 

I would be very surprised to see people running around outside with weapons and gunfights happening on the Rockford map due to the apartments not being that big and most people would probably just lock them self away in that apartment complex or anywhere else around the map.

Also, a quick side note. V2d was so bad with gunfights because not only was it a whole road with many buildings, but also the Nexus contained the SRU and the police force. And on Rockford, the Town Hall would only contain the President, Vice-President, and Desk Secretary. While the SRU and police would be in the actual police station dedicated to them, so you could not quickly respond out there all the time, and also NLR will be a huge help as well