New Map? - Discussion
Ranox doesn't even have working traffic lights xD

There are one-sided windows which are very annoying

Tons of props that are NOT world props and would take time in hammer to remove

So many apartments compared to any stores

One apartment complex does not even allow you to go on the balcony when there is clearly a door

The lake is SO TINY!! Not like the ocean is any better

The industrial is also SO TINY! Can't even do a big build there and the layout of it all is so poor. Whoever thinks the city has an "Amazing" layout needs to get their eyes checked. Because to me, the city is shit, almost like Evocity, maybe slightly better, idk.

The real win here would be Paralake, Rockford, or Truenorth. That's a good win for FL. Ranox would be a poor decision for FL, that's my opinion
The following 5 users Like Rossi's post:
  • Lewwings, Coffee, TASSIA, Joe Joe, Zecon
I think Rossi summed it up pretty well.
The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • Rossi
(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: Ranox doesn't even have working traffic lights  xD

I actually just noticed this, it's not a dealbreaker for me though as I don't see any in a place where they'd actually be useful. It is still pretty weird.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: There are one-sided windows which are very annoying

I mean yeah, but every map seems to have them nowadays (eg. V4B1 apartment windows). I don't think it's too bad as key buildings like villas and shops seem to have them all two-way. I'm sure there's some map reason for this that a mapper can explain better, could simply be performance reasons though.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: Tons of props that are NOT world props and would take time in hammer to remove

Majority of the annoying props I can see (especially in shops) are world props. The only annoying ones I can find are in only one of the apartment buildings. I think the map has a good balance between props and empty buildings.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: So many apartments compared to any stores

There's more than enough stores on the map as i've never seen more than four at any given time anyway.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: One apartment complex does not even allow you to go on the balcony when there is clearly a door

It's a bit weird but I don't think it's that big of an issue? The balcony is super small anyway so I don't see how it'd add a lot to the apartment.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: The lake is SO TINY!!   Not like the ocean is any better

The lake isn't that bad, it's not on the size of V4B1 or V5P but it's better than V2D. I think the lake is actually the exact same as pines (or well i've for sure seen it somewhere else). The beach 

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: The industrial is also SO TINY! Can't even do a big build there and the layout of it all is so poor. Whoever thinks the city has an "Amazing" layout needs to get their eyes checked. Because to me, the city is shit, almost like Evocity, maybe slightly better, idk.

There's two industrial sections which equal to pretty much the same as the industrial areas on any other map. You can also build massive dupes on them as the skybox is super high, so you can simply build above if you really need that much space. I'd rather have smaller areas like this compared to super low FPS with massive open areas.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: The real win here would be Paralake, Rockford, or Truenorth. That's a good win for FL. Ranox would be a poor decision for FL, that's my opinion

Truenorth is WAY too big for FL (especially since people seem to like smaller maps) and has its own issues. Rockford is also quite big, I don't see this working on FL at all either. I've never played Paralake, so I don't have a clue there.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
(05-05-2019, 05:37 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: Ranox doesn't even have working traffic lights  xD

I actually just noticed this, it's not a dealbreaker for me though as I don't see any in a place where they'd actually be useful. It is still pretty weird.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: There are one-sided windows which are very annoying

I mean yeah, but every map seems to have them nowadays (eg. V4B1 apartment windows). I don't think it's too bad as key buildings like villas and shops seem to have them all two-way. I'm sure there's some map reason for this that a mapper can explain better, could simply be performance reasons though.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: Tons of props that are NOT world props and would take time in hammer to remove

Majority of the annoying props I can see (especially in shops) are world props. The only annoying ones I can find are in only one of the apartment buildings. I think the map has a good balance between props and empty buildings.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: So many apartments compared to any stores

There's more than enough stores on the map as i've never seen more than four at any given time anyway.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: One apartment complex does not even allow you to go on the balcony when there is clearly a door

It's a bit weird but I don't think it's that big of an issue? The balcony is super small anyway so I don't see how it'd add a lot to the apartment.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: The lake is SO TINY!!   Not like the ocean is any better

The lake isn't that bad, it's not on the size of V4B1 or V5P but it's better than V2D. I think the lake is actually the exact same as pines (or well i've for sure seen it somewhere else). The beach 

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: The industrial is also SO TINY! Can't even do a big build there and the layout of it all is so poor. Whoever thinks the city has an "Amazing" layout needs to get their eyes checked. Because to me, the city is shit, almost like Evocity, maybe slightly better, idk.

There's two industrial sections which equal to pretty much the same as the industrial areas on any other map. You can also build massive dupes on them as the skybox is super high, so you can simply build above if you really need that much space. I'd rather have smaller areas like this compared to super low FPS with massive open areas.

(05-05-2019, 04:51 PM)Rossi Wrote: The real win here would be Paralake, Rockford, or Truenorth. That's a good win for FL. Ranox would be a poor decision for FL, that's my opinion

Truenorth is WAY too big for FL (especially since people seem to like smaller maps) and has its own issues. Rockford is also quite big, I don't see this working on FL at all either. I've never played Paralake, so I don't have a clue there.

I get what you're saying and I respect your opinion. However, I do feel that little points that don't seem like an issue are to others.

The one-sided windows: I know the apartments on Evocity have them, but that's it, it's only those 3-4 rooms that you can't see through, in Ranox it's so many buildings man, would be nice to walk around and see through the windows and shops to be able to look in

Unaccessable balconies: Totally takes away from the apartments and what you can do with them. Imagine if the apartments in v4b1 didn't allow you to access the balcony, would be shit man. It's nice to be able to go outside and even extend your balcony by building a nice dupe.

Traffic lights:  Very very very important to me, it adds a lot of roleplay just having that simple, red, green, and yellow light. Would make me very upset as I like to park my car and do radar and watch people run reds and stuff, taking that away would completely kill parts of police role play

Lake is small:  You're right, it is bigger than v2d, but that's a completely different story as v2d is not v4b1, so changing from v4b1 to Ranox would be a downgrade. And there are rocks surrounding the WHOLE place, can't even build around the lake anymore and there is very little space to do so if you wanted too.

Industrial is small:  The industrial, sad to say is nowhere near the same size as v4b1. And I understand maybe FL does not want such a giant map, but you have to look at it like this. I'd rather have a big map that has decent building space and areas to RP as you can simply ATTRACT people to your RP with adverts no matter where you are than have to deal with super small areas that you can't do much with. Not to mention the industrial I believe is split up in three different areas and even one giant warehouse by the lake which is plain ugly...

World props:  Yes, you could remove a lot of them, but still, every single apartment has actual props that are not world and totally ruins creativity. This map to me is for darkrp as people don't really build, they use the map as is. But for us, we love to completely change the building into something else, and we can't. This applies to all the homes and some stores as they are NOT world props

As of TrueNorth, you're probably right, might be too big. The layout is super nice though Tounge

As of Rockford, that's an AMAZING map to me, yes it is a bit big but what I love is that the store center area and city are somewhat distant but connected in terms of not having to go through a tunnel. The road on the outside of everything that completely circles the city could have SO MANY RP's as it is very very empty. The ravine can add some interesting RP. Yes the lake is small, but I think knowing how the rest of the map is, it doesn't even matter how the big the lake is to me but then again does, not sure as my argument would be "You can't build around the lake anymore" But then again just like V4B1, there are three set homes on the lake area and you can easily get some nice building in that lake and it would look AMAZING as well because it has the ocean skybox view  

As of Paralake, overall that map has the greatest layout I've ever seen in a gmod map. Has an actual highway circling the whole map and not just a normal road, has a huge bay area, could fit 8 yacht's in there and it would still have a ton of room, and the buildings are very nice, along with the suburbs too.
The following 1 user Likes Rossi's post:
  • Alphaverse
V5P!

#BringBackCliffside
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=275200575
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • RaZZ
(05-05-2019, 09:45 PM)JackZ Wrote: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=275200575

DarkRP map
There are some edits of RP Downtown that genuinely would be good for FL, however people would never support them because it's too 'DarkRP'.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 2 users Like Divey's post:
  • Slaint, Jessixa
(05-05-2019, 10:15 PM)Divey Wrote: There are some edits of RP Downtown that genuinely would be good for FL, however people would never support them because it's too 'DarkRP'.

Ass I literally just said