Framework
Reported User(s): Framework

Reported User's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:67723631

Date & Time (GMT): 24/4/19 @ 9:20 GMT

Summary of the incident
Doomforting

Evidence
Hey Robbtja,

Like I said in the discussion we had about this defence in-game, which you did cut out of this video, might I add, this defence is far from a doomfort.

To quote the FearlessRP description of a doomfort:
"Doomforts are overpowered defences that are almost impossible for a raiding party to overcome, even if they are realistic."
"You cannot build complex mazes, tiny firing holes, toggled cover using the fading door tool, you cannot force people to crouch, and you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party."
"Chest-high cover is generally allowed, but there are limits. Do not spam chest-high cover or use them constantly in combination with features such as tight corridors; this also often looks unrealistic."

This defence does use chest-high cover for the defenders as you can see from this image, but it is also quite easy for the raider to hit the defender:

Spoiler :
[Image: nGDzJYy.jpg]

There is also a lot of parts to this base that the defenders at the top cannot see or hit, the defenders at the top can only see the raiders whilst they are at or near the front door(s), as you can see from these other two images:

Spoiler :
[Image: ofzpQRO.jpg]

Spoiler :
[Image: rNyZJBv.jpg]

The screenshots above show that the defenders can only see the raiders near the door(s), if the raider was to just run through that door and get past the bullets, then the raider has basically gotten passed the entire defence, and it's physically impossible for you to be hit whilst keypad cracking or whilst you are near the front of the defence.

For the reasons I have specified above, I do not believe that this defence is a doomfort or overpowered in any way, I'd be happy to let an admin see this defence if needed, but I think my screenshots should be sufficient.

If the admins do decide that this is, in fact, a doomfort however (as the doomfort rule is mainly opinion based as stated by the admins, as everybody has different requirements for what a doomfort is), I'd be more than happy to make changes or just remove the defence in full.

Thanks.

I simply don't need to read your post as it's nothing but unnecessary.
There are differents in your Character Position when you have a gun out and when not, and when you have a gun out, you can only see the head of a player and this was an unraidable base because of the doomfort and we could only access through one small door.

Won't comment anymore.
With all due respect Robbtja,

All I did was respond to your player report with why I don't believe that this was a doomfort, and if it was, I most certainly didn't intend it to be. You've then come at me aggressively saying that my entire post is unnecessary and it wasn't even worth you reading it, which I personally don't believe is very fair.

The entire point of the courthouse is for both players to be able to provide their point of views, and then for the administrators to take those point of views into consideration before making their final judgement.

To go back to the original video that you submitted in your player report, you took one single look at the defence, not even for a second, and instantly decided that it was a doomfort, you didn't even take a proper look at it, or see the full defence. This defence was raided by the government multiple times yesterday successfully (after this video was originally recorded), and nearly every defence that I come across whether I'm roleplaying as a criminal or as a law enforcement officer is structured like this, and we always manage to raid them fine.

And in response to your last reply, I wasn't aware that your character position is lower down when you have a gun out than when you don't, it's been quite a while since I have played Garry's Mod, and after double checking all I can really do is apologise for not accurately representing that in the screenshots I provided earlier, but I still believe that you can still quite easily hit the defender even when they have a gun out. You can see much more than just the defenders head, which is backed up by your original video.

Whilst it's not my fault that the door is small, according to the rules you are able to block up doors as long as you leave one door unblocked. And whilst I don't think it would help very much to use the garage door, you can always place a breach on the prop that is blocking it if you are a government worker, or you can use a molotov if you are not a government worker, this will remove the prop.

This defence is most certainly raidable despite your claims that it is unraidable, what previous police forces have done is use the front door and the defence to their advantage and keep peaking and shooting at the defenders until eventually, they need to resupply or heal or do whatever they need to do, then whilst the defenders are occupied, the police force / sru moves in, and as soon as they enter the main building as long as they are not near the front door, they can't be hit by the people at the top, and then the gun fight takes place on the ground, without the use of the part of the defence that you have a problem with as it no longer has any use. In addition to this, I've seen countless players make use of the front semi-circle parts to this defence when raiding, they have used it for cover whilst in the gun fight that I mentioned earlier in this reply.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to apologise for not seeing or responding to your Local OOC message in-game, you where out of range and so it didn't show in my chat.

Thanks.

Denied.

It is always hard to tell if it is a doomfort by just watching a simple video, however I can see where you are coming from Robbtja. I will advise you ask a staff member to look around it before you use it again to avoid any problems in the future.