Rule 2.8
2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay as an animal/creature or similar without staff permission), specific (generic criminal job titles such as "Criminal", "Thug", or "Gangster" are not deemed specific enough) and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as 'Unknown' or 'Classified' for example).

Thoughts?
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 2 users Like Tomo's post:
  • RedPanda, Random
+Support

So long as the character that's being roleplayed is humanoid, seems fine to me.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
(04-03-2019, 11:14 AM)Tomo Wrote: 2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay as an animal/creature or similar without staff permission), specific (generic criminal job titles such as "Criminal", "Thug", or "Gangster" are not deemed specific enough) and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as 'Unknown' or 'Classified' for example).

Thoughts?

I feel like we're all just gonna set our job titles to custom ones such as the one mentioned above by myself.
It's a bit of an extreme example but they're the kind of criminal job titles I've been seeing the most of lately.

Personally I have no issue with "Criminal" & "Thug".
I think the main issue is people need to think too specifically in what they want to be able to do with their job title, and they're having a hard time finding an appropriate job title therefore end up making up their own.

Likewise, thoughts?
(04-03-2019, 11:26 AM)Agorith Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 11:14 AM)Tomo Wrote: 2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay as an animal/creature or similar without staff permission), specific (generic criminal job titles such as "Criminal", "Thug", or "Gangster" are not deemed specific enough) and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as 'Unknown' or 'Classified' for example).

Thoughts?

I feel like we're all just gonna set our job titles to custom ones such as the one mentioned above by myself.
It's a bit of an extreme example but they're the kind of criminal job titles I've been seeing the most of lately.

I think the main issue is people need to think too specifically in what they want to be able to do with their job title, and they're having a hard time finding an appropriate job title therefore end up making up their own.

Likewise, thoughts?

How can that possibly function as a rule though? It would end up being an incredibly vague rule.
(04-03-2019, 11:43 AM)Tomo Wrote:

Thoughts?

Likewise, thoughts?

How can that possibly function as a rule though? It would end up being an incredibly vague rule.

How do you mean?
How it would function as a rule is that we once again allow for players to set their job titles to "Criminal" & "Thug"
Or we find some middleground on said rule, but I'm not entirely sure how we'd do that.
It'd be interesting to discuss however, so we can be done with these silly criminal job titles as of late.
(04-03-2019, 11:56 AM)Agorith Wrote:

Thoughts?

Likewise, thoughts?

How do you mean?
How it would function as a rule is that we once again allow for players to set their job titles to "Criminal" & "Thug"
Or we find some middleground on said rule, but I'm not entirely sure how we'd do that.
It'd be interesting to discuss however, so we can be done with these silly criminal job titles as of late.

Oh ok so you don't mind Criminal and Thug, gotcha.

What i'm asking is, what kind of rule would prevent said "silly criminal jobs", like, what are you suggesting?
(04-03-2019, 12:04 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 11:56 AM)Agorith Wrote:

Thoughts?

Likewise, thoughts?

How do you mean?

Oh ok so you don't mind Criminal and Thug, gotcha.

What i'm asking is, what kind of rule would prevent said "silly criminal jobs", like, what are you suggesting?

Allowing "Criminal" and the likes again would more than likely solve this issue.
People will no longer need to set their job titles to the silly 'FailRP' ones.

Again though this can be brainstormed for some middleground, but I'm currently unable to think of anything tbh.
It's the most straight forward solution I can think of right now.
I agree with Agorith, I’ve seen these silly job titles that people use to aggro rp. As he said, I feel people don’t want to take time to think of a realistic ‘gang’ name and just use stupid ones. Yes allowing criminal and thug again would solve this problem, yet I also feel that those job names are still vague. Maybe something abit more realistic and specific like ‘Career Criminal’ or ‘Petty Criminal’ could work. So changing the rule to include to ‘be specific on job names such as ‘Criminal’ or ‘Thug’’.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Criminal was stopped because it does not accurately describe what you are role playing nor does it show or explain any of your past, present or future intentions. It fails to show any affiliations with anyone which became a very large issue just like it did with Classified.

Case study

Bob Jim and Fred are all criminals they have not roleplayed together but since they all have the same job title they help each other out in a raid. Admin Frank comes along to deal with the obvious rule infringement that occurred but is unable to prove anything because Bob Jim and Fred all have the same job title.

-support to allowing these lazy ass jobs such as thug and criminal, what’s wrong with creating a gang with some backstory or being a petty thief or thinking of a job title which actually tells people what you are role playing as?

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Random
(04-02-2019, 03:07 PM)Agorith Wrote: Personally my biggest issue with this rule lays in the following highlighted part:
''2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay something that isn't human), specific and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as 'criminal' or 'classified' for example).''

This specific part of the rule ends up being 'loopholed' by everyone on the server.
We see it done by staff included, aswell as myself.

"Thug" apparently perfectly allowed whilst just as vague as "criminal"
"Peepeepoopoo gang - creampie" for example, also apparently perfectly allowed within the rules.
Examples can go on.

I'd like to see this changed aswell as your specific part, that I do agree with.
+Support

I have been on a crusade to stop people using thugs and jobs like stated above but with my recent inactivity It seems people aren’t picking up on these I’m sure this will change when I return.