Community Feedback 2: Electric Boogaloo
Why does this survey basically ignore what's actually wrong with FL?

This seems like an attempt to make people think they're doing something good for the server - What actually needs to happen is staff, mainly admin activity needs to be increased and those that are inactive for extended periods of time need to be considered if they're actually worth keeping in that role.

Obviously community feedback is important but at the end of the day, you and the community are both fully aware of what's wrong at the moment and it's seemingly being ignored.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 5 users Like Huskii's post:
  • General Rickets, don, Spartan_KCT, Lewwings, ImTheRealSparks
Let's face it. Anybody against a ban wipe really just doesnt want to see FL repopulated.

If you were around for the last one, people literally came back off their bans and around 5 bans were dished out daily. Thats no work at all.

For the amount of people that would come back with good intention, a ban wipe is a great idea.

Promote more moderators too. You can always relieve the ones that don't fit the role.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • sebasti161
Ban wipe would mean for staff to be more active so that ain’t gonna happen
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
The following 2 users Like Cox's post:
  • ryan!, Foxirius2205
(03-02-2019, 09:30 AM)Cox Wrote: Ban wipe would mean for staff to be more active so that ain’t gonna happen

Putting in that perspective actually makes me want it more, personally.

(03-02-2019, 09:13 AM)JackZ Wrote: Let's face it. Anybody against a ban wipe really just doesnt want to see FL repopulated.

If you were around for the last one, people literally came back off their bans and around 5 bans were dished out daily. Thats no work at all.

For the amount of people that would come back with good intention, a ban wipe is a great idea.

Promote more moderators too. You can always relieve the ones that don't fit the role.

Just because I don't wish for a load of people banned for good reason back on the servers does not mean I don't want to see the server flourish. Don't make stupid assumptions.

The following 5 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Yonno, JackZ, Pollux, Agorith, ImTheRealSparks
(03-02-2019, 09:30 AM)Cox Wrote: Ban wipe would mean for staff to be more active so that ain’t gonna happen

Let's have it then
I wouldn't mind to see a ban wipe, not everyone banned atm is going to return and mess around. I mean, how many staff members have been banned... FL has done it before and I don't think it was a disaster so I think it's possibly worth a shot.
The following 1 user Likes Kippsee's post:
  • RoCKy
Personally I am in favour for the ban wipe. I see no reason not to? You have people who aren’t banned that may return on good terms, which will be great! You may have people that will return to cause more shit, but we have a staff team there who should be stopping that.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
(03-02-2019, 08:58 AM)Huskii Wrote: Why does this survey basically ignore what's actually wrong with FL?

This seems like an attempt to make people think they're doing something good for the server - What actually needs to happen is staff, mainly admin activity needs to be increased and those that are inactive for extended periods of time need to be considered if they're actually worth keeping in that role.

Obviously community feedback is important but at the end of the day, you and the community are both fully aware of what's wrong at the moment and it's seemingly being ignored.

As I said in my reply to Fultz, this is not in anyway ignoring the problem, however I'm honestly confused by what sort of questions do you think would have been constructive regarding team activity? If I had put in a question saying 'Do you think the staff team is inactive' knowing that yes, the team is overall not as active as we could be and should be (this is something we are already trying to solve internally), and then got back a load of 'Yes' answers, how do you think that would help in anyway? Do you see where I'm coming from? We already know about that situation therefore it would be counter intuitive to get feedback on it, these are just a few ideas for trying to push rp back to where it used to be, as at the moment hardly anyone is actually roleplaying on the server, and therefore a lot of people just aren't coming on because they get bored of doing nothing. I'm sorry if they're not ideas that you think will work - but that's literally what the survey is there for.
The following 2 users Like [LT] Sparx's post:
  • Pollux, Chumps
(03-02-2019, 10:51 AM)Sparx Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 08:58 AM)Huskii Wrote: Why does this survey basically ignore what's actually wrong with FL?

As I said in my reply to Fultz, this is not in anyway ignoring the problem, however I'm honestly confused by what sort of questions do you think would have been constructive regarding team activity? If I had put in a question saying 'Do you think the staff team is inactive' knowing that yes, the team is overall not as active as we could be and should be, and then got back a load of 'Yes' answers, how do you think that would help in anyway? Do you see where I'm coming from? We already know about that situation therefore it would be counter intuitive to get feedback on it, these are just a few ideas for trying to push rp back to where it used to be, as at the moment hardly anyone is actually roleplaying on the server, and therefore a lot of people just aren't coming on because they get bored of doing nothing. I'm sorry if they're not ideas that you think will work - but that's literally what the survey is there for.

You could however set up your google forms in such a way that it allows people to provide more feedback than just yes or no. Yes/ no questions do not provide feedback, it only allows people to show whether they agree or disagree with a statement, not why or how. While there were a whole 3 questions in the survey allowing for proper open answers, I don't feel like these covered enough ground to allow people to properly express their thoughts.

It would have been an easy job to request people to provide solutions to inactivity within the staff team. Not only would this provide the staff team with anonymous suggestions, it also provides a general feeling of in what way people think the staff team should be going, again, anonymously. And perhaps you should once again include a staff feedback form, too, allowing people to express their thoughts on- and provide feedback for individual staff members.

I personally filled in the survey the best I could, but from the questions I was looking at, I did not feel like I had a lot of chance to actually voice my thoughts, but it rather merely allowed me to agree/ disagree with things, which feels quite restricting.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 5 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Huskii, Pollux, Lewwings, ImTheRealSparks, sebasti161