Revival/Repopulation Ideas.
Crazy radical idea here: Move Fearless into the DarkRP gamemode.

I know that sounds like a terrible idea, but it would cause people to actually see the server again. FL was at its peak in the old Gmod menu. Now the server sits far down in the listing for game modes. The only difference that FL would face is needing more active admins to ban the shitters who join(which is how FL was before), but at least new people would be joining. Not saying this is for sure the best solution, just something to think about Smile
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
(03-03-2019, 12:16 AM)ryan! Wrote: Crazy radical idea here: Move Fearless into the DarkRP gamemode.

I know that sounds like a terrible idea, but it would cause people to actually see the server again. FL was at its peak in the old Gmod menu. Now the server sits far down in the listing for game modes.  The only difference that FL would face is needing more active admins to ban the shitters who join(which is how FL was before), but at least new people would be joining. Not saying this is for sure the best solution, just something to think about Smile

It's not just a terrible idea, but pretty much impossible unless the devs lie about what gamemode the server is running which won't help as people will just leave after they see they've been lied to.

FL currently runs a modified version of Applejack, not DarkRP. Making a new GM is likely easier than converting existing systems to darkRP.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-03-2019, 01:12 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 12:16 AM)ryan! Wrote: Crazy radical idea here: Move Fearless into the DarkRP gamemode.

I know that sounds like a terrible idea, but it would cause people to actually see the server again. FL was at its peak in the old Gmod menu. Now the server sits far down in the listing for game modes.  The only difference that FL would face is needing more active admins to ban the shitters who join(which is how FL was before), but at least new people would be joining. Not saying this is for sure the best solution, just something to think about Smile

It's not just a terrible idea, but pretty much impossible unless the devs lie about what gamemode the server is running which won't help as people will just leave after they see they've been lied to.

FL currently runs a modified version of Applejack, not DarkRP. Making a new GM is likely easier than converting existing systems to darkRP.

Cider**
>New Map
>Active Admins/Activity Protocol
>Interesting features, Farming Crafting etc etc
>Actual development not just more pointless cars
>UI Update
>Remove f4 market - Allows for more player interaction
>Frequent events
>Passive nights
>Aggressive Events, Battle Royales with prizes etc etc

Just a few ideas i've had.
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Archer
(03-03-2019, 01:26 PM)Arny Wrote:

Cider**

They're the same thing, so either is correct.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
((Continuation from 1st post, just gonna link suggestions etc)
Going to try and avoid the staff and that here since they know what to do already

1. Once the new map is made (assuming it comes) switching to it will likely at least bring some people back to try it, I would say launch it with a overhaul of some systems, for example just redo the f1, hud and whatever so it makes it feel totally different, likely to keep players as long as it’s actually liked
2. Do more passive nights, don’t think there’s been many in the last year, would bring some passive RPers back for a bit, why not reward them for coming and do them weekly to kickstart rp again
3. More way to earn money, whether that be crafting gats, farming fat opium in a field, mining or hosting fat illegal crack dens idk
4. As I said before more events, not talking full rp events just do 5v5’s with crowbars etc down lake, and winner get something, or perhaps a race with trabants or bmws, and of course more role play ones, basically they don’t have to be all set out with hours of prep just make them maybe like 1 hour so it’s fun for players, you would rather have a 1 hour event fucking about than a 3 hour one having to do some dead rp trying to get a rpp doing /mes and that
5. Rewards for playing each day, will get people back say you have to play 1 hour a day.
6. An achievement system for anything like “master coffee man” for making 1000 coffee, you get money of whatever, maybe host global achievements and whoever drives the furthest gets in a week or so gets something, it could literally be achievements for anything
6. Remake the guide they used to have for new players on the forum - so they know what to do - maybe a wiki system like ll
7. Reward people for not being fucking assholes and staying out of rulebreaks - less work on the staff when you get money for not break rules
8. Rework the rpp point system - give them money for points and special abilities like extra props the more points you get - this way passive isn’t the easy way to stand there for hours and lose money and contemplate suicide because 2 man have come in yer paki shop in the last hour - points should be easier to get - since less people rp now.
9. Make it easier to earn money - maybe you should be able to sell food etc that takes time to make to the server - giving you lets say 200 profit - something to do alongside contra etc and remove the want to just sit afk and that when you can earn more doing something else at the same time.
10. Remove this beta car system, it’s the only new content and is limited to just a few.
11. Overall just improve all the little things, do multiple quality of life updates to improve it - this can make all the difference since it improves it all
12. Make van etc cheaper, promotes delivery driver rp, trucker rp, since these don’t really have much use atm

I would also recommend adding these suggestions:

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=91886
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=91822
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=91108
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=91571
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=91099
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=90136
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=90296

There’s a load more but I’m not reading 14 pages of suggestions
(03-03-2019, 03:08 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 01:26 PM)Arny Wrote:

Cider**

They're the same thing, so either is correct.

No, applejack is a heavily modified version of Cider. Applejack lacks many functions that cider has.
1. ban wipe, fresh start for all players
2. more exiting updates (yes i know devs are hard at work pushing other updates so why not add something big and huge that will bring everyone back, can give ideas if need be)
3. more passive ways of making money
4. admins being more active. yes admins have lives but 90% of the time the server has no admins at all
5. more reward for passiverp (people only really do passiverp for reps and do agro the most which is bad as its nice for a mix)
6. prs/staff reports being replied to. for a long time not long ago there was like 4 pages of player reports from a long time ago which makes the community look bad

some stuff i came from the top of my head
lemme know whatya think