Weapon Stats Revamp
"Government weapons have been buffed and Criminal weapons are nerfed"
Me: N o i c e
Me: *Reads the chart*
*M4 Nerfed. Aug and AK Buffed*
Me:
[Image: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg]
The following 8 users Like CassieHaddad's post:
  • Pollux, Joe Joe, ImTheRealSparks, BoggoCoggo, Equinox, DreeBott, Baskingner, Chumps
I was looking into my values a bit more as it felt like some where a bit off, i've found the spreadsheet I was using to plan my AggRP follow up update shortly before my demotion. For curiosity, I also put in the new values into the spreadsheet to see what it thinks. I have also provided an accurate version of my stats, as the ones in the OP are incorrect. I have also included the pre-AggRP update stats and I am now using my new revised formula which I created for the purpose of the follow up update. The Weapon Score is still a version of my formula that hasn't been perfected but is still better than the one I used in the initial update. I didn't artificially boost it in any way and you can still compare all three tables and graphs perfectly normally. Also note that it was pretty hard to copy from the table provided by Arny, so some values I may have missed (although I don't think I did).

All tables and graphs are sorted by price. Graphs are Weapon Score vs Price. P90 excluded from both graphs due to it having no price. For the Weapon Score, higher = "better". For the Overall Effectiveness, lower = "better" (not always though, this one is weird so i'd focus on the weapon score).

[spoiler="Pre-AggRP Update Stats/Awestruck?"]
[Image: GGowoEd.png]
[Image: B9Wy2gZ.png]
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: Pollux AggRP Update
[Image: ZZYbDsg.png]
[Image: ETDYm11.png]

Spoiler: Arny Weapon Update
[Image: 2Xu9RZt.png]
[Image: tWgQUEs.png]

Spoiler: All three graphs together
[Image: B9Wy2gZ.png]
[Image: ETDYm11.png]
[Image: tWgQUEs.png]

I'm not saying my stats are perfect, there's a reason I planned to do a follow up as I knew I would had to modify things. I do however believe the new weapon stats are much further away from perfection than mine were. You're taking a step back here, not forwards. This shows very clearly in the graphs between the Old and Arny's, I even had to double check to make sure I didn't post the same graph twice.

Please note that a weapon being higher doesn't necessarily mean it deals more damage or whatever, it's just an estimate of how effective the weapon will be on the servers in a normal gameplay setting at a medium engagement distance (sorta a typical battle on FL, imagine between people on mainstreet). This is also where the main flaw comes from in my stats, it would be much more accurate if there were different scores for different ranges. It is however still accurate enough to act as a comparison and act as gameplay values, which is why I went ahead with my AggRP update and instead planned a more detailed look in the follow up.

The only reason i'm being so vocal in this is because I seriously believe you're making a mistake by scrapping my values and going with these ones, it feels like my almost months of effort into balancing the gamemode has all been scrapped in this one biased update. If in the end you decide to ignore this, fair enough as it doesn't affect me and it's your choice in the end. I do think it's worth me still trying though for the majority that welcomed my balance update as a means to finally end the massive advantage criminals have always had. I get a lot of the older players were annoyed at my update as it essentially nerfed the "fun" you had at pretty much performing 1v8's against the entire Government team with ease, even I used to be one of those players back in 2013. Do keep in mind that such biased engagements are only fun for one side. You're going to go back to Police/SRU refusing to raid most bases as they know it's futile. One thing I am asking for is for you to think about these changes carefully, balance was one of the things I stood for while I was a Developer and I don't want to see my effort go towards nothing and i'm sure all you government players don't want to go back to having to refuse raids as frequently as it used to be.

If you have any questions about my stats or anything, feel free to ask and i'll try to explain.

EDIT: I tried to get the old graph to have the same gridlines as the other graphs, but excel is being annoying and it's late. It's just automatically changing it as the bars have a smaller range. Sorry. Nevermind it works now.

EDIT 2: I didn't really state a conclusion, but I still think the best course of action is to just revert it and focus on gamemode improvements to the weapon system which will have the effect you guys are trying to make here. You're changing the wrong thing, this won't help solve anything. The gamemode has become more and more bloated over the years and there's way too much stress on the server, especially on the networking side. Aim at reducing it and you'll get more fluid gunplay. I know because I worked on doing exactly this and results from all of our debug tools also backs my point up.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I've just woke up so I'm not sure whether I am seeing things but why nerf the famas?
I thought the whole point of Weapon Balancing was to nerf the op and most used guns and buff the shit, least used guns.
Before someone says yeah but the cone has been significantly reduced, its not hard to aim anyways so its not really worth the price when you can get Ak's for $10k cheaper and it seems much better

Rest of it is sick tho, good work Arny and Rickets and rest of early testers.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • General Rickets
(01-25-2019, 02:16 AM)Envy Wrote: I've just woke up so I'm not sure whether I am seeing things but why nerf the famas?
I thought the whole point of Weapon Balancing was to nerf the op and most used guns and buff the shit, least used guns.
Before someone says yeah but the cone has been significantly reduced, its not hard to aim anyways so its not really worth the price when you can get Ak's for $10k cheaper and it seems much better

Rest of it is sick tho, good work Arny and Rickets and rest of early testers.

In practice the famas beat every weapon at every range so we had to choice really other than to alter it slightly to fit the other weapons x

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Envy
Lovely stuff. All we need is a team of AK's v a team of M4 Gov both Kevlar and the gov will never win. Are we back to that ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 4 users Like Marty's post:
  • Pollux, ImTheRealSparks, BoggoCoggo, Chumps
Very nice
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Panda's post:
  • Luna
(01-24-2019, 10:58 PM)Pollux Wrote: Look, I understand you want to try and listen to people while doing this Arny but you have to realise the group you have are pretty much hardcore criminals. All the guns are heavily shifted in the favour of any criminal force. I'd be surprised if Government can even win any raid against a group of people who know what they're doing, it was hard enough already.

I would revert back to how I had it and make minor modifications from there, the AK and Galil were already at the top for their price and didn't need to be increased in the slightest. An automated system (even if SLIGHTLY off) is going to be a lot better than a bunch of conflicting opinions from those who play government and those who play criminals.

The problem isn't even the gun stats, it's the gamemode. Focus on improving how the gamemode calculates bullets and you'll get the gameplay you want. Reduce the networking load on the server and bullets will actually start to register. I get that I don't play anymore, but I hate watching weeks of my work to balance the game get scrapped because some people are mad they can't win a 1v8 against the Government anymore.

/rant

If there is a cop force that know what they're doing against criminals that know what they're doing it is even. Don't destroy skill by saying that the cop force is bad when they don't have skill. Cop is no risk medium reward. Criminal is high risk high reward.
The following 2 users Like Bobby's post:
  • General Rickets, Wolven
(01-24-2019, 10:58 PM)Pollux Wrote: Look, I understand you want to try and listen to people while doing this Arny but you have to realise the group you have are pretty much hardcore criminals. All the guns are heavily shifted in the favour of any criminal force. I'd be surprised if Government can even win any raid against a group of people who know what they're doing, it was hard enough already.

I would revert back to how I had it and make minor modifications from there, the AK and Galil were already at the top for their price and didn't need to be increased in the slightest. An automated system (even if SLIGHTLY off) is going to be a lot better than a bunch of conflicting opinions from those who play government and those who play criminals.

The problem isn't even the gun stats, it's the gamemode. Focus on improving how the gamemode calculates bullets and you'll get the gameplay you want. Reduce the networking load on the server and bullets will actually start to register. I get that I don't play anymore, but I hate watching weeks of my work to balance the game get scrapped because some people are mad they can't win a 1v8 against the Government anymore.

/rant

You chat so much shit. 

This is exactly why your AggRP updates where bad because you thought governments where shit compared to criminals.

W R O N G. If you're good at shooting then you will win as government. I would win as government well before you sticked your nose into gun changes. The only reason 'criminals' win now is because we as a group play as criminals. If we were always to main government 24/7 you'd be nerfing them to high heaven. People just need to respect that when we play we play as a group.

While you buffed government out of the own ignorance of how bad you are you fail to consider other players who don't have the 2k hours we have when playing who will get thrashed by cops/SRU who outnumber them 6:2, have all weapons paid for and are most likely more experienced than them.
The following 4 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Danny Boy, Ranger, Aektek, Bobby
Very nice I like this! Good update
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
(01-25-2019, 12:50 AM)What CassieHaddad Wrote: "Government weapons have been buffed and Criminal weapons are nerfed"
Me: N o i c e
Me: *Reads the chart*
*M4 Nerfed. Aug and AK Buffed*
Me:
[Image: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg]

It’s how he worded it mate. He was saying that it was unbalanced because the criminal weapons were nerfed and the government weapons were buffed, so he’s fixing it. 

OT: Amazing update, Crosshair customisation is a really nice touch, The new stats also seem a lot better now too in favour of the people that actually purchase guns rather than government which get them for free, and don’t get me wrong, I love playing government on FL. MP7 needs a remodel 100% though.
The following 4 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Danny Boy, Envy, Luna, Bobby