Blazing
Reported User(s): Blazing

Reported User's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:60623768

Date & Time (GMT): 18/1/19 @ 23:07 GMT

Summary of the incident
The user in question sniped me from a distance for no reason as I was attending a situation.

Evidence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnTYm7TH...e=youtu.be
Earlier, you had demoted me from Police Sergeant for a false reason, and failed to solve it peacefully with me when I attempted to contact you, as seen in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZU8qLu_BEQ

This also led to my false imprisonment.

Furthermore, you had been working for a corrupt government dictatorship which was suppressing its citizens.
[Image: jrpM8xb.jpg]

Looking to contact me? You can find my Steam profile here.
Sparks, can the above be confirmed? Please respond within the next 24 hours.
(01-19-2019, 12:10 AM)Blazing Wrote: Earlier, you had demoted me from Police Sergeant for a false reason, and failed to solve it peacefully with me when I attempted to contact you, as seen in this video:

Furthermore, you had been working for a corrupt government dictatorship which was suppressing its citizens.

I was the vice president and demoted you for a Valid reason. I had non stop reports from both officers and members of the public. I simply had enough and took action. In the incident in which you killed me for no reason, I am a member of the SRU. I was attending a situation at main street. You were not involved. Regardless of who I work for, you take it out on them, not me. You had no grounds to blast my brains out on Main street.

In addition to this, the video you put in your defence shows me demoting you for what i said above, you were then demoted by someone who became Sergeant and demoted you for no reason. As the Vice President, it is my job to accept and deny warrants I deem fit to be accepted or denied. I did my job.

You say: "I tried to resolve peacefully" however, all that can be seen in the video is you telling me that people that were reporting you were in the same group. You never tried to ask me anything. You spoke to Kate and tried to resolve with her, therefore making me completely unaware of you trying to "resolve peacefully".
[Image: brHdXi6.png]
(01-22-2019, 10:28 PM)ImTheRealSparks Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 12:10 AM)Blazing Wrote: Earlier, you had demoted me from Police Sergeant for a false reason, and failed to solve it peacefully with me when I attempted to contact you, as seen in this video:

I was the vice president and demoted you for a Valid reason. I had non stop reports from both officers and members of the public. I simply had enough and took action. In the incident in which you killed me for no reason, I am a member of the SRU. I was attending a situation at main street. You were not involved. Regardless of who I work for, you take it out on them, not me. You had no grounds to blast my brains out on Main street.

In addition to this, the video you put in your defence shows me demoting you for what i said above, you were then demoted by someone who became Sergeant and demoted you for no reason. As the Vice President, it is my job to accept and deny warrants I deem fit to be accepted or denied. I did my job.

You say: "I tried to resolve peacefully" however, all that can be seen in the video is you telling me that people that were reporting you were in the same group. You never tried to ask me anything. You spoke to Kate and tried to resolve with her, therefore making me completely unaware of you trying to "resolve peacefully".

You hadn't demoted me for a valid reason at all. A valid reason would be attempting to actually roleplay and arrange a meeting with me to discuss the claims, as opposed to simply demoting me with a simple use of a command. I would understand if there was an investigation and you attempted to communicate with me because you ultimately have to make a judgement due to being unable to physically see events unfold, but you clearly didn't do any of this.

The city had been in chaos because almost everyone who was active in the server at the time was in the city. There were a lot of people just looking to cause trouble, randomly starting punch-ups in the streets, killing people by stepping on their tazed bodies, and running in front of vehicles to disrupt traffic. Each time, I clearly requested a warrant with accurate reasoning, and you didn't question any of these warrants either, so you obviously didn't seem to have an issue or suspicion with it.

If there are a lot of crimes being committed and the police force is low on numbers (as seen at 1:09 in the video, with the other officers being inexperienced and to be blunt, spectators rather than officers), of course I'm going to have to end up making a lot of arrests if I'm doing my job properly. Again, this is something you failed to consider, which shows negligence on your part. I ended up getting demoted from Police Sergeant, then arrested for the maximum prison sentence, all for nothing, something which wouldn't be a pleasant experience realistically, and even less so in a semi-serious RP server.

A lot of arrested players means a lot of complaints, especially when you consider that their friends who didn't get arrested would also complain. This is also something which occurs in real life and even in games, but you don't see officers in real life being demoted for number of complaints, or players get banned in games like CS:GO for being reported a lot; these people would get investigated, and in the case of police officers, they would at least get spoken to.

With regards to the actual attack, I had been watching you for a while from afar using my camera's zoom, and you were being extremely heavy handed with your tools, to the point where I considered it abusive misuse. An example is seen in the footage, where you tazed a citizen who was standing still, and even in a corner (where it would have been difficult/impossible for them to move if you stood next to them whilst handcuffing them). Due to the higher powers being corrupt, as I had observed before, it wouldn't have been feasible to seek your demotion, so I took action. Switching jobs doesn't put you in a new life either, so your actions as Vice President still carried over.

Your oversimplification of the Vice President's job as being 'to accept and deny warrants I deem fit' shows your inability to roleplay it sufficiently, which has led to this situation occurring.

I hadn't mentioned the second demotion at all; it's only there because it's part of another player report, but the footage was relevant so I just reused it as a reply in this thread.

Trying to act oblivious in this situation isn't really helpful to anyone. I sent you not one, but two private messages, so you evidently were aware of my attempts to communicate with you. You can see in the footage at 1:47 that I asked you a question as an opener for communication, as indicated by the question mark. Anyone with a basic education would be able to understand that a question mark implies a question is being asked, contrary to your latest claim. In the video, I never received a response, and I never received a response after the time of recording either. You were very clearly aware of me trying to resolve a situation peacefully, even if you don't claim to be so.

(01-23-2019, 01:02 AM)Blazing Wrote:

You hadn't demoted me for a valid reason at all. A valid reason would be attempting to actually roleplay and arrange a meeting with me to discuss the claims, as opposed to simply demoting me with a simple use of a command. I would understand if there was an investigation and you attempted to communicate with me because you ultimately have to make a judgement due to being unable to physically see events unfold, but you clearly didn't do any of this.

The city had been in chaos because almost everyone who was active in the server at the time was in the city. There were a lot of people just looking to cause trouble, randomly starting punch-ups in the streets, killing people by stepping on their tazed bodies, and running in front of vehicles to disrupt traffic. Each time, I clearly requested a warrant with accurate reasoning, and you didn't question any of these warrants either, so you obviously didn't seem to have an issue or suspicion with it.

If there are a lot of crimes being committed and the police force is low on numbers (as seen at 1:09 in the video, with the other officers being inexperienced and to be blunt, spectators rather than officers), of course I'm going to have to end up making a lot of arrests if I'm doing my job properly. Again, this is something you failed to consider, which shows negligence on your part. I ended up getting demoted from Police Sergeant, then arrested for the maximum prison sentence, all for nothing, something which wouldn't be a pleasant experience realistically, and even less so in a semi-serious RP server.

A lot of arrested players means a lot of complaints, especially when you consider that their friends who didn't get arrested would also complain. This is also something which occurs in real life and even in games, but you don't see officers in real life being demoted for number of complaints, or players get banned in games like CS:GO for being reported a lot; these people would get investigated, and in the case of police officers, they would at least get spoken to.

With regards to the actual attack, I had been watching you for a while from afar using my camera's zoom, and you were being extremely heavy handed with your tools, to the point where I considered it abusive misuse. An example is seen in the footage, where you tazed a citizen who was standing still, and even in a corner (where it would have been difficult/impossible for them to move if you stood next to them whilst handcuffing them). Due to the higher powers being corrupt, as I had observed before, it wouldn't have been feasible to seek your demotion, so I took action. Switching jobs doesn't put you in a new life either, so your actions as Vice President still carried over.

Your oversimplification of the Vice President's job as being 'to accept and deny warrants I deem fit' shows your inability to roleplay it sufficiently, which has led to this situation occurring.

I hadn't mentioned the second demotion at all; it's only there because it's part of another player report, but the footage was relevant so I just reused it as a reply in this thread.

Trying to act oblivious in this situation isn't really helpful to anyone. I sent you not one, but two private messages, so you evidently were aware of my attempts to communicate with you. You can see in the footage at 1:47 that I asked you a question as an opener for communication, as indicated by the question mark. Anyone with a basic education would be able to understand that a question mark implies a question is being asked, contrary to your latest claim. In the video, I never received a response, and I never received a response after the time of recording either. You were very clearly aware of me trying to resolve a situation peacefully, even if you don't claim to be so.

You're right, I didn't do a full investigation into the claims against you, my fault. You could have taken this to the President and make a formal complaint about your dismissal. Violence is the last option. You should have tried harder to get my attention, maybe come up to me face to face rather than send private messages that I clearly did not see come up. At no point did I put your life at risk to the point of having to defend yourself with force. I was an SRU operative conducting an investigation & an arrest. You ruined that by blasting my head off. Again, no grounds to kill me. You could've taken me prisoner and demanded randsome for your mistreatment, you could have protested to the president about my actions but no, you decided to resort to the last option, violence. I'm not arguing the fact that I didn't investigate the claims to the best of my ability and therefore was my fault. As said previously, you could have confronted me in-game to have your voice heard. As for the excessive force towards the defenceless man behind the door, you could have taken that to my superior and reported me for police brutality. My grounds for tazing the individual was to neutralise the threat and assess the situation when under control. He assaulted a member of the public that was defenceless. That showed the intent that he was not going to go peacefully even if I tried to speak to him. Agreed, it looked like a clusterfuck and the only officer there was me. As said before, you could have went to countless different options before the one you did.
[Image: brHdXi6.png]
(01-23-2019, 01:39 AM)ImTheRealSparks Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 01:02 AM)Blazing Wrote:

You're right, I didn't do a full investigation into the claims against you, my fault. You could have taken this to the President and make a formal complaint about your dismissal. Violence is the last option. You should have tried harder to get my attention, maybe come up to me face to face rather than send private messages that I clearly did not see come up. At no point did I put your life at risk to the point of having to defend yourself with force. I was an SRU operative conducting an investigation & an arrest. You ruined that by blasting my head off. Again, no grounds to kill me. You could've taken me prisoner and demanded randsome for your mistreatment, you could have protested to the president about my actions but no, you decided to resort to the last option, violence. I'm not arguing the fact that I didn't investigate the claims to the best of my ability and therefore was my fault. As said previously, you could have confronted me in-game to have your voice heard. As for the excessive force towards the defenceless man behind the door, you could have taken that to my superior and reported me for police brutality. My grounds for tazing the individual was to neutralise the threat and assess the situation when under control. He assaulted a member of the public that was defenceless. That showed the intent that he was not going to go peacefully even if I tried to speak to him. Agreed, it looked like a clusterfuck and the only officer there was me. As said before, you could have went to countless different options before the one you did.

If you weren't responding at all to my private messages, why would you respond if I came up to you face to face? I don't see it as making any difference.

Violence is something which should be discouraged, but as I was roleplaying an aggressive character, it wasn't something that I was unwilling to do at the time. I had already exhausted a few options, and as aforementioned, the government was clearly corrupt, so going to a superior to complain about you would have been fruitless.

I don't really see myself as doing anything wrong in this situation, as I have stated my reasons for the attack in this thread which turn out to be true. Things could have been done differently, but they didn't need to be; part of CityRP is the freedom to choose various actions, with you facing the consequences in character. I took a risk by sniping you whilst you were in the city, as it could have easily resulted in a shootout with the entire police force and SRU team.

Denied

Concluding notes

At this time during the report I'm going to call it a day without actually punishing anyone. What I will say is an ending statement for you both to individually take away.

Sparks: Please be more thorough when demoting people and responding to these types of request. That way your back is covered in future when demoting people if you investigate and communicate with anyone contacting you.

Blazing: Please be more careful when using lethal force. You should explore all routes of communication especially since there were still higher beings in force above Sparks for all of the situations you say happened like the abuse of Police tools and his time as Vice President.