Falcon
(01-09-2019, 06:41 PM)Forgee Wrote: Mark hasn’t joined the server in 6 days, he was not present.

How are you aware that Mark has not joined in 6 days and where is your evidence to prove this? This is a courthouse you're in, evidence is required.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
Hello,

I'd like to deal with this PR as efficiently and effectively as possible with minimum interference- from now on, on this thread please only add solely constructive messages with evidence rather than giving opinions so we can best get through this one.

(Today, 00:15)Falcon Wrote: Wrote:Point A: I don't see how me calling the kid a f*g and a qu*er has anything to do with this PR. I broke no rules in doing so, so you might as well edit your thread removing said accusations.

Starting from the beginning, in this Falcon, Nicholas is speaking to you in an OOC manner mentioning "RDM", which surely should be considered him (his steam profile) speaking rather than his character speaking, which is correct. Due to the fact of him, speaking rather than his character (it's a simple difference to determine by the context of the conversation) you chose to clearly insult him speaking on an OOC matter by calling him a f*g and a qu*er as opposed to if he was speaking in an IC manner. It's a difficult situation to first decipher but I believe that is how it played out. To make it entirely fair and give you the possible benefit of the doubt too, I will inform and discuss with the rest of the team before reaching a final verdict.

(Today, 00:15)Falcon Wrote: Wrote:Point B: I didn't RDM him, I was planning on arresting him, he drove away, I fired shots to slow his car. He turned around, driving his car towards the group of people. I took this as a constant threat and I took it upon myself to use lethal force to deter the criminal. If he wanted to RP it out like a player should, he shouldn't be speeding up and down main street in a sports car possibly threatening the lives of pedestrians AND law enforcement officers like myself. 

Nicholas at the moment of your first shooting did not pose any significant if at all violent threat to the general public or you. You are a government worker and thus should keep excess violence to a minimum. Also, a reminder that: 
3.1c As an officer do not shoot vehicles unless lives are at risk, hot pursuit should be the first option.
3.1a Violence should always be the last option. 

From the way the situation seemed to have unfolded Nicholas wasn't being violent in any way. You should have simply got a government vehicle or radioed Police for a vehicle pursuit.
Also Nicholas was, yes driving above a safe speed, but he was doing so ON the road and on the correct side of the road for the most part, in a regular situation you wouldn't shoot at a vehicle for speeding, what makes this situation any different? If you slow down the video and even screenshot it you can see at 1:50 on-wards from the evidence video titled "epic" that he was in fact driving in a straight line on the road, and I'm more than sure this would have been even more visible from your point of view. If you have a recording, it would be perfect to look at. Also at 1:52 he poses no singular threat to your or anyone else's life again, yet you decide to clearly shoot him enough to kill. Violence should always be the last option. 

(Today, 00:15)Falcon Wrote: Wrote:Point E: ........unlike the kid who most likely broke FearRP in this instance. So why don't you take your snitchy attitude to somewhere it can do something productive, such as a PR on Nicholasas for breaking FearRP.

Nicholas never broke FearRP. FearRP was never applied as no verbal or text instructions were given to him for it to apply.

3.5 You must follow FearRP by acting afraid of threatening situations that affect your own or accomplices' lives. To initiate FearRP have a weapon out and give out orders (text or voice). 

I shall await an apply from Falcon.
Narcotic
(01-09-2019, 06:09 PM)mark2766 Wrote: I was there at the time and Nick was being reckless all day letting people surf on his car and speeding down main street and doing handbrake turns into the garage etc, also on a side note Nick is really starting to take advantage of the relationship he has with the mods and admins, he is well known for sucking up to them to get what he wants. For example two days ago he was purposefully running in front of cars and the fire truck then he would go and report it to @huski and he would drop everything he is doing to teleport to the people Nick was screwing with and  would warn them or maybe even blacklist them. There is still footage out there and a admin report of Forgee purposefully telling Nick to break the rules and to let people do something wrong so he could punish them for Nick instead of using his admin powers at the time to stop it before it happens, multiple people confirmed this at the time. Also Forgee at the time abusing admin powers to allow Nick as president to stay on his boat while Nick was president and corrupt and then teleporting anyone away that came near the boat,

Mark2766, you are in no way involved in this case. Your last appearance on the server was 03/JAN/2019 thus making you no way a part of this situation. You will receive a forum ban for 3 months for lying in the courthouse. 
You have been warned for an additional 50% for posting in the courthouse without sufficient rights.
Also making a further point, in Falcon's reply tells him to "shut up you stupid qu*er" when Nicholas is speaking regarding an OOC situation. Falcon has acknowledged he is speaking about something OOC and chose to insult him about that, not anything his character had said. Since Nicholas ONLY spoke about something OOC, nothing else, it's easier to assume that it was an OOC reply compared to if Nicholas was actually engaging in a normal RP conversation and just name drops "RDM" in the middle. Just the fact that that was the only thing Nicholas said so it's not even like Falcon could have been responding to something else.

I will for a final outcome, possibly after Falcon's reply, put this forward with the rest of the team who haven't already viewed it and gain their opinions to and work with the team fully to get the correct, just, outcome.
(01-09-2019, 07:38 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Hello,

I'd like to deal with this PR as efficiently and effectively as possible with minimum interference- from now on, on this thread please only add solely constructive messages with evidence rather than giving opinions so we can best get through this one.

(Today, 00:15)Falcon Wrote: Wrote:Point A: I don't see how me calling the kid a f*g and a qu*er has anything to do with this PR. I broke no rules in doing so, so you might as well edit your thread removing said accusations.

Starting from the beginning, in this Falcon, Nicholas is speaking to you in an OOC manner mentioning "RDM", which surely should be considered him (his steam profile) speaking rather than his character speaking, which is correct. Due to the fact of him, speaking rather than his character (it's a simple difference to determine by the context of the conversation) you chose to clearly insult him speaking on an OOC matter by calling him a f*g and a qu*er as opposed to if he was speaking in an IC manner. It's a difficult situation to first decipher but I believe that is how it played out. To make it entirely fair and give you the possible benefit of the doubt too, I will inform and discuss with the rest of the team before reaching a final verdict.

Throughout the entire event I had been speaking and acting in character, not out of character, and I have been doing that for the majority of my playtime for the passed few days. I had no intention of slandering the player with the derogatory terms that my character used, and the fact that I was in the middle of an IC event, i.e. me walking up to the group of players, demanding they get off the car and me threatening them with arrest, specifically Nicholasas (which can be seen in the video), just goes to show that I had no intention of speaking to anyone out of character. Though it may seem like I was clearly calling the kid a f*g and a qu*er, I had no intention of doing so, in fact my character had been doing a lot of that IC (Which Nicholasas indicated in his post on this thread).

(Today, 00:15)Falcon Wrote: Wrote:Point B: I didn't RDM him, I was planning on arresting him, he drove away, I fired shots to slow his car. He turned around, driving his car towards the group of people. I took this as a constant threat and I took it upon myself to use lethal force to deter the criminal. If he wanted to RP it out like a player should, he shouldn't be speeding up and down main street in a sports car possibly threatening the lives of pedestrians AND law enforcement officers like myself. 

Nicholas at the moment of your first shooting did not pose any significant if at all violent threat to the general public or you. You are a government worker and thus should keep excess violence to a minimum. Also, a reminder that: 
3.1c As an officer do not shoot vehicles unless lives are at risk, hot pursuit should be the first option.

From the way the situation seemed to have unfolded Nicholas wasn't being violent in any way. You should have simply got a government vehicle or radioed Police for a vehicle pursuit.
Also Nicholas was, yes driving above a safe speed, but he was doing so ON the road and on the correct side of the road for the most part, in a regular situation you wouldn't shoot at a vehicle for speeding, what makes this situation any different? If you slow down the video and even screenshot it you can see at 1:50 on-wards from the evidence video titled "epic" that he was in fact driving in a straight line on the road, and I'm more than sure this would have been even more visible from your point of view. If you have a recording, it would be perfect to look at. Also at 1:52 he poses no singular threat to your or anyone else's life again, yet you decide to clearly shoot him enough to kill. Violence should always be the last option. 

In this situation I wouldn't call it violence, I'd call it an attempt to disable a vehicle. I shot at the tires of the vehicle in order to slow it (that's how the mechanic works, unless it was changed). If I were to get into a chase with the player, it would have been futile considering he had been speeding out of the city in a car that was much more fast than any car I could have used, plus if he had sped out of the city there would be no chance of me or any other police officers finding him. So with that in mind I used my P90 to disable the vehicle in the first burst of shooting.

The second burst of shooting where the car was near the Nexus was the same situation. My pure intent was to disable the vehicle, and I hoped that the police officers in and nearby the Nexus would intervene as well. I had no intention of killing the player, only to disable his vehicle.

(Today, 00:15)Falcon Wrote: Wrote:Point E: ........unlike the kid who most likely broke FearRP in this instance. So why don't you take your snitchy attitude to somewhere it can do something productive, such as a PR on Nicholasas for breaking FearRP.

Nicholas never broke FearRP. FearRP was never applied as no verbal or text instructions were given to him for it to apply.

3.5 You must follow FearRP by acting afraid of threatening situations that affect your own or accomplices' lives. To initiate FearRP have a weapon out and give out orders (text or voice). 

In this instance I had my P90 out and I said over voice chat that he was going to jail. My handcuffs were out as well, and context should clue in that my intent was to detain the suspect. In my opinion he was under FearRP.
(01-09-2019, 08:41 PM)Falcon Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 07:38 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Hello,

Throughout the entire event I had been speaking and acting in character, not out of character, and I have been doing that for the majority of my playtime for the passed few days. I had no intention of slandering the player with the derogatory terms that my character used, and the fact that I was in the middle of an IC event, i.e. me walking up to the group of players, demanding they get off the car and me threatening them with arrest, specifically Nicholasas (which can be seen in the video), just goes to show that I had no intention of speaking to anyone out of character. Though it may seem like I was clearly calling the kid a f*g and a qu*er, I had no intention of doing so, in fact my character had been doing a lot of that IC (Which Nicholasas indicated in his post on this thread).

In this situation I wouldn't call it violence, I'd call it an attempt to disable a vehicle. I shot at the tires of the vehicle in order to slow it (that's how the mechanic works, unless it was changed). If I were to get into a chase with the player, it would have been futile considering he had been speeding out of the city in a car that was much more fast than any car I could have used, plus if he had sped out of the city there would be no chance of me or any other police officers finding him. So with that in mind I used my P90 to disable the vehicle in the first burst of shooting.

The second burst of shooting where the car was near the Nexus was the same situation. My pure intent was to disable the vehicle, and I hoped that the police officers in and nearby the Nexus would intervene as well. I had no intention of killing the player, only to disable his vehicle.

In this instance I had my P90 out and I said over voice chat that he was going to jail. My handcuffs were out as well, and context should clue in that my intent was to detain the suspect. In my opinion he was under FearRP.

You attempted to shoot out tires? you gotta be kidding me right? you unloaded a whole p90 mag all over the car that has to be the worst lie i've seen in quite awhile.
The situation will be discussed with the Admin team and hopefully, a verdict will be reached swiftly.

Please avoid any comments on this thread from now on.
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Arguing with staff after having received a warning
(01-09-2019, 09:03 PM)Forgee Wrote: You attempted to shoot out tires? you gotta be kidding me right? you unloaded a whole p90 mag all over the car that has to be the worst lie i've seen in quite awhile.

Maybe you should take into account the fact that there is recoil with weapons on FL, maybe not so much with the P90 but at a distance it can be hard to aim at small tires on a low car. I can see how you wouldn't understand.

Sorry for commenting on my own thread, I can't let this kid talk like this.
(01-09-2019, 10:31 PM)Falcon Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:03 PM)Forgee Wrote: You attempted to shoot out tires? you gotta be kidding me right? you unloaded a whole p90 mag all over the car that has to be the worst lie i've seen in quite awhile.

Maybe you should take into account the fact that there is recoil with weapons on FL, maybe not so much with the P90 but at a distance it can be hard to aim at small tires on a low car. I can see how you wouldn't understand.

Sorry for commenting on my own thread, I can't let this kid talk like this.

I've given you a 10% forum warning. I specifically requested no more comments because the PR comments became more opinions than anything. We have enough evidence to make a decision soon. If you wish to argue, feel free to do so in private messages.

My request still stands.
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
I dont see what Falcon did wrong here