Grow some trees
[Image: Fealess_Dev.png]

I've made a tree growing script. You will soon be able to plant a tree. Let it grow for a while (takes 10 minutes to fully grow) and then you can use the chainsaw to cut the tree. It will give you wood logs depending how long you wait.

The tree grows differently than Weed Pots. It uses Resizer for a very smooth growing process. Every x minute the growing stage changes, and will give you logs accordingly. If you immediately cut it after you plant it, you will not get any logs. If you wait till its fully grown, you will get 5 wood logs. And in between it will give you 2 - 4 wood logs.

After you have cut down the tree, it will leave a stump behind. This stump will dissapear after 10 minutes to keep the map tidy.

You can spawn up to 5 trees. For now, the wood logs can only be used to make a campfire.
And there is no additional content needed. I used props that already exist ingame. So the additional content is 0mb

[Image: zMDW8BO.jpg][Image: ZoKufou.jpg]
[Image: LSFZ03d.jpg][Image: M3Ofr0V.jpg]
[Image: eKz3oDG.jpg]

Ideas to further expand the system:
- Different trees with different kind of wood
- Mixtures that require wood to make items that require wooden parts
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Camping Roleplay just got a neat addition, nice job.
Could you show what the campfire looks like in-game, and does it emit light, too?
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Dimitris
I would love to see more ways to make the tree grow faster, but its a good addition for now.
Damn, that's pretty cool.
Working this into an actual Farming capability would be quite nice, don't think it'll get used too much if it's just for campfires. Nice work though, looks good!
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

(12-29-2018, 03:43 PM)Huskii Wrote: Working this into an actual Farming capability would be quite nice, don't think it'll get used too much if it's just for campfires. Nice work though, looks good!

True, but the base is made. And we can expand it with many features.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Huskii, General Rickets
Not a bad idea. Have you prevented people from placing the trees on roads and on building roofs, etc?
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
I can see many uses for this whether it be camping to conservation RP. I may have to hop on and try out some of these new features.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
oooh this is cool, ive always wanted to be a tree farmer
I wood love to have a go at this!
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • General Rickets