New HUD for CityRP
(12-16-2018, 11:32 PM)Zona Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 09:31 PM)Random Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 09:18 PM)Zona Wrote: Alright,

I've tried to make something new, but I don't know ... Many would say that atleast the speed is taken from LL which I really agree with because I think it looks sexy. I'm not a designer so please state your opinion or leave a like Smile

My biggest concern is that it might be too big

(Icons from https://www.flaticon.com/authors/freepik)

Spoiler :
[Image: SFk6ZtM.png]

The boxes are way too big, I don't like the font either.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll resize it and change the font. Do you have any suggestions for font?

Version 2 here:

Spoiler :
[Image: 5RAVBQT.png]

Also why have a location in bottom left and top right?
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Zona
Think that this would look absolutely dope if done correctly, which I am sure it will be. Personally I think the best HUDs are when they are done clean and not over powering.
The following 1 user Likes Slashy's post:
  • CorieTheNub
Tbh, I think the gui looks kind of cheap.. perhaps follow the theme of the location menu (which I put together) or alter everything so it's a coherent style. Get a designer to do the design maybe :-)
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Zona
I think the current HUD is actually not that bad. Now that we've been thinking of news ways to improve it.

Can it be improved, yes, but would a complete overhaul be an improvement?

I think our current HUD is actually very functional and is like our trademark. Simple and functional.
Maybe it would already be enough to make all the notifications and warnings in the same style.

And replace the low resolution icons with the same icons, but than crystal sharp SVGs.

We're going to replace the HUD using HTML, since the HTML is called in a different process on the CPU, this means there is more calculations available for other game graphics = more FPS.
However, when it comes to the style, I think we should remain with this style and slightly improve it.

Eventhough we have the ability to make something very sleek and modern, would that be an improvement, or would people like the more 'Legacy' look we have currently? I'm interested in your opinion.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 5 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Envy, Jessixa, Zona, Zecon, Eclipze
I'd like to have an option to toggle between legacy and perhaps a more experimental modern look.
Besides that I hope optimization for 1440p etc will be taken into consideration too, as the text bars are currently slightly off when above 1080p resolution.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 4 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Huskii, Wolven, Zona, Eclipze
If you are going to make a new hud, can you make an option to have the current one or new one with like a command called /newhud or something?
The following 4 users Like User 19014's post:
  • Wolven, Sentinel, Zona, Eclipze
A command with switching the two would be appreciated yes, and yes I agree with having a legacy hud. I do have a fair bit of issue with all the modern HUDs around Gmod, but some small improvements to just make it more appealing to our eye would be wise.

My last post was referring to the HUD designs in this current thread
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Zona
(12-17-2018, 12:23 PM)Floodify Wrote: Tbh, I think the gui looks kind of cheap.. perhaps follow the theme of the location menu (which I put together) or alter everything so it's a coherent style. Get a designer to do the design maybe :-)

I do agree with you and the other posts as well ?
[Image: clvck9d.png]
Just a quick idea, Kept the same layout as the current hud just simplified everything and made it easier on the eye.

Instead of having pink text permanently in top left to say you have Kevlar on, maybe just add a simple icon that appears above the health. Could maybe have a temporary notification that appears and says something like "You have equipped a Kevlar Vest which reduces damage by 50%." then disappears after 30s or something.

Did not really know what to do with the location so any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.
In-Game:

Spoiler :
[Image: 9i7wYPK6_o.png]

Blank Background:

Spoiler :
[Image: q7dM7h89_o.png]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 6 users Like Envy's post:
  • Floodify, Lewwings, Zona, Pollux, Spartan_KCT, Eclipze
(12-18-2018, 06:25 AM)Envy Wrote: Just a quick idea, Kept the same layout as the current hud just simplified everything and made it easier on the eye.

Instead of having pink text permanently in top left to say you have Kevlar on, maybe just add a simple icon that appears above the health. Could maybe have a temporary notification that appears and says something like "You have equipped a Kevlar Vest which reduces damage by 50%." then disappears after 30s or something.

Did not really know what to do with the location so any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.
In-Game:

Spoiler :
[Image: 9i7wYPK6_o.png]

Blank Background:

Spoiler :
[Image: q7dM7h89_o.png]

With some few alterations Id say this is the most viable design in terms of keeping with the new style and yet keep the legacy vibe
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Envy, Eclipze