New HUD for CityRP
I'm going to design a new HUD for Fearless using HTML instead of VGUI. This will slightly increase the performance. Also HTML is easy-peasy, a HUD could be made within a few days.

Together with Codebrain I will develop it shortly.

My ideas for the new HUD are to clean it up. A lot of information seen on the screen is not changed, and therefore not needed to be seen constantly. The use of icons instead of icons and text. Everybody would quickly find out the icon functions, the shape of a heart with a ring around it, could be the health indicator for example. 

Let's use high resolution SVG images that will look good on both 1440px and 4K.

I would like to hear your ideas.

These could be the bar icons, these are from Red Dead Redemption 2. This is only an example, and sorry for the low-res picture:

[Image: 82ecd6d142.jpg]

Angry Clean up: 
  • Character name;
  • clan; 
  • description; 
  • RP points;
  • total playtime ;
  • top black information bar
(this info could be seen on the character page)

Love Keep: 
  • Ingame time;
  • job;
  • salary;
  • location;
  • health, stamina, battery, etc
Cowboy Locations of HUD elements:
  • Player info: left bottom
  • Notifications: right top
  • Health bars: right bottom
Drip Goals:
  • Modern look
  • Easy on the eyes: No flashing things
  • Less colorful. The current icons are having many different colors and distract gameplay.
  • Less HUD seen, more seen of the player's view.
  • Make all systems use the same HUD, the F1 menu, the property system etc. Currently it's all slightly different
  • A HUD that would be loved by ya'll.
  • The possibility to switch back 'old-style mode' 

Previous versions:

Current

Spoiler :
[Image: ED6CA15758137C38E79F007C505A0C48149A43D6]

Spoiler :
[Image: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma...olor=black]

2008-2009

Spoiler :
[Image: c7b63309fe.jpg]

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
I like the idea of a redesigned HUD. Could bring a certain freshness to the feel. However it cant be too drastically different as the current simple HUD has quite a nice charm in its simplicity.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 1 user Likes Huskii's post:
  • SoulRipper
(12-13-2018, 02:16 PM)Huskii Wrote: I like the idea of a redesigned HUD. Could bring a certain freshness to the feel. However it cant be too drastically different as the current simple HUD has quite a nice charm in its simplicity.

I agree. It should have a serious look, not arcade.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Red Dead Garry's mod Cheese

Can't wait to see the result.
Great idea to change everything to the same look.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]

(12-13-2018, 02:18 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 02:16 PM)Huskii Wrote: I like the idea of a redesigned HUD. Could bring a certain freshness to the feel. However it cant be too drastically different as the current simple HUD has quite a nice charm in its simplicity.

I agree. It should have a serious look, not arcade.

What's the font currently used for the HUD? I'll try make a mockup of some elements

I agree that the HUD needs updated. I think doing it with HTMl will provide more opportunities for different things and I think it will be more responsive. I suggest;

- Give the player the option to limit what they see on the Screen. This could be a simple setting menu. Long time players will know their 'Roleplay Name', Description and Clan. There is a lot of duplicate data like Number of Hours in the server that shouldn't be duplicated. I think it should just be in a different location. But newer players won't so they may decide to have this information on the screen on the newer hud.

- Definitely, there should be icons to clean up Heath, Stamina,  Battery and ammo. This makes it look much better than the standard bar we have. 

- Options to resize different things. This just gives the player the option to customise how they would like it.
[Image: 19ae0142bb6ffa7096da0c5a398ab914.gif]

Please +REP me if I help'ed you in anyways
i like the current one
señor de los anillos de plata
shitposter a nivel subatómico

Imagen de firma eliminada (demasiado grande) - DVN
Very quick and very rough first mock-up of some elements.

If you like or dislike certain parts explain why and I could make those changes into another mock-up.

[Image: e6mge5Q.png]

The following 2 users Like Huskii's post:
  • Envy, RIC0H
The icons from RDR2, and anything similar to that, wouldn't be fit for CityRP imo.
The following 1 user Likes Eeee394's post:
  • Zona