New HUD for CityRP
(12-14-2018, 01:57 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: As creator of the 2015 hud. I do think it's time to rebrand everything to a new style. Something that matches the name of the community, aswell as the year we live in.

The current hud, is (in my eyes) too childish. Due to the funny icons and lack of content we had back then. And it doesn't match the name "Fearless" at all. Therefore when your have a large name, or large description. Some bars expand out extensively, putting it out of form of the current hud. And I do think it's quite annoying having 2 bars speak out.

Besides that, is the current hud a fps breaker. On poor machines (like my laptop when on the way) does really show the difference of a Lua scripted hud, and a HTML hud

With the optimizations taking place to the gamemode. I think it's a nice idea to rebrand the whole UI to something that matches the name of this community. FEARLESS!

While I'm all for a new HUD, with no disrespect, how does something that so closely resembles the HUD from the other community properly represent FEARLESS? 

I'm nonetheless not saying I dislike the prototype provided, but I think it does not really add up to your reasoning.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 5 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Pollux, Wolven, Eeee394, Spartan_KCT, juicyorange
(12-14-2018, 12:21 PM)Yonno Wrote: Could I request a toggle function to display numbers on the health and stamina bar etc?
This can be useful for some people who want to make the most out of utilizing pharmaceuticals by having more clear textual indicators.

No worries, I'm sure that will be in there.
[Image: 3e62414bb21525c4cd3179b15ed80ebe.png]

Honestly, one of the biggest things that kicks you in the teeth as a developer, is blatantly having front-end design, most likely CSS styling and HTML code (code in the biggest sense) taken, then having it excused with "but you use our code so it's okay." Not only that, but that to be said after huge amounts of the core for CityRP on "another community" been rewritten by talented developers, removing inefficiency, backdoors and poor coding practices which have been used for multiple years, just feels dishonest.

If anyone here, in this team, has any integrity, or any respect for the huge amounts of work that developers put in, paid or not, in this community or others, then really, understand how ripping off other people's work effects people. Make something yourself, which represents your skill and talents, represents your community, and doesn't rip off other people's work.

It's nice to see you interacting with the community, working on your code and developing the gamemode. But doing it like this? We all know you're better than stooping down to this level. There are certain lines which shouldn't be crossed, even between rivals. As a developer, you should understand.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 8 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Pollux, Cameron, Nightmare, Yonno, Eeee394, Vadar, ForceGhost, juicyorange
Both communities are looking at eachother. For example, we've created the Property system at 4th of April, and the 10th of December, a similar community created it.
We have two identical games, that's why ideas hop from one to another. The design is the same, however the coding (opensource fam fam icons, CSS3 and HTML) are all done by CodedBrain himself. You can't simply take the HTML code from a server. We could even provide evidence that it's completely rewritten. Also if the GM core would be that bad, why use that core in the first place.

Let's stop the discussion about this matter and use this thread to discuss the HUD.

Personally I like the theme, I'm also a fan of the Clockwork theme (although could be a little less dark)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMLqtqXQ0M[/video]
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, Jessixa, Divey
(12-14-2018, 02:27 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Both communities are looking at eachother. For example, we've created the Property system at 4th of April, and the 10th of December, a similar community created it.
We have two identical games, that's why ideas hop from one to another.

Let's stop the discussion about this matter and use this thread to discuss the HUD.

Personally I like the theme, I'm also a fan of the Clockwork theme (although could be a little less dark)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMLqtqXQ0M[/video]

If you like the Clockwork theme, then go for it. Use that. If it represents your community better, or you can make something styled off it? Sure. You're taking inspiration from others, rather than ripping off their work wholesale and calling it your own.

The difference between the property systems.
1. Temar had the idea back in 2012. https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10238
We also had a similar suggestion back in 2015. https://***/forums/thread-23861.html

Your argument is that Temar created an idea that Temar wanted to do for 6 years, so that means you can rip other people's code off.

Here's what yours looks like.
[Image: S0ZQKg7.png]
[Image: 6Bo2Ou2.png]
[Image: 3rKIuKe.png]

Here's what "another community" looks like.
[Image: 57e88263f6dfad1c0456aa5d156b452f-png.jpg]
[Image: 1043e42b36a1d3c3ddef8c53459b4f4f-png.jpg]

Completely different designs. Different front-ends. Different code put into them.

For comparison.
Our HUD.
[Image: f1d4fc40f5500e688ccbc3cceddc3633.gif]

"Your" HUD.
[Image: 075ffccc21771c72dc036632d6dc7db3.png]
[Image: d66f3ba3f6fffb3c16ed03c212d33ef8.gif]

Different font (a one line CSS change).
Different icons (one or two words per icon, plus a one line CSS change and <link> if the icon pack got changed)
Forgive me here if it seems a little different between the two situations, yeah?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

The following 8 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Pollux, Cameron, Bambolicious, Noble9, I3o0M, Vadar, ForceGhost, juicyorange
[Image: big_1492819621_image.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Huskii, Luna
As I've said, let's stop about this unnecessary discussion. The feels that you get as developer of the HUD being used, the same feels I have of an entire gamemode being used and many, many of the recent updates reproduced.

Edit: Evidence of an entirely different code can be given (made from scratch). Only the design is used. There's no need for your comparisement, as I've already told that myself.
The following 5 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • De CodeerHeer, aDisabledDeer, sebasti161, Divey, Alphaverse
(12-14-2018, 02:47 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: As I've said, let's stop about this unnecessary discussion. The feels that you get as developer of the HUD being used, the same feels I have of an entire gamemode being used and many, many of the recent updates reproduced.

Edit: Evidence of an entire different code can be given (made from scratch). Only the design is used.

Are you willing to prove that?
Plus, let's be fair here. Most of the code we run has nothing to do with you. It was rewritten years ago.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

The following 2 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Pollux, Vadar
(12-14-2018, 02:50 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 02:47 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: As I've said, let's stop about this unnecessary discussion. The feels that you get as developer of the HUD being used, the same feels I have of an entire gamemode being used and many, many of the recent updates reproduced.

Edit: Evidence of an entire different code can be given (made from scratch). Only the design is used.

Are you willing to prove that?

No problem at all
The following 4 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, De CodeerHeer, Jessixa, Divey
(12-14-2018, 02:27 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Both communities are looking at eachother. For example, we've created the Property system at 4th of April, and the 10th of December, a similar community created it.

Being fair a property system is pretty standard among RP servers like this, It's not an idea unique to FL at all and their execution is different. Having the exact same HUD design is pretty blatant. My point is more this isn't comparable to the property system at all.

On topic however, I also really like nutscript.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Just as disclosure about the hud I happened to recreate.

I did not intended this as replacement of the current hud. I was testing the library I was writing for these new HTML based elements. And happend to recreate a design to test out the features of awesomium and soon coming chromium.

I am however working on several ideas regarding this new hud. And it will not look what has been shown here.
The following 8 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Luna, Ivan Headshotski, Awestruck, Huskii, Pollux, aDisabledDeer, Alphaverse, Edned