Opinions?
I mean its got fuck all to do to with you why DVN isn't active over a certain period of time.

I think its pretty rude to even question it, he could have problems, be busy or anything you just dont know.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Wolven
(12-09-2018, 03:58 PM)perqe Wrote: I mean its got fuck all to do to with you why DVN isn't active over a certain period of time.

I think its pretty rude to even question it, he could have problems, be busy or anything you just dont know.

It's rude to question why a staff member on this server isn't doing what they signed up to do? Oh ok

Spoiler :
Sounding a bit sensitive dawg, calm down. Just a calm discussion. 

The following 2 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • juicyorange, Lewwings
(12-09-2018, 01:36 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Inactivity sometimes happens , it's a voluntary job and we can't expect all admins to be active every day on Fearless.

We need to gather new team members and fast! 9 admins is way too less for a big server like this (although the playerbase is small nowadays).

We need at least 25 admins!
This is not sarcastic, this is serious. With a big admin team we can cover up the inactive periods of some.

That is an incredibly high figure, it would be hard to choose from people who are currently active, not many people seem right for the job; not many people have the time.
I don't think Soul meant that he'd like to recruit 25 admins right now, I think he meant that he thinks the server *needs* 25 admins. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong though
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

I genuinely cannot think of 1 person on this server who should be admin lol, besides some ex-admins.
(12-09-2018, 06:19 PM)Killroy Wrote: I genuinely cannot think of 1 person on this server who should be admin lol, besides some ex-admins.

Now that is part of the issue that we have. Some times it takes risk to gain reward, the risk being promoting players, but the reward being what they can give back to the community.

In regards to promoting ex-admins, whilst they have the expertise and experience, they no longer have that same motivation to strive for success. The vast majority of those resign because they want to move on to bigger and better things. Whether it would be Education, a job or even a family, there is always a reason behind their resignation in the first place. Whilst the risks of putting that kind of power into players hands is quite high, the reward, when its successful, is much greater.

It takes a fresh set of eyes to move forward, to change and to achieve success, and there are some players that I know would undoubtedly work hard to achieve that.
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
[Image: 80160eba90dc860e3332914d146a3b89.png]

Guys why are you so silly, Soul just want to promote entire population of FL so that way Admins will be always on.

No players but admins - No rulebreakages, easy!

[Image: ollesafeee.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Prosto's post:
  • juicyorange, Lewwings, Spartan_KCT
(12-09-2018, 04:22 PM)Killroy Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 03:58 PM)perqe Wrote: I mean its got fuck all to do to with you why DVN isn't active over a certain period of time.

It's rude to question why a staff member on this server isn't doing what they signed up to do? Oh ok

Spoiler :
Sounding a bit sensitive dawg, calm down. Just a calm discussion. 

I just think sometimes its none of our business and everyone has to respect that, plus they didnt sign up for anything its voluntary.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
Perqe, don't be so silly.

He did sign up for this, he was asked, and obviously said "yes", so don't go off saying just because "It's voluntary", he shouldn't be active 24/7, he hasn't been on for a week at all, that's a problem, there's no 2 ways about that.

If he hasn't got the time anymore, he's hogging a space on the team that could go to better use with a new motivated team member.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

I Believe that the whole admin inactivity issue is a rather difficult one. Although I agree with that they have to increase their activity, I do understand the fact that it's a voluntary job. However, I think we should look at the reasons why players are leaving and admins are inactive. It's hard to tackle one problem, if the causing problem still exists. Something really needs to be done to fix this, and I believe good steps are being taken.

Now in regards to DVN. I understand that he might not have time to come online on the server, but I believe you always have time to check on the forums. Personally, I check the forums everyday simply by logging in on my phone. Whilst he may not be able to administrate ingame, he can still administrate on the forums. However I don't think we should target him as we have no clue what's going on. Just let the SA's fix it.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!