Opinions?
https://prnt.sc/lsiuh8
https://prnt.sc/lsiuvg

Whats you guy's opinion on long inactivity without any mention or explanation?
As long as there SAs know what is going on, I don't care
I don't think it is reason to spark a discussion. It is only just coming up to a week now, which is justifiable. I'm sure anymore than that would lead to an explanation from either DVN or an SA.
Not everything has to be explained publically.. If it is something personal then I wouldn't want the whole world to know either.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
Inactivity sometimes happens , it's a voluntary job and we can't expect all admins to be active every day on Fearless.

We need to gather new team members and fast! 9 admins is way too less for a big server like this (although the playerbase is small nowadays).

We need at least 25 admins!
This is not sarcastic, this is serious. With a big admin team we can cover up the inactive periods of some.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, Jessixa, Equinox
(12-09-2018, 01:36 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Inactivity sometimes happens , it's a voluntary job and we can't expect all admins to be active every day on Fearless.

We need to gather new team members and fast! 9 admins is way too less for a big server like this (although the playerbase is small nowadays).

This is not sarcastic, this is serious. With a big admin team we can cover up the inactive periods of some.

frost is perfectly capable of being active everyday
The following 2 users Like konsta's post:
  • John Jong, Alertecobra27
(12-09-2018, 01:36 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Inactivity sometimes happens , it's a voluntary job and we can't expect all admins to be active every day on Fearless.

back to the topic, 9 admins isn't way too less for FL, the problem is the inactivity, if the 9 admins were all active then FL would have no issue. Wanting 25 admins will only make the quality of the staff worse, while we may have a bad one atm we won't know how it will be in the future with this many admins, there could be covert abusers, two faced, obnoxious and power hungry among them, and it won't be a small fraction considering if there will be 25 admins. What FL needs is an active, honest and experienced with both aggressive and passive RP that are loyal and passionate and are willing to take the role. And of course, they will not change as an admin, they need to have a player's mentality that wants to have fun in a game, not an admin mentality that wants only to enforce and show his authority and give out punishments, this way both members and staff can get along and share similarities and it will give this belief that admins are just regular members that are simply volunteering to help, not volunteering for power.
This is how I believe it should be.
The following 4 users Like konsta's post:
  • Lewwings, Wolven, Joe Joe, Envy
(12-09-2018, 01:50 PM)Zombie Wrote:

back to the topic, 9 admins isn't way too less for FL, the problem is the inactivity, if the 9 admins were all active then FL would have no issue. Wanting 25 admins will only make the quality of the staff worse, while we may have a bad one atm we won't know how it will be in the future with this many admins, there could be covert abusers, two faced, obnoxious and power hungry among them, and it won't be a small fraction considering if there will be 25 admins. What FL needs is an active, honest and experienced with both aggressive and passive RP that are loyal and passionate and are willing to take the role. And of course, they will not change as an admin, they need to have a player's mentality that wants to have fun in a game, not an admin mentality that wants only to enforce and show his authority and give out punishments, this way both members and staff can get along and share similarities and it will give this belief that admins are just regular members that are simply volunteering to help, not volunteering for power.

I agree to an extent, with more staff just comes more pisstakers. I say demote the people taking the piss and replace them with people who know what they are doing who have time to dedicate.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • Lewwings
(12-09-2018, 01:50 PM)Zombie Wrote:

9 admins, regardless of activity is too small an amount, @"Zombie".

As SoulRipper said, they can't be expected to be active all the time.
More often than not the server requires more than a single Administrator to be present to deal with the amount of rulebreakage in an relatively quick & effective manner. (especially nowadays)
This is near impossible to achieve with only 9 Administrators, unless they have absolutely nothing else to do in their lives, which I assume everyone does.

An expansion of the current staff team is inevitable and required.
Although I do agree staff inactivity is still an issue and should be worked on in order to improve, my opinion about staff expanding stands.
I've never understood that in a period of over 100 hours, you couldn't find one minute to log on to the forums- not do anything - just log on to show an ounce of care.

Never understood it.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]