UBR: James
Rainbow 
POSTED ON BEHALF OF JAMES

Your name: James

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22027439

Your ban ID: 81521

Banned by: [FL] Awestruck

Reason: ToS

Involved: Me, Awestruck, Sparx, Pollux, John Jong, Alphaverse, Lewwings maybe others (you know if you're involved).

Why we should unban you:

Hi.

Firstly, I'd like to express how this could have been handled a lot better. You banned me from the Discord and forums so I can't defend myself and, on top of that, never even spoke to me so I'm left here trying to figure out what I'm trying to argue for here, so, for this unban request, I'm going to assume you're talking about the so-called "backdoor" that was on the server.

Last night, I was in a Discord with a few people including Pollux. Pollux brought up the fact that I still had malicious code on the server which surprised me (everyone there can confirm that). He also told me that it automatically bans you if you try to use it, so I brought it upon myself to go in chat and tell people to type the command - I apologise for that, I can see that it was wrong of me to do so, but I don't think that's what the ban reason is for. I think the ban is here because it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Let's quickly just go back a few months. A few months ago, you discovered that I had some malicious code in the server and, following your confrontation, I promptly removed it. Not long after that, I resigned and stopped playing the server (along with all of my friends too). There's two important points here: 1) I couldn't have abused that exploit because me nor my friends actually played the server and 2) I didn't know it was still in the code in the first place. Don't you find it weird that nobody got banned from the code that Pollux put in? It's because nobody knew about it and nobody used it. I do apologise for it being in there, but, in my head, I was certain that it didn't exist anymore meaning that it was never abused by anyone. You can ask people who were present in the Discord about how surprised I was to learn that this code still existed (John Jong, Pollux, Alphaverse, Lewwings). Keeping in mind that I don't really know these guys that well, they have no reason to back my case so they're unbiased witnesses.

There's not much more I can say on this matter, but I would like to hear from you, Awestruck, as you haven't tried to talk to me about this at all and decided to jump to conclusions. I'm still not entirely sure if this is the actual ban reason. Please leave a response and don't instantly deny the thread because I've been silenced enough as it is. Thank you for reading and I am sorry for the inconveniences caused.
[Image: ASJxGx6.png]
Signature made by meisterfinncoonlon, demoted trial admin 
I had planned to talk to you about it before I banned you, until this incident happened. You're correct in saying that this block of code should not have been present in the first place. Which is why you were banned. Other occurances as you have stated in regards to allowing your friends access to certain admin features was taken into consideration. This incident was isolated from that therefore was used against you.

When you become Developer you are entrusted with access to the gamemode to make it better for the community, not use it for your own personal gain.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
I am really confused at this point because I genuinely removed the code before I was confronted about it. Why would I leave malicious code in the GM while I was being confronted about it? The code was part of the admin features backdoor, so it would have been removed with it.

Can you check when it was created? Literally anyone could have put that back in - maybe a mistake such as rolling back files, I'm not sure. While yes, I did write the original one, I am certain that I removed it.

Other than that, I'm just going to re-iterate that nobody I played with nor myself actually played to actually abuse the exploit in the first place. And, like I said, I literally did not know it was there - ask the people who heard my reaction to it in the Discord. Surely I would've got caught out by the anti-cheat if I'd have been abusing it.
[Image: ASJxGx6.png]
Signature made by meisterfinncoonlon, demoted trial admin 
Alright, James.

Looking back at the time you were confronted, we explicitly asked if you had any other backdoors, you stated "no I haven't. Promise."

[Image: b25f678b906d6af1b95ac5a9fbc8aebf.png]

Your first backdoor was found in the ticket system plugin. This backdoor in question, was found in the weapons holster add-on.

Denied
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]