What do you guys think + or - ?
(11-15-2018, 04:28 PM)Rookie (Isaac) Wrote: I'd just mention that the server has had trends like that before, the player base has always picked it back up again

I don't think the trends went on for this long, nor did they dip this low. Again, I can't say for sure without the longer internal graphs which I doubt will be provided to us. However, I do think there's enough data to at least question what's going on.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-15-2018, 04:29 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:28 PM)Rookie (Isaac) Wrote: I'd just mention that the server has had trends like that before, the player base has always picked it back up again

I don't think the trends went on for this long, nor did they dip this low. Again, I can't say for sure without the longer internal graphs which I doubt will be provided to us. However, I do think there's enough data to at least question what's going on.

August was a hell of a lot worse
[Image: hyPcnFC.png]
(11-15-2018, 04:31 PM)Rookie (Isaac) Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:29 PM)Pollux Wrote:

August was a hell of a lot worse

Would you not agree that these dips are happening more often though, even if they're "temporary"? It does feel like they are way more frequent.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
That would only reinforce the view that Gmod is dying, Fearless was dipping in the low 20s at one point
Surprisingly during the summer with that whole ‘no admins being present in the server issue’, there were way more people on the server. FL is mainly losing clan activity, I still remember a year ago when clans were very active, and I really enjoyed myself in Chi No Hebi but then that was closed some time later and then a shit load of other passive and aggressive rp clans closed and it became dead, except for Crimson Order, sometimes they do stuff if they feel like it’s the right decision to make. Gmod isn’t really dying I mean we literally we thousands of people from across the globe playing darkrp servers and other shit.

I don’t think advertising may help, the server needs something that would interest the player.

What we could try is maybe the new content on FL will give new players something to do instead of minging around, just like regulating a huge crowd in real life by occupying them with something of interest. I joined FL because I had a huge interest in police roleplay.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(11-15-2018, 04:34 PM)Rookie (Isaac) Wrote: That would only reinforce the view that Gmod is dying, Fearless was dipping in the low 20s at one point

The graph I showed earlier proved that gmod isn't really "dying" though, this one: 

[Image: 36eBTEs.png]

Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/4000#All
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-15-2018, 04:35 PM)Lt. Jeff Wrote: Surprisingly during the summer with that whole ‘no admins being present in the server issue’, there were way more people on the server. FL is mainly losing clan activity, I still remember a year ago when clans were very active, and I really enjoyed myself in Chi No Hebi but then that was closed some time later and then a shit load of other passive and aggressive rp clans closed and it became dead, except for Crimson Order, sometimes they do stuff if they feel like it’s the right decision to make. Gmod isn’t really dying I mean we literally we thousands of people from across the globe playing darkrp servers and other shit.

I don’t think advertising may help, the server needs something that would interest the player.

What we could try is maybe the new content on FL will give new players something to do instead of minging around, just like regulating a huge crowd in real life by occupying them with something of interest. I joined FL because I had a huge interest in police roleplay.

To help with the staff issue I did release FLAMS, which seemed to have helped a lot (especially with prop pushing). It's just it's hard to tell what the community wants these days. For example I only knew the staff thing was a big issue due to how vocal people were on discord and the forums. While I was Dev I really wanted another community survey, even if it's just development related, to get a feel of what the community wants. I think a survey is the best way of getting this information at least and we should really have another one.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
That graph is literally showing a slight downward trend, I reckon it probably matches the FL one
(11-15-2018, 04:10 PM)Forgee Wrote: FL isnt dying, Gmod is dying.

Just look at the Server charts and Gmod charts before you say this.
Fearless has been gradually dying out, there's no denying it.
The following 3 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Pollux, Lewwings, Grunt
(11-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Rookie (Isaac) Wrote: That graph is literally showing a slight downward trend, I reckon it probably matches the FL one

It's way too minor to blame the player count decrease to Garry's mod "dying", as if you zoom in a bit more it does seem to be a trend related to it being a weekday. On weekends there is a spike in the amount of people playing Garry's mod, something which isn't being reflected recently in the chart I provided.

Here's the last 30 days for both FL and Garry's Mod:

[Image: Wgt5kFd.png]

[Image: SMJ02gy.png]

Note: I think the drops to 0 are the steam updates (where it goes offline once a week), ignore it.

I don't really think there's enough of a correlation here to blame it on Garry's mod.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork