Poll: What option would you prefer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Option 1
60.00%
12 60.00%
Option 2
15.00%
3 15.00%
Option 3
25.00%
5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remove/alter the way voice channels work
Title of suggestion: 

Remove/alter the way voice channels work

Description: 

There's multiple options to consider here: 
  1. The discord bot could be coded so that it can create a temporary voice channel for you, removing itself once everyone has left it.

2. Simply remove all user & staff created personal voice channels and stick to public voice channels.

3. The server provides us with a certain amount of public voice channels, onto which you can temporarily claim ownership over the channel.
    Thus being able to lock/unlock the channel, etc.. Basically giving you full ownership until you leave it.
Why: 

Because as it stands now, voice channels are only very rarely being used.
Just for the record I cannot guarantee I can get temporary channels working.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
+support for option one, if it's possible to code something like that.

From what I've seen from doing channel purges, most channels get removed and only about half or 1/3 of channels that people wish to keep are actually used often, so there are a lot of channels that aren't being used. Also, people request channels that they abandon after a while or never actually use. It's hard to keep track of this as well, as there are no channel logs to check if a certain channel has been used or not.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
+support
Kind regards,
Weezy

[Image: X8prSQG.jpg]

(11-01-2018, 05:26 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: +support for option one, if it's possible to code something like that.

From what I've seen from doing channel purges, most channels get removed and only about half or 1/3 of channels that people wish to keep are actually used often, so there are a lot of channels that aren't being used. Also, people request channels that they abandon after a while or never actually use. It's hard to keep track of this as well, as there are no channel logs to check if a certain channel has been used or not.

It's been my personal experience the [Keep] system isn't as effective as it should be, this was already the case back in 2016 when I tried this method, this all due to the nature of people wanting to keep their channels regardless of whether or not they actually use it.

I don't see that changing anytime soon or ever for that matter.
Something needs to be done about it regardless.
-support why is it a problem, there is no harm in keeping them
+support
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-01-2018, 05:39 PM)Coffee Wrote: -support why is it a problem, there is no harm in keeping them

That's just a lazy attitude.
There's no harm in alot of things, thus you shouldn't try to improve upon them?

I hope you realise that's exactly what you're saying.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • Dimitris
+support would be a great feature if this was added, it kinda cleans up discord as well for option 1
Neutral, I think the customisablilty is cool with the current custom channels and that’s what I think most people like about them! So unless with the bot it makes the channel and you then have full permissions over it then I will lean more towards a + but I’m currently still neutral. The channels that are there and then when someone joins and it becomes their own would be quite hard imo due to having to make the bot look at the channels 24/7 waiting for someone to leave and join is quite frankly pointless.

If anything happens I think it would most likely be the commanded temp channels with full perms over it.