Lack of Roleplay?
Hello JackZ,

Not everyone on the server was affected by the absence of teachers as there is always volunteers out there that want to make the server enjoyable to the rest of the community. I've taught people how to do AggRP and he basics and they always go through pretty well.

Hopefully time foretells when I can do a full on passive RP with newbies as I'm not an expert at passiverp but it'll be fun supervising the people and answering their questions regarding the roleplay basics, etc.

You are certainly not bullshitting when you mention staff not fitting a large role model, there are very few staff as most resigned or was demoted. If you remember MasterNoda, he did a zombie spider or whatever the fuck it was at lake and I was a cop and he ate me up and every 10 minutes I went back with backup and he absolutely annihilated us with those spider Jaws and after that I started begging him through pms and shit to do it again as he made my day something to certainly remember.

That's all.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
The following 2 users Like Jeffrey's post:
  • JackZ, Weezy_
Hey there, JackZ. 

As a seasoned roleplayer I'd like to point out the time of year does truly affect the amount of roleplayers available. Think of exams, holidays, vacations etc. So that is where my idea comes from. Odd you couldn't figure such out! 

I have the feeling you have a disliking towards how things are currently done in the staff team. You make it seem as if the staff has had no roleplay for the past year! Which I find quite funny in fact. 
I have seen a few roleplay recently.

I advice you to look at yourself however. Be the person that helps others with their roleplay and guide them through the learning process. It's fairly simple as you stated; you have done it before. Do you feel the need to have a special rank for it? Surely not. 

To conclude this reply I'd like to advise you to bring some suggestions on how you thonk you can improve the roleplay situation on Fearless. I hear a lot of complaining though no solutions!

I wish you the best of luck!
tbh I do not care that much to read all the replies but in my opinion, the server is going downwards, Yes dying. All the actual RPers are leaving.
Kind regards,
Weezy

[Image: X8prSQG.jpg]

(10-13-2018, 04:11 PM)JackZ Wrote: From what i've heard, actual roleplay on the server has completely deteriorated and there's a severe lack of good roleplay.

I started to experience this a while back with meeting new people who could not progress their roleplay skill due to a lack of role models to teach them how to properly do it.

For me, this is most likely because of the absence of most of the original roleplayers on FL, their absence is mostly due to bans or just lost interest but i feel as if there's a few other reasons why roleplay has dropped in quality.

I've mentioned some commonly noted 'causes' for the lack of quality roleplay in the community, What do you guys think?

Reason. A - The Absence of Teachers.

Reason. B - Lack of old members of the community that most likely taught anybody who is currently good at roleplaying in the community how to.

Reason. C - No community-wide drive to roleplay good or to a high standard due to lack of reward or lack of notice from staff to get a better reputation in the community.

Reason. D - The fault lies in the staff, they should roleplay more in game to be a role model and teach new people to roleplay. Or is this a teachers job that can no longer be properly done due to the removal of the official rank?

I've never agreed more with you tbh.
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • JackZ
(10-13-2018, 10:33 PM)KimmyPanda Wrote: Hey there, JackZ. 

As a seasoned roleplayer I'd like to point out the time of year does truly affect the amount of roleplayers available. Think of exams, holidays, vacations etc. So that is where my idea comes from. Odd you couldn't figure such out! 

I have the feeling you have a disliking towards how things are currently done in the staff team. You make it seem as if the staff has had no roleplay for the past year! Which I find quite funny in fact. 
I have seen a few roleplay recently.

I advice you to look at yourself however. Be the person that helps others with their roleplay and guide them through the learning process. It's fairly simple as you stated; you have done it before. Do you feel the need to have a special rank for it? Surely not. 

To conclude this reply I'd like to advise you to bring some suggestions on how you thonk you can improve the roleplay situation on Fearless. I hear a lot of complaining though no solutions!

I wish you the best of luck!

'Exams, vacations, holidays etc' never before affected the state of roleplay?

Also you're truly uneducated about my relationship with the staff team.

I literally have no quarrel with anybody in the staff team. The person that banned me for a year i am actually friends with, i don't expect bias from any friends in the staff team. 

I'm not required to help anybody, i am not apart of a voluntary staff team that has taken it upon themselves to conduct a job a few are improperly doing, not due to a lack of skill, but due to a lack of motivation and activity.

You aren't a seasoned roleplayer at all, you joined in 2016 which was a time where points were as easy to get as water in the ocean.

Please stop making uneducated conclusions before reviewing a situation properly.
I find this topic interesting, going to give my say.

I've had 5 Rp points in a time where Rp points where not as easy to get.
I led a lot of roleplays and tried to promote roleplay.
I think if Teachers still existed I would still be playing and I would be passionate to promote roleplay.
Don't get me wrong I tried to help bring people together to rp, but near the end every single rp was ruined by someone breaking the rules, e.g. killing us all lol.
I put this in my good bye thread, "FL has changed, people no longer rp as much as they used to, it just feels overly mingey to me.
I myself get tempted to stray into the prop smash wwe finisher fun.".

I'm in no way the best roleplayer, I spent 500 of my hours being a dick, but I changed and began to love passive rp.
I actually found inspiration from Divey tbh, he was a role model in terms of roleplay.
His gameshow rp video inspired me to try out my own, mine didn't go too well aha.

I think Never Alone is the best chance the community has of inspiring others to rp again. (Think grape is in charge now, so I hope he has the time to push FL).

I was planning a few large events before I left, if anyone wants to take them on then get in touch.

I'd love to see other staff become the role model Divey was to me in terms of inspiring roleplay.

Despite all the negativity surrounding me I still had the goal of improving FL.
Please bring teachers back.
I believe we should make a petition and if 500 people sign it then you bring back teacher.

Fair deal?

Also I feel like I spoke about myself a bit too much, just trying to get across that I have experienced everything FL has to offer and I've been that kid who purposely minged, I changed because of people like Lesanka and Divey.
The following 2 users Like Aspire's post:
  • JackZ, Jessixa
Aspires mentioned idea to me is a good one.

I like community input and the idea that the staff don't control everything that happens with the server.

The reintroduction of teacher or another rank re brand of teacher would be great.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Weezy_
We need MasterNoda he's the main guy
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
Whilst reading through the above replies, there are many things that could do with changing, and these changes need to happen on an urgent level.

A reintroduction of Teacher/Updated Rank - This is a good idea, the rank should not have been removed to begin with.

'The staff have quite a lot on their plate' - You're right, and in that case we need to get a bigger plate. Promote more staff. And like the Event Manager/Clan Officer/Ranks. Give each staff a responsibility on their own. Whether it is to monitor a certain subsection on the forums, Off-Topic/Discussions/Player Report (because they haven't been touched for a while) or Help & Support (it has hardly been touched since the removal of teachers. Some threads remained open since July!)

'Pointing fingers at the staff' - This is where our views conflict. Ever since I have started working in an IRL job, it has made me realize that sometimes it takes a customer (the community) to complain so that I (or the staff) get a kick up the backside from the Manager. However, the manager (SAs) simply do not have enough presence whatsoever to do this, leading a staff team whom feel that they are uncontrolled. This is where part of the issue lies. The staff team simply have no motivation or enthusiasm to continue this day in day out. And I'm not saying that they need to be on every day, but one day a week, or less, simply does not cut it. I'm not trying to dig at anyone here in particular, but it seems select members of the.community have a solution to this ongoing issue, and perhaps they are the members that need to be considered for higher roles.

//phone
Hey. It's me again! 

Lovely to see we all have different views on the matter and let me clear a few things out. I have been roleplaying for 6 to 7 years now so I think I know a thing or two about roleplay and what can affect it. 

I truly don't think there is a need for a special rank such as teacher again. If everyone just put effort into helping each then we would not have this issue. 

Is it truly needed to be a teacher to resolve this issue?
Would it not feel more rewarding if you did help without wanting some extra "power"?

I'm looking forward to the replies!