The staff team
(10-10-2018, 08:45 PM)Divey Wrote: JackZ, congratulations on being promoted to moderator!

Thank you, i will not disappoint.
(10-10-2018, 09:17 PM)Divey Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 08:49 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: Also me

Although, how does this help, Divey? You'll find out when you open applications. ;)

Because we're always on the look out for new staff members and are quite eager to find some new ones right now. I haven't really read to deeply into this thread and all the comments that have resided within it but from what I can tell there is a demand for staff members to be sorted out (as there has always been) and for new members to be brought in. We've recently let in a lot of Veterans as they've shown interest and of course they know what we're doing - That's not to say we don't want to see fresh faces. We really do. People see what they want to see in terms of indoctrination to the team. People assume staff members suggest fellow staff members but really that isn't the case. We're fortunate enough now to have a team who genuinely all gets on and from someone who has been here for multiple years I can disclose that it hasn't always been the case - So no wonder it may appear quite cliquey from an outside perspective. We don't want it to be that way and perhaps we need to be more conscious of that fact. But to say we simply only let in our friends is something not entirely fair and something I particularly keep notice of. There has been so many examples of people who were wild cards who weren't entirely known. NJPerry for starters, TheSiphon, I could go on. And that's not to say that staff members friends is a particular good thing, if you're friends with a staff member then perhaps you will have more light to your potential - However you've got to prove yourself to the plethora of other staff members as well. The team isn't one brute force, we all have different tastes in people and so of course we're not all going to be yes men to each others beliefs.
In conclusion, the point I was trying to make by my post was that everyone is a candidate, everybody. To become an actual GOOD candidate is to be someone who is mature and has a good knowledge of the rules. It's really that simple. If you want some tips and tricks, feel free to have conflicting opinions with staff - staff have conflicting opinions with fellow staff behind the scenes sometimes, but just be civil in your discussions.

Can i put my name forward for staff please? : ^ )
(10-04-2018, 09:38 PM)Aryen Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 06:53 PM)DVN Wrote: So.. you want to apply for staff?

No lmao? What part of what you read said that I wanted to become staff..? I barely even see you ingame so you don't even have an idea of what happens on a daily basis. That's why we need more staff, so we can actually play

Nah I understand sorry this was a bad joke from me trying to lighten the mood. I've never said anything about my activity and I have my reasons for not being online as much as I used to be. I'm trying to find the time to get on though and we should start seeing new faces join the team very soon enabling us to cover a variety of hours during the day when people hop on and off. I don't have a huge issue with applications but I still wouldn't say we NEED them as such.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Jessixa, Wolven, Aryen
New faces in the team?
You have a huge staff team....
No offence but you should sort out activity of the current team before you bring more in.
(10-10-2018, 10:33 PM)Aspire Wrote: New faces in the team?
You have a huge staff team....
No offence but you should sort out activity of the current team before you bring more in.

Why not kill 2 birds with one stone?

We're working to improve activity personally one by one with guidance from SA's. We are reminded when our activity drops to an inadequate level as we are aware of the responsibility when taking on this role therefore should make time to hop on the server when we can. This is again being worked on but why not also introduce new people into the team that can potentially cover for the times the current team can't get on? It works hand in hand, I feel what you're saying is just out of spite of the current team and doesn't really make much sense.

Translation of what you said: 'Why get new people that will be more active on the team because you guys are inactive so you guys need to be more active then get more active people online'. Read what you're saying, it makes 0 sense.

EDIT: This teams actually not that big at all lmao
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Jessixa
3 SA 11 Admins and 2 TA's
That sounds massive to me.

Dvn I feel like your tone is disgusting.

I'm not commenting out of spite?

When a business has failing staff they must work out why they failed.
Was the failure due to negligence?
Was it down to the training they received?

My comment works hand in hand with the previous comments on the fact that some staff are brought in too quickly.

You clearly are not trained on what is expected of yourself.

Admins are active people.
Ex admins aren't active staff.

No offence but if you aren't active you don't fucking deserve the rank.
That's not even aimed at you, it is aimed at everyone who isn't doing their bit.

There's a lot of different elements to the staff team I will never understand, but in my mind all staff should be pulling their weight.

Some may be active behind the scenes, this is impossible to see...

Enlighten us.

Smile
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • MrFinnConlon
(10-10-2018, 10:48 PM)Aspire Wrote: snip

I think if anything it's your attitude that is just annoying and disgusting. You have no neutral way of typing do you?
What you're trying to say, is that there are a lot of staff in comparrison to the active playerbase on a daily basis within the servers, however all concurrent staff still fail to stay active which is why they require to take onboard additional staff as through the previous months, despite what they have been saying, they have not dealt with the issue of inactivity
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
From my personal experience over the past time, I believe we need staff members that are actively promoting roleplay and taking down mingery.
One of the issues the server currently has (from my personal experience and other people's experience) is that it is hard to roleplay or play on it due to the massive mingery that happens very frequently. Unfortunately, this ruins my experience nearly every time I get online. 
Lately, I've seen amazing roleplays every time I join but they're abrupted by minges nearly always. 
I believe this is one of the challenges that the staff NEEDS to address.
The team already took a good step in the right direction by introducing FLAMS, which is something I'm excited about and I know will bring much needed change.

In addition, I believe it is good that the SAs are looking for new staff. However as said before the current staff team should improve their activity to maintain a good administration on the server. If there are both new admins and the current ones become active I believe the status of the server will heavily improve!
In addition, I believe that some of the staff members should take a look at their priorities and their position within the community as I believe there are improvements that can be made. I won't specifically name anyone as I don't want this to be a targeted reply, it's just not necessary.

One issue that I have with the current staff team is that for a lot of people (including me), most of them are unreachable. It is very sad and frustrating to see that a request I made 3 months ago is never even looked at or replied to.
They probably have good reasons not to look or reply at their PMs, but the image it portrays is as if the admins are not interested in the community which is very harmful in my opinion. This is something I think the team NEEDS to improve because unfortunately it looks very ignorant and uncaring although I know that it is not meant like that.

And last but not least, the player and staff reports need to be dealt with. Lately a lot reports have remained untouched which really surprised me. Please assign someone to deal with them as that (once again unfortunately) looks like the staff doesn't care about reports. This creates an environment we don't want in my opinion.

Thank you for reading this extensive post and I'm more than happy to have a good discussion about the above mentioned points.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 2 users Like Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Jessixa, Pollux
I love how certain people speak as if they know anything about being a staff member. The only ones who truly understand what it is like are Ex Staff members.. Even so, the staff team is constantly changing in ways I can not discuss.. so really, only the current staff team knows what it is like at this very moment.

As for when it comes to activity, yes, it can be poor at times, but keep in mind; they are not machines. There are duties to be done in ''the real world'' that sometimes (Often) overshadows FL. I can simply speak for myself, but sometimes FL would be a little bit much to focus on, in comparison to all the more important stuff that is going on in my life right now (hence why I resigned..) I can see why the staff is inactive, it is not easy. Does that mean they should resign? No.

I believe in the staff team. Constantly bringing up the activity issue is pointless, it has been said a million times already. Give it time.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
If you are referring to me, I have to disagree with you. I've never stated that I know what it is like to be a staff member. I've just told what I think about the whole situation.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!