The staff team
I think discussions like this really are a necessity for the longevity of Fearless as a community.

Players wouldn't make these threads/ post in these threads if they weren't concerned with how the server as a whole is/ is going. They want to be able to come onto the server, and play with their mates and roleplay; currently that's where people are having issues, they feel like they cannot roleplay properly because the server is being mismanaged and staff aren't as active as they ought to be.

These sort of threads, while they do definitely have their negatives, also offer definite founded constructive criticism on the server and staff team alike. This is the type of dialogue the staff team need to listen to and seriously think about, more so the Supervising Admins but Admins all the same.

If you have a player base with the seemingly common opinion on the current state of the server and staff team then there is obviously something that needs to be done better - In this case it's largely based around staff activity, which I'm sure no staff member will disagree when I say it's been much lower than it should be in these past months.

So the question really is, what are the staff team doing to proactively correct these issues with admin activity levels and the current level of mass rule breakage on the server accompanying those inactive times?
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 5 users Like Huskii's post:
  • Bobby, Jessixa, aDisabledDeer, Grunt, BasicallyMental
(10-23-2018, 02:07 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 06:39 AM)Nudelhollz Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 11:04 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 09:55 PM)Nudelhollz Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
-snip-

Some people can find time to do both. Just because someone wants to roleplay doesn't mean they have to leave an earned role on the server. my previous point stands they can still find time to do both too. If they don't respond to an @ call then they can simply ask the player to post a PR, thus reserving the evidence for later review. The excuse that some people don't have recording software is a joke, there are plenty of good free options for making it possible to record highlights and playbacks etc...

Your point about wanting to roleplay doesn't mean they have to leave an earned roleplay makes absolutely 0 sense Zulu. The whole point in an administrator being on the server is not for them to just come on once a month to do a half an hour roleplay then leave again, the whole point in them being in the position they are in and having the title the possess is to help look after the server and respond in-game. What would be the point in having adminstrators in the servers if all we were told to do was to post a PR? Also, the point in a PR is for it to be dealt with ASAP as someone was unavailable in-game or didn't have the sufficient evidence in-game, not for it to be looked over and dealt with nearly two months later. The fact the PR section has grown to 2 pages, soon to be 3, is a disgrace.

(10-23-2018, 02:10 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 11:28 AM)Nudelhollz Wrote: -snip-
What you are not taking into account here is that some of the staff members have lives, maybe their timezones do not match up with yours, disallowing them to come on when you are on.

You sound exactly like them with the pathetic excuse of some people have lives. If you have so much of a life you need to give up your position in the server as you cannot fulfil it. The team signed up to become a staff member knowing they would have to dedicate some of that life to administrating the server, forums and Discord however this is a rare occasion where this takes place. If they want that all so precious life then leave the position of staff on this server because they're taking up a space someone else could fill, someone who would actually do the job.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Lewwings
(10-23-2018, 11:28 AM)Nudelhollz Wrote: If the so called motivated staff don't come on anyway what's the difference?
What you are not taking into account here is that some of the staff members have lives, maybe their timezones do not match up with yours, disallowing them to come on when you are on.

Well there is a difference between not being on when I'm on and not being on at all which is what a lot of them do.
(10-22-2018, 11:04 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 09:55 PM)Nudelhollz Wrote: Do Staff want to enforce the rules or roleplay, if second is true they should become normal players fcking easy to think of solution

They can do both but it is harder when there is only one staff member on. however, there is usually more than one staff member on when the RPs really start to happen. They can do both but the RPs would be a bit patchy forcing them to assume secondary roles in RPs instead of leadership.

Why not just leave the staff team if they care about roleplay sorry but it's a job

Some people can find time to do both. Just because someone wants to roleplay doesn't mean they have to leave an earned role on the server. my previous point stands they can still find time to do both too. If they don't respond to an @ call then they can simply ask the player to post a PR, thus reserving the evidence for later review. The excuse that some people don't have recording software is a joke, there are plenty of good free options for making it possible to record highlights and playbacks etc...

You don't earn it, you volunteer and if you are accepted it is because you are trusted enough and have good things in past. Disregarding rest because all based on assumption of what I think. The problem is not a lot do both and if you can't do the role as a moderator of the server then they can leave it isn't a big deal
Zulu, please actually know what you are talking about.

Firstly, and I'm getting sick of saying this now, yes they have lives, but that does not mean that they cannot come on and fulfil their role for even half an hour, did you even play back in August? There was no staff for hours on end, and no, not because they have "lives", but because they were lazy, it does not take 1 month and beyond to be too busy with "life", alongside the rest of your team.

As for "just go post a PR", do you live under a rock? PR section is a fucking mess, half the time no-one bothers their arse to clean it up.

What boils my blood though, is that us "normal" players suffer with our PRs being unconcluded. Yet (and I hate to make an example but) when Lesanka makes a PR, within 10 minutes if not less, Divey (her friend) swoops in to conclude it and issue a punishment, if only he could bother his hole to do that with a few other PRs.

/rant over

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Divey, Aryen
Can we all stop crying thx
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
Zulu, just because you know you're wrong does not mean we are "hostile". It more means that you need to open those eyes of yours.

(10-23-2018, 04:20 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 04:19 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: Zulu, just because you know you're wrong does not mean we are "hostile". It more means that you need to open those eyes of yours.

This is a heavily opinionated discussion which you need to respect, it's a discussion for a reason there are no "wrong" answers in here.

I do respect it. However labelling us "hostile" and unable to take an opposing opinion is flat out silly.

As for this discussion, there are facts to it. Don't even try to say the staff team are OK right now, they're getting there, but stick your head in the PR section, and you'll understand why the opinion of an "inactive team" exists.

Nah fam, not salty.

If they don't listen, what's the point of all the point of a discussions sub-forum, some of which are directed at staff. Or what's the point of community input or transparency?

Now you go back to that little rock of yours that you clearly live under. Smile

(10-23-2018, 03:51 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 03:20 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 11:04 PM)Zulu Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

Your point about wanting to roleplay doesn't mean they have to leave an earned roleplay makes absolutely 0 sense Zulu. The whole point in an administrator being on the server is not for them to just come on once a month to do a half an hour roleplay then leave again, the whole point in them being in the position they are in and having the title the possess is to help look after the server and respond in-game. What would be the point in having adminstrators in the servers if all we were told to do was to post a PR? Also, the point in a PR is for it to be dealt with ASAP as someone was unavailable in-game or didn't have the sufficient evidence in-game, not for it to be looked over and dealt with nearly two months later. The fact the PR section has grown to 2 pages, soon to be 3, is a disgrace.

(10-23-2018, 11:28 AM)Nudelhollz Wrote: -snip-

You sound exactly like them with the pathetic excuse of some people have lives. If you have so much of a life you need to give up your position in the server as you cannot fulfil it. The team signed up to become a staff member knowing they would have to dedicate some of that life to administrating the server, forums and Discord however this is a rare occasion where this takes place. If they want that all so precious life then leave the position of staff on this server because they're taking up a space someone else could fill, someone who would actually do the job.

I think I will leave out on this "discussion" the hostility is turning it into an argument.

I don't see where the argument here is but okay Disappointed
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]