Semi serious?
(09-29-2018, 03:26 PM)Sparx Wrote: Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that we absolutely do care about the state of the server. I don't speak for everyone on the SA team of course, however personally I've been very busy with sixth form starting again recently, so I apologise if it seems like I'm not doing anything. We're constantly discussing ideas and I assure you that having read this thread, all your concerns have been noted and all your suggestions will be explored as possibilities within the team. Clearly there is a general feeling that the community is not being listened to, and I hope that in the future we can present some exciting new changes that will change your mind about that. Smile
This guy just doesn't stop discussing your ideas guys.
His family are really worried about him as he even discusses FL in his sleep.

Anyway FL is doing fine, don't  like it? You are always welcome to spend your time on something else.

Yes there are things that FL could do better and naturally it will continue to improve.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 2 users Like MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Lewwings, Zona
(09-29-2018, 06:17 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(09-29-2018, 03:26 PM)Sparx Wrote: Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that we absolutely do care about the state of the server. I don't speak for everyone on the SA team of course, however personally I've been very busy with sixth form starting again recently, so I apologise if it seems like I'm not doing anything. We're constantly discussing ideas and I assure you that having read this thread, all your concerns have been noted and all your suggestions will be explored as possibilities within the team. Clearly there is a general feeling that the community is not being listened to, and I hope that in the future we can present some exciting new changes that will change your mind about that. Smile
This guy just doesn't stop discussing your ideas guys.
His family are really worried about him as he even discusses FL in his sleep.

Anyway FL is doing fine, don't  like it? You are always welcome to spend your time on something else.

Yes there are things that FL could do better and naturally it will continue to improve.

I'm so glad not everyone uses this type of "logic" otherwise nothing would ever improve. What a stupid reply attacking people that actually try to change stuff, unlike you.

If you don't like something you don't instantly leave, you criticize it and try to change it, that's not only how it works on FL, that's how it works in life.
The following 8 users Like Jan's post:
  • Grunt, Agorith, Zona, Lewwings, Archer, Dragnort_, Spartan_KCT, Vimpto

No offense but this general speech has been used countless times on Fearless by many different generations of staff and mostly just for trying to keep up the rep of Fearless and calm its players down even when they're right (I've wrote posts like this before even when it was a lie lel)
The following 3 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Grunt, Zona, Huskii
(09-29-2018, 07:35 PM)Agorith Wrote:

No offense but this general speech has been used countless times on Fearless by many different generations of staff and mostly just for trying to keep up the rep of Fearless and calm its players down even when they're right (I've wrote posts like this before even when it was a lie lel)

I totally get that and even writing it I felt as though it may come off as though we're just trying to cover our backs, which is not in anyway what I had intended. I completely understand if people don't feel that I'm being sincere but I just wanted to assure you guys that we're not ignoring any of the issues that have been brought up here.
The following 1 user Likes [LT] Sparx's post:
  • Zona
(09-29-2018, 08:28 PM)Sparx Wrote:

I totally get that and even writing it I felt as though it may come off as though we're just trying to cover our backs, which is not in anyway what I had intended. I completely understand if people don't feel that I'm being sincere but I just wanted to assure you guys that we're not ignoring any of the issues that have been brought up here.

The Current SA team is one of the worst, of course you have your things on the real world but if you knew you wouldnt be able to upkeep expectations you should not have accepted the position without being able to perform. This is no direct insult but, ALL THREE of you have done nothing that has contributed positively to the community since being promoted. You were promoted on the basis you have been with the team for a long time, this was even stated by Soul himself. You NEED to respect everyone around you and the community and what it is upheld to be before you accept a position. You need to start doing something before you looked like you're here for the rank and the title as many have done before, this is not just restricted to SAs but Adminitrators and TAs included. Again this is reiterated; there are better suited people for your positions right now that would be doing more and setting out an itinerary/plan for us to see rather than winging it as you go which seems to be clear.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 1 user Likes Dragnort_'s post:
  • Envy
(09-29-2018, 09:25 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:

The Current SA team is one of the worst, of course you have your things on the real world but if you knew you wouldnt be able to upkeep expectations you should not have accepted the position without being able to perform. This is no direct insult but, ALL THREE of you have done nothing that has contributed positively to the community since being promoted. You were promoted on the basis you have been with the team for a long time, this was even stated by Soul himself. You NEED to respect everyone around you and the community and what it is upheld to be before you accept a position. You need to start doing something before you looked like you're here for the rank and the title as many have done before, this is not just restricted to SAs but Adminitrators and TAs included. Again this is reiterated; there are better suited people for your positions right now that would be doing more and setting out an itinerary/plan for us to see rather than winging it as you go which seems to be clear.
Didn't realise you cared that much
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
I mean I'm going to be brutally honest here with everything I have to say and if you don't believe me, I don't care - nor am I seeking validation from anyone but simply putting out a statement from someone who is in somewhat of a unique position being in the team back from 2016.

Not particularly on this thread but on other threads in the past I have seen people from the old days saying 'We used to care more' or 'The team was much better back in the day' etc, etc. - But from working with a lot of people throughout these few years I can tell you the people who were really of any help and were genuinely nice to work with were the people who put their heads down and simply got on with their jobs and whose names have really been forgotten about because they didn't seek any appreciation for their work, it's something they volunteered for and when they had enough they simply left. Otherwise it's just people looking for respect when really that's not what it's about. And the same people who usually say these type of things were actually extremely inactive from months upon end - trust me, I saw and somehow they're claiming that they were on the front lines protecting the players from the rule breakers of the community? I'm sorry but - no. And that's not to say I'm super active either, at the moment I'm really not and I'm trying to find time to work around that with my new schedule.

Don't let anyone tell you how to think. Just because a staff member may have done something that was insincere back in the day does not mean the next staff member who says something is lying to you - We all have the right to our own opinion and for us to see whether or not someone was being truthful by actually following something up. Rather than assuming the worst of someone before there is actually anything to show for it.

This isn't to say by any means that they weren't of any help, they deserve their tags but don't forget that I also resigned before coming back to the team and why do you think I returned? Because I turned salty because I saw a lot of decisions I disagreed with and so wanted a voice to make change and that's partly because Fearless has this end of the world mentality. And a lot of the team will disagree with decisions being made and posted and so in a lot of scenarios I'm sure a lot of administrators agree with criticism that does in fact slate the team - but don't want to publicly agree with your testament because we're meant to be a strong unified force and they can argue behind the scenes. 

Back when I was an SA I literally made an inactivity post because I had been going through a lot of stress but I literally came back to Fearless a day later because I felt as though if I was absent the whole world would fall apart and I feel like this translates to everyone on the community, a change is made and people hate it before testing it. Guidelines have been altered and we haven't seen the long lasted effect of what it will actually do. So many instances of things that have happened where people have said that Fearless is dying when really it's just a blimp. It's not too long ago that we were getting 10 players a day back when we were having a map switch and everyone said that it was the end but then we were up to the 75s a day with a 10 player queue to get in - Which I personally haven't seen for years.

Am I correct in everything I say? Probably not. I'm not perfect, I'm not an omniscient being. I've been a staff member for years and haven't seen anything from an actual unfiltered, unbiased, players perspective for years because even when a staff member tries to look at it from a players perspective it is not 100% possible to be accurate. The same goes for players, you shouldn't be making assumptions about what happens behind the scenes and make some bold statements that scare the rest of the community. The only things that are hidden from you are things that aren't important like minor things or things that could cause security issues and therefore damage that effects everybody. This isn't us trying to get one over on you guys and yes... You don't see what we see. It's a fact. And you may not trust the staff team and if that's the case then I'm sorry. We're only human, we make mistakes and you can't expect anyone from the team, whether it being devs, admins, etc. to be on all the time and to serve everything the server needs right away. It's a volunteer job, we're players just like you and we want the server to improve, of course we do. Why do you think people apply for contributor? Because they want to fix things and add new cool things to the server. Why do you think people accept the position of staff member? To stop rule breakers on the server. Sure, you could claim that people are also in it for the benefits but they really have to do their job to stay in the position, that's why we have demotions, etc.

There's also a lot of double standard from some of the communities within that position as well. For a while there has been a very anti-staff regime rising up and it reached its peak around the time that the community survey came around revealing the polls as to how the staff team are rated within the community and sure you may not like certain individuals or you may love others, but a lot of people were calling for certain people to be demoted solely on that basis. You may not like their work ethic or their personality but the SAs need a justified reason behind any action they take. When staff members who had a genuine reason for demotion were demoted a lot of the time they were people that the community favoured and so that then added to the flame of people hating the team, despite the fact that we were doing exactly what they wanted. I literally have lost close friendships on the basis of me doing my job. And the current SAs are brand new. I didn't really know what I was doing until I was settled in for a couple months. It takes a lot of development. I started off as an admin who was very entitled to their own opinions and when I took upon the role of an SA I told myself I needed to change and be someone who was a neutral party and so it's really not too fair to judge anyone based on a short period of time. And just because you can't see things doesn't mean they're doing a bad job. I made a lot of public changes which some agreed to and some didn't - it's what I enjoyed doing, was all of it 100% necessary, probably not but I am personally hopeful that a lot of it will do well in the future. There's a lot of the job that you guys didn't see, which I can say they are doing now, such as keeping up on activity, etc.

All in all - are we in a tricky position at the moment? Of course. The community have made that clear and good on you, it shows that you care. Are we taking steps to improve this? Yes. That doesn't mean it's necessarily going to come but I have high hopes that it does and so should you, because there's no point wallowing in a constant state of hate because that's not healthy for anyone.
It's Fearless 10 year anniversary this year so let's all look up to a brighter future.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 5 users Like Divey's post:
  • Lewwings, Decay, Yonno, Pollux, Joe Joe
(09-29-2018, 09:25 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:

Perhaps you are right, perhaps you aren't. Yet, I do not see you offering any suggestions. It's all well and good criticising a person, but not offering suggestions on how to fix it is just as bad. From my personal opinion, I do think it's fair that Administration needs more work. Although not many of us can help it, we do have outside activities over FL such as school and work (the age old saying, which I'm actually sick of saying at this stage of my time here). I understand that there are concerned members, but I mean it seriously when I say it:

How do you think we can fix it?
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
SA visibility is a huge issue right now. These posts by sparx are good first visible posts since the 7th. Eeee has about 10 posts this month and none of them are really significant. It just looks like you aren't doing shit.

I haven't been on the servers in a hot minute but everyone bitching about inactivity should be enough. So the solution is remove inactive staff and promote active people. No staff on is worse than meh people being staff. And before anyone says it's free work and you can't expect people to get on you are right. But that doesn't mean you get to sit inactive either.

Development has been the most active in my whole time in FL. But for the most part it has been all cosmetic. Maybe add some new things to do such as new jobs or new ways to make money. Doesn't matter. Just something fresh. 

There is a start for you.
The following 9 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Lewwings, Grunt, Huskii, Yonno, Decay, Envy, Zona, Spartan_KCT, Vimpto
[Image: oYiBJ64.png]

The inactivity of the administrative team in combination with the removal of the teacher rank has essentially killed actual roleplay. People come on to the server and there is nothing happening. There is an odd RP here and there, as well as an event here or there too.

But it's not really enough and in the image that I linked you can really see that it's taking an effect. 23 average monthly players is dreadful from where Fearless once was.

It's sad to see because we're obviously all here to play on this server because we enjoy it, but when issues are seemingly ignored it's off putting.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 3 users Like Huskii's post:
  • Grunt, Envy, Zona