Semi serious?
I've tried the server out the past couple days after a long while. Turns out it's gone considerably down from what it was the last time. Not that it was even semi serious server back then, when it came to players that make up for the majority of the player base.

During all these days I've seen props flying everywhere, mass cdming, rdming, nlr breaking. Pretty much mass everything that could happen. I saw actually 4 staff members (moderators and admins) on during one day. They all connected within a short amount of time, like 15 minutes. They stayed around half an hour on and left around the same time.

It used to be that minging hours were only during night but now it's all the time. It seems to have gotten so much out of hand that there's little to no hope on this server anymore. I heard someone say in OOC that please take off the 'semi serious' part from the server name. Sure it might fool certain type of people to join the server but soon after they will realize how far the server is from the name.

I admit that I had my fun watching others minge and mass everything everyone since I knew that as a president I have to hide behind any kind of prop or glass (buildings).

I remember some kids drawing dicks and hitler moustaches on things during elementary school. So does the player base mostly consist of 10 year olds or what?

Also thanks for being so kind as to give me a chance to try out the server Awestruck but no thanks. I'll turn the page finally. I can't be asked to play on a server which is doomed most of the time (by my standards).
The following 5 users Like Joulle's post:
  • Zona, King Kickass, Nuka, ImTheRealSparks, Aryen
Mate unfortunately its been like this for months and literally the reason why I don't play anymore.
Its a fucking shame whats happening but doesn't really seem like anyone's bothered about saving it either.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Zona
(09-27-2018, 06:06 PM)Envy Wrote: Mate unfortunately its been like this for months and literally the reason why I don't play anymore.
Its a fucking shame whats happening but doesn't really seem like anyone's bothered about saving it either.

Same. I wanted to play more FL but it’s impossible to return back to RP due to the server’s state and conditions. I have therefore also put more responsibilities and duties within politics and irl cases instead of roleplaying it on FL.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Envy
[FL] Fearless [Evocity_V4B1][Semi - Serious Base wars].
The following 4 users Like Dimitris's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Zona, BasicallyMental, James
Yikes it stings because it's true, i actually remember joulle on the server and when he role-plays he commits no matter how goofy the character. Hoover in nexus RP is good example.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(09-27-2018, 06:06 PM)Envy Wrote: Mate unfortunately its been like this for months and literally the reason why I don't play anymore.

I don't necessarily think that nobody is bothered about attempted to save it, because I know that there are many players out there would be dedicate a lot of their time to try and get FL to what is was, however the chance just never arises. The Staff is seemingly the same people being promoted time and time again because they miss the omnipotent feeling, rather than having a fresh new team, veterans are being promoted.

I am sure that many people would do a great job at restoring the server and community, but when you have 40 props and a blue physgun, there is no opportunity to show what you are capable of doing. When the new team of SAs was put into action, I thought they would really work together to turn it around, make it worth while to hop on the server for longer than 10 minutes. However this simply was not the case. Currently there is no sense of urgency to fix this issue that we, the community are faced with every single day. There seems to be no motivation to get up and go, and whilst this may be different on the internal side of it all, time is running out. For the last month or so, many members of the community have suggested that more Trial-Admins should be promoted, and apart a slight hint from DVN in a previous thread, this simply hasn't happened. 

As it has proved before, it is better to have a lot more smaller announcements rather than one big announcement. It keeps the community on its toes, rather than having the excitement of a big announcement, then it slowly dying out when the community realize that another big change isn't due for a while. Fearless needs urgency, a sense of wanting to get things done, motivation, inspiration and a solution, because the community is slowly dying out, and having the same ol' veterans popping by every few months when they get a slight hint of motivation for the server isn't going to save it. a Fresh Team, a Fresh set of Ideas, a Refresh for the Fearless Servers. 

Rant over.

*drops the mic*
The following 3 users Like Create's post:
  • Lewwings, Spartan_KCT, Zona
It's not only that. The server has failed to upgrade enough from what it was. It's essentially the same old game mode as it was in like 2015 (or even older?). I mean look at limelight for example, a derivation of the same game mode, except they actually went forward while fearless goes little to not at all forward.

The recent map change was definitely backwards. Evocity is just so old, overused and in addition a boring map. v4b1/v33x are both the flattest maps out there. Do something with more variety than a tiny city and for god's sake do something about the ridiculously low prop limit.

Surely not everyone has a 15 year old computer which can only deal with v2d, barely.
Ik Due to the current state of Fearless, I only head online for ClanRP or anything Clan related. I've been trying to voice my concern for the past few months but I feel like the community is not listened to (except for the selected few). I've tried to have hope that it's changing but quite frankly, it's not.

I think the current mingery level is higher than I've ever seen, and I hate to see this. Just look at all of the minge clans/groups that have been created in the past few months. I believe this really shows how the climate has become.

I do however believe these threads don't work to improve the server. Lets try and create threads with constructive criticism! Instead of continuously talking about how bad the server is I'd like the community to have a discussion about how we can change the current state. Afterwards I'd like to see the staff do something with the points that people adress! I believe we've analyzed every problem right now and I believe it's time to move on to solving these problems.

I still have hope that things will change but change will need to happen quickly.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 2 users Like Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Bobby Shmicki, Zona
So far only lesanka has added really useful things that I value. The gestures, okay some ppl helped her out there. Then there's the material tool's categorization which makes building much less frustrating. In addition she keeps on updating her spawnlist for everyone to use year after year.

Since so many of you like shooty shooty why did you go backwards with the weapon addon, to the boring, useless old one. Someone sprinting past a doorway which is being watched by full police department heavily armed with m4s isn't realistic and in no way enhances roleplay. All it does it makes it easier to minge and troll.

Arcadeish weapons just don't fit here or do you like being useless with weapons. Just change the addon already. You were on a rigtt track but then the majority of people with any kind of vision for future of the game mode went out and did what was necessary and now fl is still on the same point as it was before the riot.

I thought for a while that it was a childish and shortsighted move and even hated the people behind the split. All in all they were so right. Their suggestions, visions and ideas were being suppressed and would still be, if they hadn't left. Why? I don't know, is someone scared of long loading times? We don't live in 2007 anymore, even those developmenr countries that haven't been using 100Mb/s connections for the past 15 years can now achieve decent bandwidth. SUPPRESSED

Nothing but a bunch of conservatives.
The following 3 users Like Joulle's post:
  • Oneshott, King Kickass, Envy
I felt that FL hadnt gotten any better and actually had gotten way worse since i returned, and in the last week actually tried LL for these reasons. It has definitely gone forward in the content department, and is far more welcoming in bringing and keeping new players in.

I personally think fearless needs a far less elitist look at new players, they need to be welcomed and assisted where possible, if the people show interest that is.

I think the admin team needs a big refresh or they need to look themselves in the mirror. We all understand its hard work and you dont always feel like adminning, but you took up the role.

Content wise i agree with you. Honestly i dont think the old school way of thinking will go away here, most veterans have quit playing either way though. I hope it can be turned around but I currently dont give it that much of a chance, however the community has been alive since 2008 and has survived so far, so never say never. The server itself though, just currently is not much fun any more.

Edit; As far as the shooting goes, i could not agree more. Its a sprint at full speed through a firing squad - Inject + coffee + medkit spamfest. It makes no sense and most definitely does not enhance any sort of roleplay. But people that have liked that shooting and have gotten very good at the 3rd person run and spam will probably never want to see it changed.
The following 1 user Likes Oneshott's post:
  • Joulle